• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Ends Meat (Boddynock Judging)

Walking Dad

First Post
After the talk, Midias helps the others to search for clues. He asks Sarn about the content of their talk (ooc: Yarman spoke only orcish, did he?) and notes the things that were stolen.

Halford

First Post
OOC: Previously in End's Meat...

"Don't come the charmer with me Master Druid, though I would like to engage your services. I need someone to have a look at one of my Warhorses, Porthos has been down for weeks and I can't figure it out. I heard that Druids can speak with animals, if you can do that I'd like to hire you as an interpreter, I'll pay twenty gold pieces - He's my best stud!"

Her tone is brusque, but she does not seem entirely displeased by the attention. She mouths tomorrow to Ciprinius as she leads the carriage away.

OOC: Back to the future! Yarman did speak Orc, btw.

The party spends a good half hour searching Yarman's Butchery and Delicatessan. Working together and with great care they discover a half chewed nub end of salami behind a crate which upon examination does lend credence to Ped Huffgood's claims about fanged creatures. The group see a small tub full of similar sausage nubs near Yarman's butcher's block - the tub is labeled "Ends, Meat".

At the back of the shop is a small office, looking at the lock it is clear that whoever broke in required several attempts to do so as there are an array of odd scratch marks around it.

Examining the top floor the group discover a series of letters addressed to Yarman in different hands, these are tucked down the side of a comfortable armchair, as is a small red leather case containing three brightly colored feathers. The armchair faces an exceptionally fine painting of Yarman, much thinner and wielding a massive flameing axe, with his arm around a handsome blond haired man in a glimmering chainshirt, and a balding little green gnome sitting upon the head of a massive grizzly bear. The legend reads, "Honeylott's Heroes", Derrin Honeylott, Gunt Yarman, Flanlan "Flannie" Ivytoes and Roary the Bear.

garyh

First Post
OOC: Sarn, obviously, translates the Orcish for his companions.

"Ciprinius, do either the scratch marks or feathers look familiar to you?"
asks Sarn.

Walking Dad

First Post
"Hm, 'Ends, Meat'. What does that mean? Is Ends or Meat also a word in the orc language? Or did he labeled it just in the common tongue?" Midias thinks aloud.

[sblock=ooc]Hooray, Midias is fully approved :D[/sblock]

Errandir

First Post
Reis shrugs. "It's just a label. "Meat ends" would simply mean the waste; whatever's left over after Yarman makes his sausages. He throws the scraps in here when he's done." The half-elf chuckles. "Feel free to search the barrel if you like, but you'll probably only get your hands messy. It's obvious that there were theives - or someone, anyways - down here, but we haven't learned much more than that..."

Reis glances again at the picture's inscription again, musing to himself, "Honeylott... right! Wasn't that Huffgood's driver, or whoever she was?" The half-elf looks at Ciprinius amusedly. "The one who wanted you to look at some horse. Well, that's interesting."

Walking Dad

First Post
"Yes, but thieves that can open simple locks, but not difficult ones and that are (at least some of them) are fanged. I would call this some clues. Maybe someone should ask Ms Honeylott about this Derrin, too." Midias says, looking at the druid while speaking the last sentence.

Halford

First Post
OOC: Probably should have posted this earlier to. BTW I had you aiding another and taking 20 on that search fyi. You can also aide another on the appraise check below if you wish.

In their search the group cannot help but notice the large and seemingly high quality lock gleaming dimly upon the basement door.

[sblock=Appraise DC 15 can be untrained Int check] The lock seems to be made, at least partially of admanatine, it clearly appears to be from a different door and is unlikely to have been commisioned by Yarman. Its probably worth hundred of gold pieces.

[sblock= Appraise DC 20 can be untrained Int check] The lock is of Dwarven manufacture, and likely worth around six hundred gold pieces![/sblock][/sblock]

Errandir

First Post
Reis bends forward to examine the lock, but quickly stands up again and shakes his head. "I may be something of a smith, but I don't have enough experience to know what this was made of, or how. It looks formidable, though."

OOC: 1d20 2=10

Voda Vosa

First Post
OOC: Sarn, obviously, translates the Orcish for his companions.

"Ciprinius, do either the scratch marks or feathers look familiar to you?"
asks Sarn.

"Let me see..." the druid says examining the feathers and the claw marks.

Take 20 with that.

Reis glances again at the picture's inscription again, musing to himself, "Honeylott... right! Wasn't that Huffgood's driver, or whoever she was?" The half-elf looks at Ciprinius amusedly. "The one who wanted you to look at some horse. Well, that's interesting."

"Indeed, the beautiful Leesha Honeylott. He might be her husband or her father. I hope her father. Dead father." he adds with a wink

Remove ads