Epic level creatures

BOZ

Creature Cataloguer
Hola! :)

Over in this thread we are figuring out how best to convert the various fiend lords and other high level beings to 3.5. We won’t be bothering with anything in an official WotC book such as BoVD or D&DG, or the Tome of Horrors. This includes only “monstrous” sort of beings, not just humans with a whole lot of character levels, special feats, and templates and such. Elminster, therefore, is not a concern, but a unique dragon, or a magical beast as powerful as the Tarrasque would be acceptable. Liches and lycanthropes are not a concern either, as these are really just NPCs with templates. See if you can add anything to the list (I know you can!).

Already in the Creature Catalog, we have:
Demon (Miska the Wolf-Spider)
Demon (Queen of Chaos)
Demon Lord (Zuggtmoy)
Devil (Duke Alastor)
Devil (Duke Baalberith)
Devil (Duke Baalzephon)
Devil (Duke Caarcrinolaas)
Devil (Duke Focalor)
Devil (Duke Melchon)
Devil (Duke Zimmimar)
Devil (Princess of Hell- Baalphegor)
Devil (Princess of Hell- Glasya)
Devil: Selm (Prince of the Possessors)
Elemental (Quasi-Mineral- Crystalle)
Elemental Lord (Cryonax)
Elemental Lord (Ogremoch)
Elemental Lord (Olhydra)
Elemental Lord (Yan-C-Bin)
Modron (Primus)
Slaad Lord (Chourst)
Slaad Lord (Rennbuu)

Besides that there are, for starters:
Bitru (a Gygax devil lord from Dragon 75 that never made it into the MM2)
Amduscias, Malphas, Nergal, Bist, Caim, Lilis, Arioch, Biffant, Merodach, Alocer, Naome, Chamo, Balan, Bathym, Gaziel, Cozbi, Gorson, Herodias, Agares, Machalas, (from Dragon 75, by Ed Greenwood)
Lilith, Tartach, Bileth, Baftis, Neabaz, Barbatos, Abigor, Zepar, Bele, Adonides, Barbas, Bifrons, Bensozia, Adramalech, Phongor, Buer, Bune, Morax, Rimmon, Zagum (from Dragon 76, by Ed Greenwood)
Armaros, Azazel, Cahor, Dagon, Duskur, Kochibel, Malarea, Nisroch, Rumjal, Gargoth (From Dragon 91, by Ed Greenwood – although Gargoth appeared in the 2nd edition as Gargauth, a demigod)

Archomentals (Good) (Ben-Hadar, Chan, Sunnis, Zaaman Rul)
Eltab (Spellbound boxed set)
Kerzit (Mordenkainen’s Fantastic Adventure)

And besides demon lords, there are all sorts of other unique things out there
Various beings from old D&DG/Legends and Lore (not merely just the NPCs)
Various other Forgotten Realms beings

I’m sure there are many more to list. :)

Carnifex

First Post
There are the paraelemental lords as well - can't remember their names very well. I think Cyronax was the ice paraelement one.

Carnifex

First Post
BOZ said:
i remember them. did they ever have stats?

I honestly don't know... Planescape wasn't too big on statting such beings (IMO, rightly so), and I don't know whether they appear in supplements for other games at all.

BOZ

Creature Cataloguer
maybe? did she have stats before?

and the para-elemental lords first appeared (IIRC) in the 1E MotP.

Voadam

Legend
BOZ said:
maybe? did she have stats before?

Multiple :)

There is a dragon article with a module for her and her hut.

She is an NPC in Giant of the Earth in one from around issue 76 or so.

There is the dancing hut of Baba Yaga module for 2e where she was 27th level mage, 12(?) level thief, some level of nature cleric, had a ton of psionics, special abilities, and immunities. No race was given.

Last edited:

William Ronald

Explorer
Boz,

Cryonax and the other Elemental Princes of Evil, along with such notables as Duke Alastor the Grim, Glasya, and Primus were detailed in Monster Manual II. This is a 1st Edition product, but maybe someone who has it can contact you.

Also, I would like to see something done ala Giants in the Earth. The details on characters of literature, legend, history, and myth were one of my favorite features in the Dragon. It also lead me to a few good books. (Perhaps there are some copyright issues, but this could be worked out. Such characters could be used as is, or adapted to different worlds.)

BOZ

Creature Cataloguer
William Ronald said:
Cryonax and the other Elemental Princes of Evil, along with such notables as Duke Alastor the Grim, Glasya, and Primus were detailed in Monster Manual II. This is a 1st Edition product, but maybe someone who has it can contact you.

actually, i've had the book for years. :) i can tell you though, that the elemental princes were actually in the original fiend folio, and alastor the grim - though he may have been mentioned, memory fails me - did not make a full appearance with stats in the book.

Also, I would like to see something done ala Giants in the Earth. The details on characters of literature, legend, history, and myth were one of my favorite features in the Dragon. It also lead me to a few good books. (Perhaps there are some copyright issues, but this could be worked out. Such characters could be used as is, or adapted to different worlds.)

it is neither impossible nor unlikely that we may do something with that. :) depends on copywright issues for one thing (don't want to post something from modern literature, but stuff that's a few centuries old is public domain).

Remove ads