• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Enterprise 11-12-04

mojo1701

First Post
BrooklynKnight said:
Didnt anyone notice something else?

The Briar Patch is currently part of Klingon Territory. In Startrek: Insurrection, its part of Federation Territory (though the planets within the area are independent and their actual system is not owned by the federation.

It wasn't part of Klingon Territory, it was past it.

just out of curiousity, in the 'official' ST history, was there ever an actual war between the Klingons and Federation? During TOS, there was pretty much a cold war type of conflict, but it never went to open war. For the next 3 series, the Klingons were allies of the Federation (other than that short and silly conflict in DS9, which only lasted about a month). The war with the Romulans is well known, but I never heard of one involving the Klingons...

Bill Scott

First Post
BrooklynKnight said:
Didnt anyone notice something else?

The Briar Patch is currently part of Klingon Territory. In Startrek: Insurrection, its part of Federation Territory (though the planets within the area are independent and their actual system is not owned by the federation.

Soong said that he called it the Briar Patch instead of it's real klingon name. We don't know if it's the 'official' Briar Patch used in the movie

CCamfield

First Post
I have mixed feelings about this one. Nod to the Botany Bay, excellent. Bioweapon threat and Malik's Magical Appearance and, to me, the cybernetics link... meh. I mean, I personally understood that Soong was an ancestor of the Soong in TNG, but Arik Soong didn't have to go into cybernetics for that to work. It felt overdone.

A2Z

Explorer
Okay, I only saw the last half hour of this episode and I missed the first two. (I hate the new time slot) I'm also not too knowledgeable about Trek history, so could someone fill me in?

What's the relationship between Arik Soong, (his son?) Noonien Soong, Khan Noonien Singh (and his augments) and Malik and his bunch?

mojo1701

First Post
A2Z said:
What's the relationship between Arik Soong, (his son?) Noonien Soong, Khan Noonien Singh (and his augments) and Malik and his bunch?

Khan Noonien Singh was the leader of the Eugenics Wars in the mid 1990's (this was the idea in the original Star Trek), being a genetically enhanced human, he wanted to rule the world in the 1990s. He failed, was frozen, sent into space along with all his minions (other gen-eng. humans), and later met up with Kirk in the 23rd century (TOS ep: Space Seed, and Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan).

Arik Soong is the grandfather of Noonien Soong (Data's creator). Arik created the "Augments," whose leader is Malik.

Khan and the Soongs aren't related (as far as we know).

Datt

First Post
Arik didn't create them, he just stole them and raised them as his kids. I remember Archer saying how one of the creators of the Augments was killed by an Augment.

A2Z

Explorer
mojo1701 said:
Khan Noonien Singh was the leader of the Eugenics Wars in the mid 1990's (this was the idea in the original Star Trek), being a genetically enhanced human, he wanted to rule the world in the 1990s. He failed, was frozen, sent into space along with all his minions (other gen-eng. humans), and later met up with Kirk in the 23rd century (TOS ep: Space Seed, and Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan).

Arik Soong is the grandfather of Noonien Soong (Data's creator). Arik created the "Augments," whose leader is Malik.

Khan and the Soongs aren't related (as far as we know).
Ah, well that's a bit disapointing. I was hoping for some labrynthine connection between these characters. Khan is our contemporary!? Man, I gotta start reading the paper;)

Still, they looked liked good episodes. It's too bad I missed 'em.

Remove ads