ENworlder created Jackie Chan Adventures! (was: Jonrog1's new TV series "Red Skies")

DanMcS

Explorer
I'm just watching my tape of the Red Skies pilot again. That episode is one of my favorite TV things, ever, right up there with some of the best Buffys, West Wings, and XFiles. So an honorary bump for the show, and is there any good word on the series from the dastardly suits? I emailed them singing its praises, really I did. :)

Jonrog, could you get me some of the episodes on DVD, please? I mean, I can wait a few . . . um, days or so, if you want to release them legally. But if the company ain't so hot on that, then, . . . y'know, feel free to just send me home-made copies, okay? :) Thanks.

Seriously, I've loved this show for the past two years, and ever since this thread cropped up, I managed to get my girlfriend Jessica to start watching it, and she loves it. :)

jonrog1

First Post
RangerWickett said:
Jonrog, could you get me some of the episodes on DVD, please? I mean, I can wait a few . . . um, days or so, if you want to release them legally. But if the company ain't so hot on that, then, . . . y'know, feel free to just send me home-made copies, okay? :) Thanks.

Actually, I believe the first two or three episodes are collected in a no-frills DVD. There's a bit of a hink in releasing the rest, since Sony essentially got out of the television business last year, as our storyboarding friend from above can attest.

I'll call the company this weekend, see what the release status is for the rest of the series.

And for all the fans of RED SKIES, I'm afraid I have bad news. Despite beating both UPN and WB in the ratings, with 3.6 million viewers that night, the fine folk at USA have decided we're not easily "brand-able." (No, I don't quite understand it either, and I've been in TV for six years) Instead, they will develop more "brand-name" driven shows like one based on the movie series TREMORS and THE BIONIC WOMAN.

Very cutting edge.

I know a lot of you wrote to the network and I assure you, they noticed. This sadly, is just the nature of TV. No one's more upset than I, but in Hollywood tradition, we bury our dead and move on.

Nicely, our lead actor Shawn Christian (who was the lead in TREMORS 3 ironically) will be guest-starring in HAUNTED, the show created by fellow ENBoarder and member of the DARK*MATTER d20 group, Andy. Keep an eye out for the show this fall. HAUNTED will kick @ss.

Again, thanks for all the support. Now, if any of you can sneak into the screening of THE CORE that Paramount is doing next week...

Planning to retire and write gaming supplements in three years,

John

Col_Pladoh

Gary Gygax
Airwolf said:

Those dog-gone screen writers, they get all the best chick-fu. ;)

But still I guess Contrats are in order, good job!

Well, as jonrog1 didn't tell you, I will.

The writer gets no respect, no chick-fu:( There's a joke about the blond starlet who layed the screenwriter, but I can't tell it here...

Gary

Frostmarrow

First Post
Col_Pladoh said:

Well, as jonrog1 didn't tell you, I will.

The writer gets no respect, no chick-fu:( There's a joke about the blond starlet who layed the screenwriter, but I can't tell it here...

Gary

Darn. This is going to keep me up all night.

Jonrog, if you do have some clout over the people who handle the DVD marketing, see if you can convince them to put more than 3 episodes on a $20 DVD. That's just one hour of footage. I mean, the average DVD for $20 contains at least 4 hours of material. I don't see why they aren't just . . . y'know, nice, and release the entire season on two DVDs.

Frankly, if it came down to choosing between paying $20 for 1 hour on a DVD, or buying someone's home-copied tapes and getting the whole season for the same price . . . well, duh, I'd take the tapes. But I prefer to help out companies, as long as they're reasonable about pricing.

Anyway, . . . um, is there any chance that Red Skies might be available for, like, download somewhere? I didn't see it.

Remove ads