Enemy Among Us (DM: Stringbean2142, Judge: TwoHeadsBarking)

ScorpiusRisk

First Post
[sblock=ooc]And hey, while I'm here and my other threads seem to be dong ok, why don't I make a couple of skill rolls to add to the cause? I was going to wait for someone else to post since I had the last couple, but I think allot of people are feeling the RL pressure right now.[/sblock]

Bell hurries back quickly with the woman, nodding to Veruzak at the door. "I got the sister!!" she squeals and continues inside. She makes her way toward where they are keep the Lieutenant but stop short of the door way.

"Ok now he's right in there but in order to do this properly, I need you to concentrate on that moment or experience we were talking about earlier. Some secret that might help us shock him into a state of acute mental alertness."

She took a moment and breathed in, preparing herself for the connection she was about to try and make. You can do this Bell. You're not a psychic but you know how to control people's actions and emotions arcanely to a certain extent. This is just an extension of that. You just need to concentrate.

Bell opened her eyes and calmly took the woman in, preparing to recieve her consciousness properly. She then reached out, feeling the air around her for the streams of magic that made life possible. She grasped at them, bent them to her and tried desperately to create a bond, bridging the Lt. to his sister.

Finally at the last moment she grabbed at the woman and pulled her into the main room, hoping her shock, while connected would shock him further in return. "Look at him! See his wounds and know fear!"

[sblock=Actions]Diplomacy 8 to prepare the sister, calm her, and get her to listen
Bluff 13 to convince both her and Bell, that Bell is capable of doing this
Insight 18 to emotionally evaluate the sister to be ready to receive her psyche
Arcana 24 to try and make a connection between them
Initimidate 9 to shock the sister

Interpret as you will oh DM[/sblock]

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
In the meantime with Yurian:
"This is the situation as I see it. There was a band of pirates in a hidden cove, bunch known as Sea Crows of Bacarta. They probably messed with something they didn't supposed to or simply found it. Whatever the reason, they were subsumed into some kind of collective, guarded by spider-like guardians, humans dominated by the collective and lead by massive and stationary overlord. We saved as much of dominated people as we could."

At herbalist cabin:
"I brought Yurian. How is it going?"
Martelai observes the proceedings and makes few suggestions and offers reassurances
"May I suggest you try that procedure on the dogs first?"
OOC: aid another HEAL - if others skill are invalid by now
"Don't worry, madam, you're in capable hands. And liutenant Rayn will be as new once this nightmare is over."
He focuses following the threads of magic Bell weaves around the pair, strenghtening and guiding where possible.
OOC: PRIMARY AID ANOTHER
OOC: Aid another BLUFF? if arcana doesn't cut it
[sblock=Rolls]
All rolls are aid another:
Arcana(1d20+9=18); Bluff (1d20+10=16); Heal (1d20+1=2)
[/sblock]

CaBaNa

First Post
Catein unfolds into smaller and smaller chains, each time they seem to become more fine. Inserting the chains it begins removing material from the holes, unfortunately for the victims, the construct was unfamiliar with which was foreign matter, and what belonged.

In the end the construct was likely doing more harm than help.

Veruzak puts his entertainment away, and follows Bell inside, assisting with the healing efforts, by contributing basic anatomy details.

[sblock=OOC]

Heal check from Catein toward skill challenge 7 includes Veruzak's assist.

Veruzak will assist the next heal check

[/sblock]

TwoHeadsBarking

First Post
[sblock=ooc]
Okay, I mean no direspect to anyone, but this can't go on.

We can't have Bell and Rayn's sister exchange one sentence every other day! They've been at it for a week. If there were anything of value form this exchange it should have unfolded a week ago after the first diplomacy check.

Beyond the current discussion, I have been under the impression that we were wrapping up for well over a month now. I for one have completely checked out of the current proceedings. Can we just get an epilogue, treasure and XP?

Agreed. Need to recalculate xp and treasure totals. Conclusion coming later tonight.[/sblock]

TwoHeadsBarking

First Post
The sister pales, and for a moment it looks like she's going to faint. Instead, she catches herself, walks over to Rayn, and whispers something in his ear.

Martelai feels something drag itself out of Rayn and leap into the trophy in his belt. For a moment he feels a pull from the appendage, as though it were trying to suck some part of him in. But then the sensation fades as his new-found rod corrodes and rusts away in a matter of seconds. It appears that the remains of the creature drained the magic from the item. The rod is now worthless, but the limb may be useful.

The lieutenant suddenly jerks awake. He looks around, dazed and confused. He is about to say something, but he is cut off by the relieved embrace of his sister.

"This, this is wonderful!" Yurian exclaims. "Friends, you have done more than we could have possibly hoped for."

"Yes, good sign. The others will probably be cured, in time. Maybe not the dogs though. It will be harder to shock them. Fewer secrets."

"Um, as I was saying," Yurian makes a valiant effort to regain control of the conversation, accomplished mostly by ignoring the herbalist, "you have done a great service, and your payment should reflect it. If you will wait just a moment, I will be back with a reward worthy of heroes of your stature."

