• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Epic D&D 3.5: The Eye of Profane Truth [full]

Rkhet

First Post
Cragtop Archer isn't from any of the books I listed.

Where is half-ogre from?

Alignment requirement for Kensai is 'Any Lawful'.

OoBI feat requirments are for 'longbow, shortbow, or composite versions of either'. Doesn't say anything about greatbows. The +1 damage of greatbows aren't worth a feat anyway.

Personally, I'd pick up Arcane Archer 2 and some caster levels.

Komodo

First Post
Sorry, my bad. It's from Races of Stone. Any chance you'll still allow that? I can't very well take Arcane Archer as it's only for elves and half-elves.

Half-ogre's one of the races at the very end of Savage Species.

Oops, durr, changed. A relic from previous edits of the character. Should be LE.

Crap, you're right. I completely neglected that. I was just looking through the PrC listing on Crystal Keep and it said "any straightbow." I figured greatbows were included. I really only took a greatbow because I liked the idea of this huge guy with a gigantic bow. Changin' that and picking up Weapon Specialization.

Wrahn

First Post
Voidrazor:

I think your wisdom should be 42

You need to move around a couple of your feats:
24 Cleric bonus feat Multispell
27 Improved Metamagic

Your HP should be 450 (you forgot the max at first level)
There is nothing wrong with your staff, it only is enchanted on one end
I haven't checked but I don't think you have access to all the spells you are making permanent on yourself. You will need to get those scrolls, also be aware that the caster level on those is relatively low.
Persistant Improved Blink makes you move at 3/4 speed (see pg 155 of CDiv)

Caster level is 31 (thanks to Ioun stone) duration of spells doesn't reflect that

5 +5 Inherent books, not 4 (I think you meant to make strength +4 Inherent bonus)
I am not sure where the +5 Enhancement bonus to AC is coming from
You paid for a +12 Enhancement to wisdom, only listed as +10
Is there something I am missing with the selection of Dire Charge as a feat.

Rkhet

First Post
Komodo said:
Sorry, my bad. It's from Races of Stone. Any chance you'll still allow that?

No.

Also a pre-emptive 'no' to the next person who ask for material other than those I listed.

While Bracers of Armor can probably be made out of adamantine, you won't get the normal adamantine armor benefit be cause it's a wondrous item, not actual armor.

You took Shot on the Run without prerequisites Dodge/Mobility.

Returning can only be put on thrown weapons.

Where is Mountain Warrior from?

On the twinking side of things, Kensai isn't that great a class here.

A +10 weapon is 200,000 gp. In nonepic games the benefit of being a Kensai is that you get a saving on your weapons cost, but here it's a very small portion of your budget.

Taking a second level of Ranger would get you an extra feat.

If you could find some way to make with a Persistent Arrow Mind (hard, but by no means impossible), it would be pretty sweet. All kinds of AoO cheese you could pull with that.

Check out p113 of BoVD for Spectral Arrow. Deals 2 negative levels instead of normal damage. 2,560 gp a pop, which isn't all that bad, considering.

Last edited:

Rkhet

First Post
Nerfin' time.

Spikes is now 1 round/level, as per Spell Compedium (which is, otherwise, still not an allowed source).

Holy Star cannot be Persisted, according to FAQ, because dischargeable spells cannot be Persisted.

On twinking, if you squeeze in three levels of Hierophant, you'd have one less Epic feat, but three more feats to spend. It's a good deal.

39 scrolls of Shapechange is a bit overkill.

Buy a Nightstick. It gives you four more turning attempts to play with.

You should Divine-Persistant more spells. Especially Greater Visage of the Deity. Having it on 24 hours per day will grant you extra spells, unlike the quickened version.

Other than that, yeah, what Wrahn said.

Last edited:

Komodo

First Post
Rkhet said:

As I expected. Is Deepwoods Sniper from Master of the Wild acceptable?

While Bracers of Armor can probably be made out of adamantine, you won't get the normal adamantine armor benefit be cause it's a wondrous item, not actual armor.
Yep, I know. Just adamantine to be extra safe.

You took Shot on the Run without prerequisites Dodge/Mobility.
Oops. Switchin' that out.

Returning can only be put on thrown weapons.
Any chance I can apply it to my arrows? That's similar to throwing.

Where is Mountain Warrior from?
Races of Stone again. Swaperoo.

On the twinking side of things, Kensai isn't that great a class here.

A +10 weapon is 200,000 gp. In nonepic games the benefit of being a Kensai is that you get a saving on your weapons cost, but here it's a very small portion of your budget.
Yeah, I know, but I can't really think of too much else to take, except maybe Deepwoods Sniper, which I'm not too fond of. I'll throw that into a crunch and see how it works out. There are only about four different bow-using PrCs, and one's from a Dragon Magazine that I don't even own, and the other's only for those damned elves.

If you could find some way to make with a Persistent Arrow Mind (hard, but by no means impossible), it would be pretty sweet. All kinds of AoO cheese you could pull with that.

Do custom scrolls fall under custom items? Because that's about the only way that I can figure out how to get it.

Last edited:

Rkhet

First Post
Deepwood Sniper is fine.

No metamagic on your scrolls. Those count as custom items.

For Arrow Mind, my idea is Divine Metamagic. Ranger spells are technically Divine spells.

Don't be too hung-up about bow-related PrCs. The idea is to make an efficient archer, not a thematically correct one.

Pyrex

First Post
Komodo said:
Any chance I can apply it to my arrows? That's similar to throwing.

That really doesn't help much as any arrow that hits is destroyed and any arrow that misses has a 50/50 chance of being destroyed.

The only way it makes sense is if you were to enchant each arrow as a Weapon instead of as a piece of Ammunition. (i.e. Bonus^2 * 2000 instead of Bonus^2 * 2000 / 50).

Even then (assuming Rkhet allowed it) it's only helpful if you stand still; the weapon returns to where it was fired from, not to where you may have moved to.

What you really need is for Rkhet to allow the (overpriced and currently disallowed) Quiver of Anariel.

Komodo

First Post
Pyrex said:
That really doesn't help much as any arrow that hits is destroyed and any arrow that misses has a 50/50 chance of being destroyed.

Even if it's made from adamantium? That just seems silly.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads