EN World Game Store poll

How Will The EN World GameStore affect your buying habits?

• I buy PDFs, and will buy from my current sources

Votes: 71 27.3%
  • I buy PDFs, and will buy from ENGS if my preferred products are there.

Votes: 96 36.9%
  • I buy PDFs, and will buy ONLY from the ENGS from now on.

Votes: 3 1.2%
  • I don't currently buy PDFs, but I will buy from the ENGS.

Votes: 28 10.8%
  • I don't currently buy PDFs, and I don't plan to.

Votes: 62 23.8%

Turjan

Explorer
How can I answer this poll at the moment? There are too many factors involved in my buying decisions that I cannot tell now what I'll be doing next time I'll buy a pdf. This depends on price and other things.

Twin Rose

First Post
GlassJaw said:
I'm still not thrilled with the idea that my server donations for the site are fueling the new store either but whatever. :\

It's actually the other way around - the store is going to be paying it's fair share of the servers bills.

Nellisir said:
The $20 minimum checkout (or you get charged) limit? No way. Sure, I usually drop between $30 and $40, but somedays it's $10 or $12. I don't use the "credit account" things, so that's not a feasible work-around.

Twenty-dollar minimum?!?!?! :eek: :eek: :eek:

I hadn't even noticed that. Really?

$20?

Really?

Sorry, Morrus. I can count on the fingers of one hand, and still be able to use a mouse, the number of times I've dropped $20+ on a single purchase of PDFs. Heck, there have been times I didn't buy something I wanted because I couldn't meet RPGNow's $6.50 minimum.

If this is accurate, it all but guarantees I won't be buying anything here. :(

Rystil Arden

First Post
Mark CMG said:
This is the option that concerns me the most.
I'd guess this option would be from people who don't normally have money in their budget to go out and buy PDFs but want to support the site with an alternative form of donation. Just a guess, though.

BlueBlackRed

Explorer
Although I like the portability of PDF's, I believe my money should go to a good FLGS.

Electronic has its advantages, but a brick-n-mortar place is much more essential to keep role-playing thriving.

Mark CMG said:
This is the option that concerns me the most.

Me as well. IMHO, If ENGS manages to increase the pool of PDF purchasers by even 10% just by opening, the viral effect we've consistantly seen with PDF rpg growth means that additional 10% is going to turn into a greater % over time.

joe b.

Remove ads