• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Enemy Among Us (DM: Stringbean2142, Judge: TwoHeadsBarking)

TwoHeadsBarking

First Post
You are able to get to the town without being waylaid by a swarm of goblins. In fact, due to your speed and the lateness of the day, you manage to get to the herbalist's without being waylaid by any curious townsfolk as well.

The shelves are filled with herbs and tools of various types. It should be easier to do... whatever it you're trying to do here than it was in the cabin.

[sblock=ooc]Four successes so far. The various supplies here give a (non-stacking) +1 bonus to Arcana checks, Nature checks, and checks that involve medieval surgical equipment.[/sblock]

CaBaNa

First Post
While walking into town the wizard finishes his end of the deal, and removes himself metaphorically from the partially repaired bodies. Shadow seemed to swirl about the Shadar-kai raised Eladrin, his deep Orchid robes seeming to fade themselves into the background.

Veruzak maintained his place in the shadows of the group, until they reached the herbalists. Excellent, I'll have Veruzak begins perusing the containers, and identifying contents. A moment passes before he begins snatching items and placing them in his robes, This, and this... This, two of these... and all you have of this, and 4 bags to carry it all in. The list rambles on until the Eladrin has amassed a 52 gold piece tab, including the 4 pouches he bought. He reaches into his robes and withdraws a small purse pulls 52 gold, and gives it nonchalantly to the herbalist.

Veruzak takes a backseat to the bodily restoration to organize his new goodies.

[sblock=OOC]

Veruzak will auto assist the next arcana check someone makes.

New goodies include 50gp of mixed ritual components, and 4 belt pouches (which will be sewn into Veruzak's robe shortly.)

[/sblock]

ScorpiusRisk

First Post
Bell, meanwhile goes searching about the house for the herbalist himself hoping he can provide some assistance. Once she finds the old man, she knocks on the closest furniture smiling.

"Mr. Herbalist! I'm so glad we found you! You'll be glad to know we've defeated the evil mental overlords plaguing your citizenry." She grabs his wrist and gentle tugs him towards the others. "Mr. Atlas and Veruzak can explain it much better but we thing there was some kind of aberrant material in their brain and maybe we can remove it and fix it some how, but we could sure use you're help, especially with all you're herbs and things. I need to go talk to town folk about ways to shock them psycically, but I'll be back. Ok, thanks soooo much, buh-bye."

Bell leaves the old man behind and goes looking for townfolk. I think I figured out what Martelai was really trying to do back there. If we're going to connect with those people on a basic psychic level we need to know more about them though so we can really shock the system!

[sblock=ooc]Diplomacy 19 on the herbalist. Hoping to get him in a favorable mood so he feels inspired to help us (and maybe provide an assistance in nature checks).

Bell then goes out to talk to townsfolk. She's looking for personally information on the people they found so she can attempt another arcana check.

Streetwise 17 maybe Kendrick or Catein can assist me?[/sblock]

Mal Malenkirk

First Post
-''Need some help?'' Kendrick asks half heartedly to the herbalist.

Hey, if anything else I can show him the best to euthanize these poor husks.

-''Oh, and where is our reward?''

[sblock=OOC]
Well, Nature really is my only relevant skill.

1d20+7=23
[/sblock]

TwoHeadsBarking

First Post
"Oh, um I mean, you can't, well, thank you for your business?" the herbalist is clearly taken aback by Veruzak's entrance and behavior, but he calms down somewhat as Bell explains the situation. As Kendrick talks to him, he walks to his equipment.

"Well, I can't promise anything; the specifics of this case are beyond my expertise. Young man, would you be so kind as to fetch me a few ingredients from my supplies?"
He rattles off a list of herbs which Kendrick is easily able to both remember and recognize on the shelves. "It seems that we have two tasks: removing the foreign matter and rousing the victims. The first may accomplish the second, but we should be prepared for the worse." He takes the items from Kendrick and begins measuring, mixing, boiling, etc.

On the street Bell and Martelai are able to find very little regarding most of the victims. However, they are able to learn the address of Rayn's sister. It's not too far away, just on the edge of town.

[sblock=ooc]Six successes. The Streetwise didn't give a success, but hopefully it will lead to future successes.[/sblock]

CaBaNa

First Post
[sblock=OOC]

Sorry for the delay, but no update today. Surprise interview for a promotion tomorrow morning...

I'll update ASAP, please feel free to NPC where necessary.

[/sblock]

CaBaNa

First Post
Excellent. Veruzak goes to stand outside, watching the town in action.

Breaking open a number of the new vials, Veruzak fills his Strider and snaps a finger, the flame that spews from the tip lights the concoction and a purple smoke wafts into the air. Ah, just in time. A few minutes later the wizard returned to the group. He snapped again, and this time a light appeared at the tip of his finger, he went from victim to victim, Missed a spot, Veruzak continued down the line, Missed a spot.

After pointing out the flaws in healing work, he returned to the outdoors, and his pipe.

[sblock=OOC]

Perception to assist next Heal check Success

[/sblock]

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
"You go, Bell, but be careful when you bring her to the healer, check first so she doesn't see something gruesome. I'll go and find Yurian and bring him to herbalist hut."

Aid another (Diplomacy) (1d20+7=25) - if you choose Insight as better for this kind of advice, roll is 21, still plenty enough

Martelai finds Yurian, looking first in the tavern and, if he's not there, asking the bartender. He looks next in village elder's house.

"Good day. I trust you're better? That arrow was an inconvenience for sure. We solved the problem and survived in full number. We brought back several victims, they are at herbalists house, Atlas and Kendrick are trying to restore them. They are somewhat worse for wear."

Last edited:

Remove ads