• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

EN World vs. Talon

Holden MaGroin

First Post
Darklance said:
Ahhh...yet Enworld does not carry FDP...therefore there is no Of Sound Mind...Therefore I shall order from Talon if It does not come into the thrice damned book store by this weekend!

It seems that ENWorld is listening. PC's adventure seems to be on sale here

Of course, I'm still planning on buying at my local place, and failing that, I'll try and order a signed copy from Talon if he's got any left.

But for PDFs and stuff, I may use ENWorld from now on.

- HM

Christian

Explorer
I don't generally order things online, so I guess it doesn't matter much to me.

OTOH, I'm only about thirty or forty miles from Talon's brick & mortar shop. That's considered a 'short drive' in Texas, for some reason ... I've got to get up there someday & see what all the fuss is about. :)

Number47

First Post
Walt's shop is still there, and I have purchase almost all my (limited amount of) stuff there, but they really don't impress me, their hours bite and unwashed gamers...eww! So from now on, I will make my (one or two) purchases from the people who make D&D great every day, not just on game day, ENWorld!

By the way, Derek, who handles your website? I was just looking at it. It could use some spiffying up. Send me an e-mail if you're interested. It's what I do for a living. We could always work out a trade.

WSmith

First Post
Just to clarify some points. The EN world RPGShop is an affiliate program. That means that an outside company does all the shipping, customer svs, etc and Morrus put up the link on the site. When someone clicks on the link, there is a code that counts how many times a product is clicked and puirchased. The affiliate then gets a portion, called a referal fee, for that purchase. It is like getting paid for advertising the product. There is nothing wrong with it, all of the old 3e unoffical sites, including mine, either used Amazon or **spit in disgust on the ground** Dragonscroll :mad: . I just didn't want people being confused that Morrus was running his own store, and start complaing to him if things go bad with a purchase.

TalonComics

First Post
WSmith, does Dragonscroll even exist anymore? I'm pretty sure they're gone after all of the problems they had. I know back in the day Eric Noah had the Amazon affiliate thing going but if I recall correctly it didn't work out very well or some such. I can't remember though.

Number47, I'll drop you a line later. I do all of the website work myself using Dream Weaver.

Thanks,
~Derek

WSmith

First Post
Derek, IIRC, Eric had to drop the use of affiliate programs because of the deal he had with RPGPlanet. I can't say more than that, but he can if he wants to. :D

As far as Dragonsrcoll, :mad: I don't know what happened, but I certainly would like to. They owe me about $40 in affiliate credit. I am not going to sweat it though, cause there were some people who actually ordered products, had their credit cards charged, and never got the products at all or at least for months after the company disappeared. So, if anyone knows what happened, please let me know.

It might be a little more than you want to deal with, but you might want to consider something like that for Talon. Even if it is a simple as just keeping track of how the buyer was refered to Talon Comics by a ? in the email correspondance, and give the website a bennie like free shipping for refering more than $X to the website. I am sure SN would love that, and I would have a replacement for Amazon after I flush them :D

TalonComics

First Post
It might be a little more than you want to deal with, but you might want to consider something like that for Talon. Even if it is a simple as just keeping track of how the buyer was refered to Talon Comics by a ? in the email correspondance, and give the website a bennie like free shipping for refering more than $X to the website. I am sure SN would love that, and I would have a replacement for Amazon after I flush them

I'm in the process of trying to figure some ideas out for referrals. Currently, I do different things depending on what's being done at the site I'm advertised on. The main problem I have currently is that I offer a 15% off discount on my stuff so when you add in an affiliate payment my profits drop rapidly. :/

Any suggestions are welcome though!

~Derek

Remove ads