• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Epic Destiny Suggestions for a Pixie Vampire

the Jester

Legend
Okay, so one of my players is an almost-brand-newbie (she's played 4e with us for about four to six months now, and some 5e playtesting as well- and she's played a couple sessions in a Mage game). Her pc is a pixie (race) vampire (class) (Heroes of the Feywild and Heroes of Shadow, respectively).

The party is 20th level, so epic destiny time is coming up right quick- and she hasn't looked them over very much yet and is still a little intimidated by the books (I think). I have a number of homebrewed EDs, but none are a great fit for her.

So- does anyone have any suggestions for her? Any EDs in particular that seems to fit? I can't think of any, but as I dm and don't play a pc, I'm not super familiar with all the options.

I'm also totally down with custom crafting an ED (I've already done one for one of the pcs and another pc is taking one that I designed with him in mind, although not necessarily "for" him), if anyone has any good ideas.

The pc (Dianthus, aka Mosquito) is a good-natured, flighty type who fights like a lurker (she often spends a couple of rounds lurking around before she attacks- probably not optimal tactically, but the sudden appearance of another pc has proven useful once or twice), so something sneaky might be appropriate.

I don't know- I'm going to try to find some time to sit down with her and talk epic destiny stuff, see where's she at and if anything appeals to her... but yeah, any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks!

Ferghis

First Post
I have only a superficial familiarity with the assassin class, but Deadly Trickster, Demigod, and Eternal Seeker should all work. Destined Scion is probably the simplest one, and the one I'd recommend to someone who is best suited for a more straightforward ED. Same with Indomitable Champion.

I've always loved the Planeshaper ED, but always felt that it required a certain storyline for the character to be able to take it.

Last edited:

Raak

First Post
It's hard to go wrong with Demigod, Destined Scion, or Indomitable Champion. If she plays into a thief archetype at all, Thief of Legend could be interesting too. There is also Darklord, Deadly Trickster, Guardian of the Void, or Shiradi Champion that might fit her depending on a few factors.

Does she have a multiclass? That might make a few more EDs available to her.

the Jester

Legend
If she plays into a thief archetype at all, Thief of Legend could be interesting too.

Sneaky, but not thiefy. She likes to dart into other pcs' pockets and things like that; to hand back a round or two and hide and watch; that sort of thing. Not an actual stealer type of thief at all.

Does she have a multiclass? That might make a few more EDs available to her.

Nope. :(

I'll have to sit down with her and see where she's at- I am really thinking that I may end up having to custom-build her something. Which is fine- but I need to have an idea of what she's after.

Thanks for the suggestions, folk!

sabrinathecat

Explorer
Sneaky, but not thiefy. She likes to dart into other pcs' pockets and things like that; to hand back a round or two and hide and watch; that sort of thing. Not an actual stealer type of thief at all.

Nope. :(

I'll have to sit down with her and see where she's at- I am really thinking that I may end up having to custom-build her something. Which is fine- but I need to have an idea of what she's after.

Thanks for the suggestions, folk!

Maybe she could multi-class as assassin (from dragon mag, not from HoS), so she can spend those first couple rounds dropping shrouds on her target. What did she do for paragon path? standard Paragon Vampire?
Maybe she's planning on the standard Epic Vampire Noble built into HoS.

the Jester

Legend
Maybe she could multi-class as assassin (from dragon mag, not from HoS), so she can spend those first couple rounds dropping shrouds on her target. What did she do for paragon path? standard Paragon Vampire?
Maybe she's planning on the standard Epic Vampire Noble built into HoS.

Paragon Path: Soaring Rake.

She ended up picking Lord of Hell as her epic destiny. So a pixie vampire devil.

The party is currently holding Dispater's throne room against wave after wave of devils, hoping to lure the big D himself out.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads