• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Ends Meat (Boddynock Judging)

Halford

First Post
Fat Sal snorts, sending chunky spittle spraying out again.

"Huffgood, did he tell you he was employing you? Ha! You are working for the amorphous body that is the Bridgend Merchant's Association. Admitedly he is a founding member. But if you prefer I not impune the him within earshot that should be no great problem. He did oppose paying for my protection so I suppose he has a little fire in his belly."

Errandir

First Post
Reis, who had until now watched Sal's offer and his companions' responses silently, albeit with something of a frown, steps forward now and shakes his head emphatically. "Just a minute. I don't think I can agree to this."

He pauses, collecting his thoughts, and shakes his head again. "I'm sorry, Fat Sal, but I can't think of a reason for you needing to know what we find out before the Bridgend Merchants do that isn't against the interests of the association. Now, if you had hired me in the first place, that wouldn't be a problem. But since I'm here in the employ of the Bridgend Merchants' Association, I'm afraid that doesn't work."

He pauses. "Now, if you have any knowledge that would help us, I'd appreciate hearing it, and the assistance would certainly be worth my coming to you directly after reporting to my employers. I'm not going to contact you before that, though, and if that means you won't tell us what you know, well..." he shrugs "...that's up to you."

Reis finishes and glances at his companions for hints of support or disapproval.

Voda Vosa

First Post
Ciprinus frowns, looking at Reis. "We should vote, if we don't agree about this. My vote goes with this man. I think he has important pieces of evidence, and he needs us, as we need him" the half elf declares.

Errandir

First Post
Reis shifts back and forth, somewhat uncomfortable, but his face is set. "If you want to run it by Huffgood before we accept, I'm all for it. Or if you want to quit that job and see what Fat Sal here has to offer, I would probably go along. But I'm not going to keep working for Huffgood and cut deals behind his back as well."

Halford

First Post
"Ah, but I'm willing to bet your agreement had no clause about secrecy. You were simply hired to stop the thieves, no? Surely its a win win situation, you do the job they asked for and you merely keep me informed. Nobody could call that a breech of your agreement, at least nobody reasonable."

Piggy eyes blink at Reis,

"You may not approve of me few do, but what is the worst I could do with the information? Kill the thieves? Its likely you'll be doing that anyway, and as I have said I see little benefit in risking my boys when you are so willing to step into the breech. Come now lets be reasonable, I do so want to be friends. And as such I am willing to tell you anything I know no strings attatched, whether you are willing to keep me informed or not."

He looks down mournfully at the turkey bone now resting upon his plate and calls,

"Yarman, bring me the cornucopia of meat!"

And soon the butcher places a heaped pile of cold meats with an array of sauces and relishes before the corpulent thief. Sal descends upon it with gusto.

garyh

First Post
"Fat Sal has a point," Sarn commented. "Huffgood didn't say this was a secret job. He expected us to go around talking to people, actually - he did give us that list of merchants. And Fat Sal here does have a... business interest in the district."

Halford

First Post
Between mouthfuls Fat Sal nods agreement to Sarn's words,

"Indeed. I may even have further work for you should you suceed in this mission. Though I shall save the details until then, we do of course want you focused upon the task at hand."

Voda Vosa

First Post
"Midias my friend, it's up to you. If you support my blood sharing friend here, we are in a tie. If you support Sarn and me, then we win. So..." Ciprinus says to the holy man..

Walking Dad

First Post
"Hyrag's teachings tell us to promote the greater good, heal the wounded and destroy the undead. He is not the god of contracts. I will make no vote myself. I'm good with either. That leaves us with two votes for Fat Sal and one for the halfling.

It looks we have two contracts know."
Midias anwers.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads