Epic Dragons in the New Immortal's Handbook

Hello! I'm working on a new campaign that will hopefully use the 5e Immortal's Handbook when it's finished, and I was just wondering how the Epic Dragons and other Draconic creatures will work in the new ruleset. Of course, if that's not finished yet, no worries.

Some specific questions that I have include:
Are the IH Dragons still split into Epic, Adamic, Cosmic, etc, or are they categorized entirely differently?
Do the Epic Dragons have spellcasting, like in 3.5?
Will there be options, mechanics and new content for Dragonborn in the 5e Immortal's Handbook?

Hey there ArcanistDragonborn!

I'm working on a new campaign that will hopefully use the 5e Immortal's Handbook when it's finished,

Cool! I appreciate the interest.

and I was just wondering how the Epic Dragons and other Draconic creatures will work in the new ruleset. Of course, if that's not finished yet, no worries.

Well the books themselves are not finished. So there are still a few fluid elements. Though I basically have about 90% set in stone (if not fully written) at this juncture.

Some specific questions that I have include:
Are the IH Dragons still split into Epic, Adamic, Cosmic, etc, or are they categorized entirely differently?

They are categorized 'numerically ' by dimension. So it's not exactly the same terminology. For instance a Dragon from the Far Realm (Abyss) would be a 5 dimensional dragon.

Do the Epic Dragons have spellcasting, like in 3.5?

They'll have spell casting on par with IMMORTALS of a similar rank.

Will there be options, mechanics and new content for Dragonborn in the 5e Immortal's Handbook?

Not sure I would necessarily have specific Dragonborn mechanics. I don't think Dragonborn deities would get anything other deities could not get.

Currently there is no Dragon portfolio in the book. Though that might be interesting to add if I think it's a good fit...I'll think about it.

Hey there ArcanistDragonborn!

Cool! I appreciate the interest.

Well the books themselves are not finished. So there are still a few fluid elements. Though I basically have about 90% set in stone (if not fully written) at this juncture.

They are categorized 'numerically ' by dimension. So it's not exactly the same terminology. For instance a Dragon from the Far Realm (Abyss) would be a 5 dimensional dragon.

They'll have spell casting on par with IMMORTALS of a similar rank.

Not sure I would necessarily have specific Dragonborn mechanics. I don't think Dragonborn deities would get anything other deities could not get.

Currently there is no Dragon portfolio in the book. Though that might be interesting to add if I think it's a good fit...I'll think about it.
Thank you for the response! This will seriously help out the lore work for my campaign, and I really like the Multi-Dimensional Dragon mechanics! If I might ask one more thing, what would the Nehaschimic dragons be classified as according to the new mechanics?

Thank you for the response!

happy to help buddy!

This will seriously help out the lore work for my campaign, and I really like the Multi-Dimensional Dragon mechanics! If I might ask one more thing, what would the Nehaschimic dragons be classified as according to the new mechanics?

Well I don't necessarily use the same terminology, but the Nexus Dragon (for example) would be a 6-dimensional being.

I was planning 6 dragons in the new book but my (copyright laywer) friend S'mon has informed me one of the ideas is too close to its original inspiration. I may still eventually release that particular monster on the new website (when that is sorted) as the idea was very cool (IMO).

Bootlebat

Explorer
I was planning 6 dragons in the new book but my (copyright laywer) friend S'mon has informed me one of the ideas is too close to its original inspiration. I may still eventually release that particular monster on the new website (when that is sorted) as the idea was very cool (IMO).
Which dragon was "too similar" to a copyrighted one?

Remove ads