• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Enemy Among Us (DM: Stringbean2142, Judge: TwoHeadsBarking)

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
OOC: can we speed it up a little? It's taking us more time to return to the village then to kill the overlord...I know it would take more time in RL, but not here...and I'm impatient as CaBaNa just offered an adventure which fits my next char's story and I cannot receive XP unless we finish this...I know it's not really crushing timeline since it'll take few months to finish that one too, but still...

TwoHeadsBarking

First Post
ooc: I've sent roadtoad a PM, no response. So yes, Catien will assist the first person in a round to use him until the player gets back. Kent's roll results in a +2 to the next person to use it, representing the ranger's general knowledge of how things are supposed to work in nature as opposed to how they are working now.

Neurotic

OOC: Don't get me wrong, I don't mind proper wrap up, we just slowed considerably instead of pushing it a little bit to the end...

JoeNotCharles

First Post
[sblock=Interest Check]
After the events of 6 Eagle Down, I'm considering having 7 Rabbit (also a member of the Arcane Ciphers) ask the group for help fixing his brother's brain, now that you have some experience in the subject. Rabbit himself won't be involved since I'd be DM'ing the search, of course.

I only have the vaguest idea what to actually put in the adventure, so before I spend any more time thinking about this - are you (the 3 Arcane Ciphers people, in particular) interested in continuing together, and in this hook?
[/sblock]

ScorpiusRisk

First Post
[sblock=ooc]Bell is absolutely interested with adventuring with 7 Eagle. I think that could prove to be very fun.

As for the current dragging, and I think I'm just not quite sure what to do. I know I need to make rolls but I'm not sure how to build further rp wise with the information available. If you'd like THB, we could make some rolls and you can maybe start us off with what that means, but I'm just not sure what actions to make with the rolls.[/sblock]

CaBaNa

First Post
So what you're saying, Kendrick, is that the infection may be holding brain function back? Alright, I suppose we can remove the offending particles and I can protect the brain matter during the process.

Veruzak magically moves the brain matter ever so slightly, leaving just enough room for Atlas to remove the remainder of the large particles.

After this Bell, Martelai, go in and see if you can psychically energize some of the questionable connections, find working ones that I overlooked. It shouldn't be difficult to have these bodies functioning at their highest possible capacity. If that brings back their minds, so be it.

[sblock=OOC]

Activating Kendricks +2

Arcana (including +2) = 18

Here is a success, and some RP fodder.

Kendricks +2 used.

Catein's assist still available.

Everyone else is up.

[/sblock]

[sblock=JNC]

!!

7 Rabbit has become quite the recruiter ;)

Veruzak is always interested in doing more for the IAC. Especially directly benefiting members, that's how the group will grow :devil:.

[/sblock]

Last edited:

Neurotic

[sblock=7Rabbit]I'm always in for an adventure. What's more, may I suggest to place it in Bacarte? You can add to this side quest for Martelai (selling info about sea crows and/or rounding of survivors) - and I remember Kendrick mentioning something along that lines. And we can sell creatures there (altough I'd prefer not to, esp if that live captured one is still alive)
[/sblock]

[sblock=Skill challenge]
I believe we're getting ahead of ourselves. We've done what we can on our own, next checks should wait until herbalist and others in the city have a chance to look them oevr. they might provide IC hints for us and/or aid bonuses. Esp. potions (arcana), nature and heal...
[/sblock]

Now for the game:

Martelai offers Bell the hand placing one on Rayn's temple and focusing on the threads of broken psyche that Veruzak opened to the weave of magic...

"Come Bell, let's shock the liutenant into wakefulness."
If/When Bell accepts he focuses, using his knowledge of psychic powers to push energy ever so slightly into the web, guiding strands to reconnect.

OOC: OK, this is stretching it, I don't know how else to use Arcana. Next up, streetwise, horoscope or aid another.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads