Epic D&D 3.5: The Eye of Profane Truth [full]

Pyrex

First Post
That's largely my current issue as well. Lessa really has no interest in an auction; but Rkhet (who hasn't been online for about a week now) wants us to stay together.

Azaar

Explorer
*nods* That is probably part of why I wound up so lax about posting, myself. This is the second time I recall where nothing has been heard in a week, if not more. And it's been two weeks since I posted about still being willing to play, since from my last check, it had been four days since the last in-game post I'd made before I was apparently ejected from the game.

As it stood, there was nothing that was motivating Nethien to go one way or another, other than following the Perfect's wishes to bring balance back to the world through the removal of the Eye. Past that, Nethien's goals were pretty much the same as Wrahn's character -- gaining power is nice for survival purposes, but hed be far more interested in making certain the balance was maintained, and learning all the knowledge he could in the meantime.

Rkhet

First Post
yeah. next time, i think i'll run a solo game.

i apologize for my absence, but unfortunately, i will have to close the game for now. it is the end-of-term for me, and there are exams and assignments out the wazoo.

perhaps i will reboot the game in the december holidays, if there is still interest.

p.s. might as well reveal the upcoming plot for a bit, since it'll go unused.

the guy you were talking to is actually an Infernal in disguise. Half way through the auction a group of angels, lead by Aziel herself, shows up. It turns out that the Infernal is on the run from them.

They fight. You can either participate on either side, or stay out of the way.

Aziel will win unless you fight against her. Just when the dust settles, though, an assassin appears out of nowhere and backstabs her. Aziel kills the assassin, but it's a ghost, so it'll just reform later.

The blade that the assassin used carries an epic curse against angels, and is incurable by normal or magical means. you are given a quest to go into the forest, seek out the Triune, the god-kings of the elves that may know what to do.

In the elven city you find out that the 'harsh winds of the Outside' is encroaching from within the jungle. The 'uglies' are actually Outsiders/Abominations, but because of the Perfect's wards they lose most of their power and intelligence when they venture too far inside the world. The seals are failing, the elves are trying to mend them, but it is hopeless without a huge amount of souls (at least a hundred thousand) from sentient creatures. There is a faction of elves who are proposing to attack Vinecastle and use its inhabitants for it.

You do not find the Triune. You are told that they are dead. The current king of the elves is the healer guy you talked to at the very start. He tells the party that there is no cure, and even if there is he wouldn't give it because he doesn't want to interfere in this war.

On the way back the party encounters feyfolk. They play tricks on the party. They mean no ill, but you lose several days in their world of illusions (think alice in wonderland). Obviously teleportation/planar travel/true sight/disjunction will not provide a shortcut out of this.

By the time you get back to Vinecastle it is a necropolis. The Angels have retreated, and Naramyr is animating the inhabitants as zombies. The zombies are drawing a huge magical circle which, if you decipher it, is meant to do the same thing that the elves are trying to do.

If you talk to Naramyr, he tells you that the world is falling to pieces and he is only trying to save it. He also tells you that his ultimate goal is to slay the Perfect, who he says is the root cause of the world's current instability.

What happens after that will probably depend on player action. This is about as far as I've got storywise.

Last edited:

Remove ads