Yurian leaves. The herbalist occupies himself by first checking to make sure Rayn has recovered, (
"Reflexes are a little sluggish, but that's to be expected. Surely nothing to be worried about.") and then moving on to the dogs. Rayn notices his amulet around Kendrick's neck, but he smiles and mouths "keep it". Before long Yurian returns with several pouches as well as two fine, if a bit antiquated, longswords.

"Here is the monetary reward you were promised," he says as he hands out the pouches, "as well as something which well hopefully aid you in the future," he finishes, passing over the swords. "The last people to use these founded our town, many years ago. It seems right to give them to those who saved us. And of course, we are ready to teleport you back to Daunton whenever you wish."

On Martelai's belt, the leg twitches. Just once.

[sblock=Totals]XP (all non-time rewards have been doubled, as is the L4W standard):

Encounter 1: 1200 xp
Encounter 2: 1800 xp
Encounter 3: 1800 xp
Saving townsfolk and being generally alright people (aka quest xp): 1800 xp

Sub-total: 6600 xp
Sub-total per person: 1100 xp

Time xp: 4 full months x 83 xp per month = 332 xp

Real, actual total, the one you bring home to your parents: 1432 xp

Treasure:

Amulet of Protection +1
Mythral/Mythril/Mithril/however WotC spells it Scale +1
Robe of Eyes +1
Rod of Corruption +1
Chainmail of Shared Suffering +1
Harsh Longsword +1
Vengeful Longsword +1

125 gp per person, and 750 to the group. 250 per person if you want to split it evenly. Don't forget that you got 30 gp in advance.[/sblock]

ScorpiusRisk

First Post
Bell squeels with glee and a little bit of shock that they're actions were successful. Jumping up and down she cannot contain herself. Not only did we save the town but we also saved the innocents and now no one will do evil necromancy!

When Yurian comes back she carefully takes one of the swords holding it gingerly. "Oooooooooo."

[sblock=treasure]I don't have any issue splitting the treasure evenly. I would very much like the Harsh Longsword.[/sblock]

renau1g

First Post
[sblock=Totals]XP (all non-time rewards have been doubled, as is the L4W standard):

Encounter 1: 1200 xp
Encounter 2: 1800 xp
Encounter 3: 1800 xp
Saving townsfolk and being generally alright people (aka quest xp): 1800 xp

Sub-total: 6600 xp
Sub-total per person: 1100 xp

Time xp: 4 full months x 83 xp per month = 332 xp

Real, actual total, the one you bring home to your parents: 1432 xp

Treasure:

Amulet of Protection +1
Mythral/Mythril/Mithril/however WotC spells it Scale +1
Robe of Eyes +1
Rod of Corruption +1
Chainmail of Shared Suffering +1
Harsh Longsword +1
Vengeful Longsword +1

125 gp per person, and 750 to the group. 250 per person if you want to split it evenly. Don't forget that you got 30 gp in advance.[/sblock]

[sblock=Judge]
Approved. This includes time gold right?

How many DM credits?
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Martelai grabs for his rod as he felt the pull, but his hand only dusts off remains of the rod. After the leg twitches he carefuly takes it out and looks at it curiously.

"This thing still has some power. I'll study it in more detail. Until I find out more, I suggest you keep magical items away from it."

Smiling at Bell he offers:
"Welcome back, liutenant, I'd like to hear of what you remember when you feel up to it."

Accepting money from Yurian:
"Thank you, it is well earned, trust me on that one. I'll remain for a spell if you don't mind, I need to mark the cave and bury those pirates. Preferably at the sea in case there is something still inside them. Can I get volonteer with a boat?"

To herbalist:
"I'd like to remain if you don't mind, until people are restored. I'm no good with the blade as our earthen friend here, but I can assist in guiding their minds back and maybe this leg still has some effect. I felt something leave LtRayn before my rod disintegrated. Maybe it will offer some protection by drawing those things to itself instead of looking for new host."

Later:
"Veruzak, I'll remain here for short time, study the remains and mark the cave. If the woman we found at the cabin is the owner and she wants it, I don't think we can hold it as IAC property. When you come to Daunton, register the cave, I'll bring news about the cabin. You send Igor to take care of the cave when you have resources available. Could you also write what you felt and how you fought off that dominations effect from the worm? You spoke of some 'static' or 'noise'."

To all:
"It was great traveling and fighting with you. I am indebted to each and every of you with my life. So, if you need me some time, leave a message either in Daunton's Hanged man or on Bacarte through that portal. I'll come as soon as I can."

"Bell, Atlas, could you please take some time and write down what you learned here operating, cutting out those fleshy additions and you Bell, what you felt guiding the minds of those stranded. We could make some references and compile something that might help temple of Mireva and library in daunton. I'll write the description of the beasts we encountered. If I don't show in time, leave it with Brews."

"This is something new and we should take time and prepare others for such dangers."

OOC: Thank you, TwoHeads for great adventure. You took over masterfuly. And thanks to StringBean for writing it in the first place.
I don't mind splitting either evenly or so that everyone gets same treasure + money, but somebody needs to do the math...I'll write down 30+125+250 for now

Last edited:

Remove ads