ENWorld Fantasy Basketball IS HERE!!! (league now filled)

Mistwell

Crusty Old Meatwad (he/him)
Black Omega said:
Or we can debate if Joe Johnson will ever play for Atlanta. That's such a mess.

In my opinion Belkin, the guy who is holding out on the deal for the Hawks, is doing the right thing for the wrong reasons.

He is just trying to mess with the team to force the other owners to buy him out, which is the wrong thing. If he wants out of the ownership, he should negotiate it like an adult rather than throwing a tantrum like a child.

However, saying no to that OUTRAGEOUS contract along with not one but two first round draft picks is the right move. If Hawks really want to pay that bloated contract for a guy who had had one good season, then they should just make him the offer and see if the Suns will fold (which I think they will). But those draft picks are their insurance policy for future years if JJ turns out to be less than they expect.

Black Omega

First Post
Hard to say if Joe Johnson is worth the price. He's a good player, but was going to be the 4th guy in Phoenix. Is the fourth best player on a top team worth two first round picks? I'm not so sure. At best in Atlanta he'll be the a great stats guy on a bad team. And probably an excellent choice for a fantasy league.

reapersaurus

First Post
What ever happened to last year's league?
The Yahoo group was private, and I was curious what happened.

Is there a thread on ENWorld that had a recap, or a summary of the surprises/events/results of the season?

Black Omega

First Post
reapersaurus said:
What ever happened to last year's league?
The Yahoo group was private, and I was curious what happened.

Is there a thread on ENWorld that had a recap, or a summary of the surprises/events/results of the season?
Skyhawks took first with a pretty impressive performance. I led much of the time but faded badly thanks to injuries. AK-47 was not my friend last year.;) I think Maulers were second and Dwarven Warhammers were third, but it could have been the reverse. Deeper league than the year before and much more competative.

Mistwell

Crusty Old Meatwad (he/him)
Black Omega said:
Skyhawks took first with a pretty impressive performance. I led much of the time but faded badly thanks to injuries. AK-47 was not my friend last year.;) I think Maulers were second and Dwarven Warhammers were third, but it could have been the reverse. Deeper league than the year before and much more competative.

Actually through an odd quirk in the way the software works, I believe Warhammers pulled out second by a little bit (as a result of him playing more games than we all thought was technically allowed).

Black Omega

First Post
Mistwell said:
Actually through an odd quirk in the way the software works, I believe Warhammers pulled out second by a little bit (as a result of him playing more games than we all thought was technically allowed).
I'd forgotten that quirk. Hopefully Yahoo fixes that this year. No matter what I'm still plotting my revenge against all three of you.:)

Remove ads