• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Enhancing and running City of Eyes (tier 4 ravenloft cosmic horror)

The thread - along the lines of many that arr tailered for DMs - is for discussion of running, modifying, interpreting or clarfication of the CITY of EYES tier 4 ravenloft adventure by Oliver Clegg (Darkshire). Available in PDF and Foundry from DMSguild:
city of eyes 2.3 PDF

I added a random encounter as the party made thier way from Ciceros (or the crooked house):
As you move through the city you see two grubby Children clapping hands together in time to a childrens rhyme:
"Grobbly Wobbly spider climned up the water spout,
Down came the rain and washed poor Grobbly out,
Out will come the sunshine and dry up all the rain,
And Grobbly Wobbly spider will climb up the spout again

Doktörr

Villager
I am currently running this module (players defeated the painted lady and already have discovered the auction & found the dancing spider), my players really loved making riddles with Cheshire, so best prepare a few of those.
What I feel missing most is the underground city part - It is not well enough described for me. This also poses an opportunity however to fully flesh it out with own ideas, maybe even give an explanation for the unspeakable denizens.

We've now encountered the Spider - Groblets - which was an epic battle. With the height Groblets can fight from, regen and such a high AC its unlikely to fare well for any party. To cut things short I had Grobblets shift attention to two wounded PCs awaiting the main group further below in the prison. Ie the party lost an NPC to Grobblets.

Remove ads