EN World Presents (Episode 1 / Pilot Episode)

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
I've tried to sync this video onto my iPad as a podcast and I get a message 'this podcast cannot be played on this iPad'.

I get that sometimes with podcasts. I never understand why.

This one works on my iPad and my iPhone, though.

Roland55

First Post
Did a second viewing today.

Actually liked it better the second time. This is well worth continuing.

Ideas?

-Perhaps some occasional "how to" on more difficult/divisive rules.
-Occasional discussion of poll results on topics we're always arguing about (State of the Union).
-Impressions of the latest con -- the good, the bad, the nearly insane.

I also like the "unboxing" suggestion (darjr's, I think). Getting a good look at product early is interesting and helpful.

Jawsh

First Post
Hmm, I didn't like this.

The thing that drove me over the edge was the comedy crying. It was not as good as "Leave Britney Alone!" and I didn't even like that video... so yeah.

I get the feeling that way too much time was spent on the music and titles, and not enough time on actual content.

Edit to add: the Zeitgeist ad was really awkward. It didn't say anything about the product, and the words flashed up on screen for way too short to read. Put a link in the YouTube description, and then you'll at least get some clicks.

Last edited:

Henry

Autoexreginated
A quick editorial clarification to the video. The Domesday Book was in fact not a book, rather a newsletter. It was published by the Castles & Crusades society in the late 1960s (1968?). I cut too much from that edit and wanted to clarify here.

Good, because at first I thought you meant THE Domesday Book. First thought: "Holy crap was Gary a stickler for detail!" :)

I liked it -- like a couple of others, I felt the "Edition Wars Cry" was missing its mark in comic timing - since I'm not a comedian I can't give any helpful advice though. Not to say don't keep up with the Quest for Funny, though, rock and roll! The podcast is only helped by it. I prefer "Joel McHale" to "Kurt Loder." :)

Host of Angels

First Post
Cool - a great addition to the EN World arsenal. Good, succinct history of the game. I look forward to more...

I know it is easy to be nit picky, so please take these comments in the way they are meant - helpful.

A few jump cuts I can cope with and it gives it a particular style, but you probably need to paper over some of them with cut-aways. You could easily have used stills of the things you were talking about, maybe with a slow move in or something similar. If you wanted to avoid that, then script it tighter and run the script on a auto cue (I-Prompt on the iPhone used to be free).

The music felt a bit intrusive and was maybe a tad too heavy. Having said that, it certainly gave it pace.

Suggestions for content
- summarised reviews (keep it short). Maybe just the conclusion section of a Neuroglyph review, with lots of cut aways from the item in question. Not sure what copyright issue is, but BBC fair usage policy would allow it on the telly.
- New releases. Bish bash bosh
- Hot topics of conversation on the forums

Anyhow - well done, great first release. Oh and edition war thing was fine for me. Made me smile.

HoA

Alarian

First Post
It was decent for a first attempt. For me, there were too many jarring cuts in the video. Both between topics and during each subject.

Keep up the good work though. Each one will get easier and better.

Remove ads