Endur's Return to the Temple of Elemental Evil

Thanee

First Post
Lenya

Before heading inside, Lenya did activate her detect magic ability, which she uses now to look at the leaving Maridosen quickly (just one round, but placing the cone that only she is inside) and then at the others present, not trusting anyone for now, though she does not really expect to see any magic on either of them.

“Could we wake her? It's important. Ostler, could you come with me, please? There is something wrong, I don't know what exactly... I just hope everything is alright... please, come, quickly!”

Endur

First Post
The Canoness responds to Lylamwyn,
"The followers of St. Cuthbert do not engage in necromancy.
"Pray to St. Cuthbert for insight on the issues that are bothering you, and you will receive wisdom sufficient to resolve your problems."

When Lenya scanned those present at the Welcome Wench, she detected magic on the exiting Maridosen. There was no magic on Oster Gundigoot, Goodwife Gundigoot, and on three regular customers, the dwarf Tragge Liftsilver and Craven's "mentor" the human warrior Xaod, both who were already on their way to being drunk, and the halfling Questin, who ate meals at odd hours and was who rumored to sleep in trees at night.

After Lenya's comments about Vesta and something being wrong, Ostler gets a severely worried look on his face, and starts to get up from his easy chair. Goodwife Gundigoot comes out from the kitchen and says insistently,
"No, Ostler, this is not that important. This is not something for which you should get out of your chair. Lenya just meant that there was something feminine us womanfolk had to straighten out. Lenya and I will go upstairs and straighten this out with Vesta. Nothing to worry your mind about. Go back to your pipe."

On their way up the stairs, Goodwife Gundigoot insistently continues to Lenya,
"I've told you before. Don't bother Ostler with anything that could cause him to worry. If you have something that is bothering you, go to me or Vesta. Leave Ostler alone."

Goodwife Gundigoot knocks on Vesta's door, "Vesta, honey? Lenya is back and will be able to work tonight. Are you up yet?"

There is no response to the knocking.

Goodwife Gundigoot continues,
"She must still be asleep. She will be up soon and will talk to you then."

Endur

First Post
Yundi mentions to Belaver,
"Your uncle Joman came by this morning while you and Master Jaroo were not in the grove. Joman wants you to know that your brother is visiting Hommlet and staying at the Old Trading Post."

Thanee

First Post
Lenya

“I'm sorry, there has been a lot happening the last days, and much of it is no good at all. Dark clouds are gathering on the horizon. You, Vesta, you have always been good to me, and I just want to make sure, that everything is alright. Can we open the door, please?”

Lenya will also turn her senses to the door and beyond, while looking at it.

Then she remembers the magic she sensed on Maridosen...
Too bad there was not enough time to check her thoroughly...

“Say, was Maridosen with you all the time?”

Xael

First Post
Endur said:
The Canoness responds to Lylamwyn,
"The followers of St. Cuthbert do not engage in necromancy.
"Pray to St. Cuthbert for insight on the issues that are bothering you, and you will receive wisdom sufficient to resolve your problems."

Lylamwyn mutters something incomprehensible about Clerics and their annoying habits while he leaves.

After visiting Lord Burne and Rufus, Lylamwyn goes to return what he happens to be carrying of Spugnoir's equipment to his family (and the cat if it's sticking along). He'll try to drag Craven with him to do the talking.

OOC: Did the Canoness decide to Raise Spugnoir or not?

Last edited:

Endur

First Post
Lenya does not detect anything from Vesta's room.

Goodwife Gundigoot responds to Lenya,
"Yes, Maridosen has been here, working sixteen hours a day ever since you and Craven went on your adventure. She might have taken a small break during slow periods and gotten some sleep, but mostly she was here.
"Since you insist, we'll take a look inside and make sure that Vesta's illness isn't too severe."

She unlocks the door, opens it, and looks in. Vesta is asleep in her bed. With the door open, you can now hear Vesta's steady breathing.

"She looks ok to me. It is strange that she would sleep all day. I think she just overworked herself, covering for the absence of yourself and Craven."

Thanee

First Post
Lenya

...or was poisoned to sleep all day... Lenya thinks to herself.

“I'm sorry, if you want to know what happened... someone, who used magic to look like Vesta just shot me with a crossbow on our way back this afternoon. I was certain it wasn't her, but I feared, that this person might have done her harm. I'm glad everything is alright here, but please be careful, there are sinister folks hidden amongst the townsfolk in Hommlet! There are a few things, I need to tend to still, my own wounds among others, but I will soon be back to help you in the common room.”

Endur

First Post
Goodwife Gundigoot replies, "That's terrible. You are lucky you weren't killed. Lenya shot by a crossbow. What is this world coming to?
"And magical illusions? Those gnomes are getting out of control.
"You go rest until you are all better. We'll handle the crowd tonight."

Paxus Asclepius

First Post
Endur said:
Yundi mentions to Belaver,
"Your uncle Joman came by this morning while you and Master Jaroo were not in the grove. Joman wants you to know that your brother is visiting Hommlet and staying at the Old Trading Post."

"David's here? I suppose I'll have to go find out why." When Belaver has the chance to do so without leaving the Grove unattended, he will go out to the Trading Post; he'll leave Neshi behind, so the serpent gets a chance to rest and recover.

Endur

First Post
After Lylamwyn describes the Dark Obelisk and Portal, Lord Burne replies,

"I never knew things like that existed below the Moathouse. In the Temple of Elemental Evil, I would have expected things like that, but not in the Moathouse.

"I can provide you with a scroll that will create a Wall of Stone to help you reseal the crypts below the Moathouse.

"Are you going to pursue these evil cultists to Nulb and the Temple of Elemental Evil?"

Remove ads