• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

empowered ray of enfeeblement?

the Jester

Legend
Piratecat said:
Hoping my players don't see this thread...

Is there an existing feat that allows rays to hit multiple targets, such as the "chain spell" feat?

There's Split Ray, and I believe there's a feat in one of the early 3.0 Dragon mags that turns a ray into a cone, but I cannot recall for certain what the specifics (or issue number) are.

FireLance

Legend
Crothian said:
split ray but it reduces the effectiveness of the spell.
The updated version in Complete Arcane does not reduce the effectiveness of the spell.

EDIT: However, it does increase the spell level by 2.

FireLance

Legend
the Jester said:
There's Split Ray, and I believe there's a feat in one of the early 3.0 Dragon mags that turns a ray into a cone, but I cannot recall for certain what the specifics (or issue number) are.
Dragon Annual #5. Targets get a Reflex save to avoid damage entirely. Also increases spell level by 2.

Hypersmurf

Moderatarrrrh...
the Jester said:

It was reprinted in Dragon Annual 5, I think.

Do a search on 'Ray Coning', and you should turn it up.

(I seem to recall a trick with Reach Spell, Ray Coning, 3E Harm, and one of those abilities that lowers metamagic costs...)

-Hyp.

mzsylver

Explorer
Thanee said:
With your party, there should be a few Lesser Restoration or Restoration spells prepared, which completely dispel the Strength penalty.

But those take a few rounds to cast. Not something to do in combat. However, using the Rapid Spell Feat, it takes a mere round! Or, better yet, have a Potion of Lesser Restoration handy - it will get rid of all your Ray of Enfeeblement woes.

Myradale, you may want to have your 11th level Wizard prepare Ray of Enfeeblement with the Empower Feat and then use a Rod of Maximize, Lesser instead.

Stalker0

Legend
Yep, welcome to the world of your fighters now blow:)

1d6+5 maximized and empowered as mentioned, average 16 str damage with a touch attack.

azhrei_fje

First Post
If an individual creature is targeted with multiple simultaneous ray of enfeeblement effects, would a lesser restoration eliminate all of them or only one? If similar spell effects overlap, I would think the restoration spell would only cure the effect of one spell, not all of them. What do others think?

P.S.: Don't forget touch of idiocy for the spellcasters in the party, too! No reason why they shouldn't join in on the fun! ;)

Kilroy

First Post
He has 6th level spells, why not use an Empowered (rod) Twinned Split Sudden Maximized ray of enfeeblement? 4 Rays that do (1d6+5)/2+11 points each.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads