Encyclopaedia Altanica

Bront

The man with the probe
Rystil Arden said:
Thanks! A whole bunch more is coming soon when I get the Twin Infinities classes up :)
I look forward to reading it.

If you ever do another PbP with this stuff, let me know. I'd love to give it a try.

Last edited:

Rystil Arden

First Post
The Enchantress

"Tifalia, back to your studies girl!" Liasandra chided, her lovely face furrowed in a look of worry, "Why do you look look so glum?"

"Because, my cousin, I do not have my true-sister here with me. I sent her away for her happiness, and I know it was the right thing to do...but..."
"I feel so lonely without her, and my days are boring and dreary without my constant conspirator and dearest friend. I used to be able to finish my daily studies with enthusiasm because I knew I could share my newest magics or my bitter failure her and she would praise me and empathise with me unconditionally, and make me feel special and wonderful no matter what...All the other enchantresses get to have fun and awaken their powers on their own in a journey of discovery, but why not me? Why do I have to stay in here all day and practise, practise, practise until I've mastered every spell known to Amaranthia and my nexus feels like it wants to explode?"

"Because, dear child, 'every other enchantress' is not the Princess Ascendant of Amaranthia. You need to be able to protect yourself as well as make a good impression in front of the High Ladies, or you won't be able to succeed our beloved Queen when the time comes. If you really want another Naiad, we have a whole bunch of them out there, so I can see if we can bring you another one if you like."

"She is not a pet!" Tifalia exclaimed, outraged, "And her people no animals to replace interchangeably!"

"Of course not, they are a kind and lovely folk, and you are a nice girl, so I'm sure that you will make fast friends with another one too. Stop being so spoiled, girl."

*Upset, Tifalia waved her nexus through the air and conjured the image just as Liasandra had taught.*

"See, I got the spell right, now leave me please," Tifalia said quietly but commandingly, mulling over her feelings as she tried to think of some way to cheer herself up.

Attachments

• Enchantress.txt
    4.8 KB · Views: 139

Rystil Arden

First Post
The Martial Artist

"Watch out, the pirates are boarding!" Mireau shouted, holding his shield up to block a sabre cut from the first one to swing on board."

"Ha, let's see how their boat likes a Fireball, Erilan style!" Zarynian quipped, shooting forth a glowing orb that burst into flames in an instant, creating an explosion of heat.

Unfortunately, most of the pirates appeared unscathed.

"Darn those dodgy pirates! I don't think we can handle all of them."

"Stand aside, my fliends. I wirr handre this," Wei-Han replied to the Arcanist, as he rushed forward, landing a solid kick against the first pirate as he pushed off of his foe to gain added momentum, jumping straight off of the friends' tradesman and through the intervening stretch of Wildspace into the pirates' air envelope, landing in a spot that blocked the pirates from boarding the vessel.

Immediately, a half-circle of pirates surrounded the Martial Artist, backing him up against the side of the ship, but then he exploded into motion, making four quick and perfect strikes to four different pirates, his body in a blur of motion as they each dropped in turn. The other pirates each took swings at him, but he ducked, dodged, twisted, sidestepped, and avoided them all, ending his deadly dance of fists just before the pirate captain.

"Wirr you sullender to us, or will I have to teach you the strength of a Ryuko master as werr?" the Larakese man asks, arching an eyebrow.

Attachments

• Martial Artist.txt
    2.7 KB · Views: 139

Rystil Arden

First Post
The Dragonlord

--Soon the time will come-- Zaryl Barryn thought to himself --With that much power, I can become immortal...maybe even a god--

"Thank you my good friends! You have truly done well! Let me give you your reward."

"I will admit, finding the gem you sought was tough work, even after you pointing us to the planet and lent us that nifty crystal that acted as a compass, and we are sorely wounded from our battles, so your recompense is much needed, and we thank you for your patronage," the adventurer replied, handing the Dragonlord his prize.

--Unlimited power!-- Zaryl thought to himself --Now I just need to complete the ritual!--

"Very good. Here is your well-deserved reward."

The Dragonlord held up his hands and shot forth a swarm of deadly crystals at the injured adventurers, flaying them to death where they stood.

"Oh, and thanks again!" he laughed as he piled the remains in a heap and Disintegrated them--best not to leave something for the guards to find and subject to divinations.

Attachments

• Dragonlord.txt
    3.4 KB · Views: 163
Last edited:

Seeten

First Post
Dragonlord, Redux

Reformatted for ease of viewing, might help others viewing Dragonlord. Might set it to PDF, too.

Attachments

• The Dragonlord.doc
    25 KB · Views: 142

Rystil Arden

First Post
The Raider

Boom-boom boom-boom...the drums sounded closer this time.

"Lanja, my daughter, they are coming. Please, hide somewhere! I couldn't bear to see you taken."

"I will be all right Father. My Lofrein will protect us. He is a brave warrior. They will not defeat him so easily, not when he fights with me in his heart."

Suddenly there was a terrible crashing sound, and a dangerous looking Narlseman broke into the room, the three warriors struggling to get into a defensive formation. But he charged through them as if they are not there, slicing each of them into two pieces with a single cut of his axe for each, until he stood before Lanja's father.

"Father! Noooooo!!!!" she shouted as her beloved father was hewn apart before her eyes.

The man looked around the room appraisingly before his gaze finally stopped to rest on Lanja.

"You are the most precious thing the old fool had, aren't you my sexy new toy?" the man asked, dashing towards the girl, grabbing her chest and groping it possessively, "Very nice womanflesh. You will do."

"Get your hands off me!" she shouted, beating at him ineffectually with her delicate hands.

"Ah, feisty to boot! Just how I like 'em!" he grinned, and he threw her over his back and then disappeared into the shadows, determined not to let any of his allies notice his new prize lest they decide to challenge him for it.

Attachments

• Raider.txt
    3 KB · Views: 136
Last edited:

Rystil Arden

First Post
Bront said:
Your raider looks a lot like a swashbuckler (the title in the file is labled swashbuckler)
Hmm, I don't know what you're talking about :p--maybe you're imagining things. You'll need somebody else who agrees to back you up before I believe you :D (And since the file only had one view....;))

Ok, fine, I don't like rewriting those accursed charts and so I used a class that gets the same BAB and Saves and then erased some of it. Happy? :)

Bront

The man with the probe
Rystil Arden said:
Hmm, I don't know what you're talking about :p--maybe you're imagining things. You'll need somebody else who agrees to back you up before I believe you :D (And since the file only had one view....;))

Ok, fine, I don't like rewriting those accursed charts and so I used a class that gets the same BAB and Saves and then erased some of it. Happy? :)
I am now, it's fixed :)

I understand. Typing = bad when unessessary.

Question on the swashbuckler (the real one, not that raider imposter that appeared last night). Is he supposed to get weapon finesse automaticly? Or does have have to get it with one of his bonus feats? Several of his powers require it, but he doesn't get it automaticly.

Remove ads