Endur's Expedition to Castle Ravenloft

industrygothica

Adventurer
Willow sits in the corner watching the goings-on through the tangled mass hanging down over her eyes. Her skeletal fingers gently stroke the head of a rather large snake, partly coiled around her quarterstaff and then draped over her narrow shoulders. As Jack greets the other patrons of the Weary Horse and pulls out a chair for her, Willow gets up and slowly makes her way to her friend's new table, craning her neck over a few shoulders to get a look for herself at this note. Without a word, still stroking the snake's head, she sits in the chair Jack has readied for her.

Dareios, obviously a bit overwhelmed by the many adventuring volunteers, sits down again and waves the innkeeper near to serve ale to him and his new companions.

"I am Dareios, from Brindinford. If there's honour in it, I will lend you my sword."

He nods to Skorl and Rick. "I think I have seen you two in an earlier moment. You don't look exactly like Gnolls, so I assume we were fighting on the same side."

The he addresses to the others: "Any idea what we can expect from now on? - I, for what it's worth, have never heard of this place, but in creepy fireside tales."

Dirk

First Post
Rick reaches into a small metal containter hanging from his bag and pulls out Boo but cradles him in his hands very preotectively and never lets his eyes off the snake wrapped around Willow. Rick interjects into the conversation at this point.

"Willow, is it, if we are to be travelling together please make note of Boo. Boo is mine and mine alone and he will not be food for the snake. I was just making all of you aware of Boo's mighty presence."

He then set Boo on his lap with a cracker and pets him softly.

"Dareios I believe I was there slaying the vile Gnolls with you and now that you bring it up I recall a larger person wrecking havoc against the Gnolls as well." Nods to Skorl. "As far as whats going to happen I know 3 things. We have to get to Bravoria which means wolves to fight in the woods, we then help this poor fellow out in the note, then we get paid. I am glad our numbers grow steadily, that will make the job go by faster and easier."

Rick then sit and listens continueing to evalute his new companions and peting Boo.

hafrogman

Adventurer
Cedric gives the mighty Boo a strange look, almost opening his mouth to ask about the hampster. . . but then he thinks better of it as he comes to the realization that he almost certainly doesn't want to know.

He looks between Dareios, Rick and Skorl for a moment.

"I see some of you know each other already. My name is Cedric, it will be honor to join with you in this endeavor. Setting off at dawn does seem like a good idea, starting off fresh tomorrow."

industrygothica

Adventurer
Dirk said:
"Willow, is it, if we are to be travelling together please make note of Boo. Boo is mine and mine alone and he will not be food for the snake. I was just making all of you aware of Boo's mighty presence."

"Slithergleam prefers more than your pet can offer, I think. He is safe, I can assure you," Willow responds the snake nudges her cheek with its own.

Dirk

First Post
Rick nods in agreement towards Cedric. Then looks toward Willow.

"Good, then we shall have no problems on our adventures together. Boo and I shall retire for the night if no else has any other ideas or suggestions..."

OOC: I'm going to wait for more responses before Rick leaves the table.

Endur

First Post
Although some of the other tavern goers ignore the letter and the man's proclamation, everyone is happy to drink to his health, the health of the burgomaster, and whoever this Ireena is.

None of the tavern-goers claim to have ever visited Barovia, other than the man who dropped off the gold and the letter. The fearsome reputation of the Wolves of the Svalich Woods keeps travelers away. Some say the wolves are supernatural.

The bartender spats, and adds, "It is a good thing that Vistani brought gold to buy drinks. Who would visit Barovia for any other reason? Ancient curses, gloomy weather, and vicious wolves plague Barovia."

Amongst the many drinkers who examine the letter are three more members of the Lightbringers. The famous warrior Mathilda, and her followers Ashlyn and Thendrick. All three wear white cloaks emblazoned with Pelor's holy symbol and have longswords sheathed at their side.

Rhun

First Post
Skorl continues to drink and laugh at the rumors concerning this "Barovia." He smiles widely, proudly showing his fangs. "If wolves bite, I bite back!"

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
Lia Nailo, female elf ranger

From near the fire, a slender elf woman with bright golden hair rises to examine the letter. She wears the armguards of an archer, has a very faint set of thin scars on her neck, like scratch marks, but has the fresh face of a child. She flashes a guarded smile to the others in the room, nodding to Jack as a fellow elven archer.

"While the Master may be mad, that doesn't mean he doesn't need help. There are strange tales of Bavoria... it sounds like a place in dire need of Saviors. I am Lia Nailo, and my bow will be bent for a worthy cause like this. And I welcome all of you eager souls; for one can have no worthier companions than those willing to take on a hero's task," she says in a musical voice.

Remove ads