• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Enworld Subscription question

Theroc

First Post
So, I have a bit of money, and I wanted to support the site that has become roughly 95% of my entertainment source in the past several months. However, I do not have nor do I want a paypal account.

Is there any other way I can go about paying Morrus for a subscribers account?

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Well, nobody but me is qualified to reply. And I was none of the 35 views.

Now I am - at present, no there isn't. We don't have the resources to set up our own credit card processor, and I live on a different continent to most of you.

If you can write GBP cheques, I can process those (USD cheques are not much use to me, I'm afraid - I just get a funny look from the bank clerk; they do do it, but it takes a month and costs more than the cheque is usually worth!)

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Great Britain Pounds. As opposed to United States Dollars (USD), which I'm guesing is likely your currency.

Theroc

First Post
I imagine I cannot just write "X Pounds" on my check, crossing out all references to the dollar? :p

Would a paypal account cost me money if I did not ever sell over paypal? It looks as if they do not charge for purchasing, only selling/transferring money.

jaerdaph

#UkraineStrong
Another thing about PayPal some people don't realize - you don't have to associate your PayPal account with your bank account. You can just link it to a credit card. B-)

LightPhoenix

First Post
Yes, because someone who won't link it to a federally protected bank account will attach it to a credit card... :uhoh:

Another option that I've seen suggested, but never tried and never heard back about, was using one of those pre-paid credit cards. They're not tied to any personal stuff, so no worries about Paypal mucking up your credit or harassing your bank or closing your account for no reason. However I'm not certain that Paypal works with them (though I see no reason why not) and there is usually a small fee for activating one (~$5).

Remove ads