• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

EPIC M&M: Issue 2 (IC)

Calinon

First Post
Foyer
"Let's get up to the penthouse. Sounds like people are in bad shape," Mendez says, dragging you towards the elevators before they close as emergency teams handle the guards. The M-tac commander follows you.

Mordane76

First Post
"So... how long have you been with M-Tac, commander?" X12 asks as the elevator starts. "And what exactly is M-Tac's jurisdiction?"

Calinon

First Post
Mordane76 said:
"So... how long have you been with M-Tac, commander?" X12 asks as the elevator starts. "And what exactly is M-Tac's jurisdiction?"
"Captain," she replies, turning her head slightly to look at you with her cybornetic eye. It glows slightly as it looks you up and down. "M-Tac New York serves as the New York Police Department tactical unit. In addition, M-Tac serves nationwide, offering containment of mutants who break the law. We keep them under control by any means necessary," she adds, her cybernetic eye never moving from you. She speaks with nearly no emotion whatsoever.

"Healing, Majors. His power is healing," Mendez says.

"Ah," she replies, looking back to the front.

The elevator comes to a halt and the doors slide open to reveal the penthouse and the carnage within. The med-techs lead the way swiftly into the apartment to tend the wounded.

"Raynes first," Mendez says as he follows along.

Last edited:

Mordane76

First Post
"Since we have the med-techs here, let's see if we can move the injured fairly close together -- I might be able to service more than one at a time then."

Calinon

First Post
Mordane76 said:
"Since we have the med-techs here, let's see if we can move the injured fairly close together -- I might be able to service more than one at a time then."
The carnage within the penthouse quickly dashes that hope. Michelle lies in a pool of her own blood. Tara lies in a corner, blood oozing out of her chest. Mrs. Raynes lies unmoving on the floor, glass sticking out of her in various places. In a room to the left, a body is lying in a spreading pool of blood that forms a stream to the door. Sanjay is in that room.

Med-techs quickly move to the victims. Michelle is conscious, answering questions weakly, as is Tara. In the side room, Kevin is unmoving, but you hear one of the techs say, "At least he's alive." The remaining two med-techs move Anna from Mrs. Raynes and get to work removing the glass. One takes over CPR on the woman.

None look to be in any condition to be moved yet.

Mordane76

First Post
"Alright -- in the event I pass out after this, have the med-techs move me to the next most injured person and touch my hand to them," X12 says to Detective Mendez. "Please have them wear gloves when handling me in the event that this is necessary."

He proceeds over to Mrs. Raynes, kneels down next to her, and touches her.

Calinon

First Post
"Alright -- in the event I pass out after this, have the med-techs move me to the next most injured person and touch my hand to them,"

BAM!

You have a pretty good idea suddenly what happened to Mrs. Raynes. The hit by the exploding glass came dangerously close to her heart. Your breath comes in short and ragged gasps as you absorb her wounds into you. Surprisingly, despite the severity of her wounds, she slowly comes to, her wounds healed. Meanwhile, you fight to retain consciousness.

You hear the med-techs talking with Detective Mendez.

"That's amazing."

"Never thought we'd get to see him in action."

"Let's give him a few minutes to recover."

An emotionless voice enters the conversation.

"Lets not. He seemed confident enough he could handle the wounds."

"Hey, what do you think you're doing, Majors!?"

You feel a metal shod hand grab you by the upper arm and drag you across the floor. You are just coming to, realizing you aren't fully or even close to recovered yet, when you feel your skin come in contact with someone else. This time it's Michelle. You feel the sword wound open in you as you absorb the damage done her. She begins to breath easier, losing consciousness as her body heals. You begin to wonder if your body can handle this much healing in such a short time.

Another touch, and Tara cries out as her wounds suddenly close. Soon she is silent, and you feel another deep wound open in your chest. Your regeneration is not having a good time with this. You feel yourself picked up, skin resting on metal, and realize the Captain has put you over her shoulder. You are unceremoniously set on the ground. You get a brief sight of Kevin and you feel a twinge of panic. You are pretty sure he should be dead.

"Put him down! What the hell are you doing?" It's Mendez. "Don't kill the boy!"

"From everything I've read," Captain Major responds emotionlessly, "he could do this all day."

"He's not a sponge for injuries!"

"That's exactly what he is."

Anna and Rebound stand slack-jawed at the cold act of the Captain of M-Tac. Mendez actually has his gun out, pointing at Majors.

"Back. Away." click

"You can't shoot me. You could miss," Majors says emotionlessly. "He'll be fine," she says quietly. You see her face over yours for a moment as she grabs your hand again. The last thing you see as she pulls your hand towards Kevin is the edge of a familiar tatoo on the back of her neck, but you can't quite put where you've seen it.

Pain erupts in your head as Kevin's wounds start to transfer to you. It takes nearly twenty seconds before all of them close, though he doesn't regain consciousness. You feel your body start to shut down from the massive wounds you have taken upon yourself. You only hope your regeneration can cope.

Mordane76

First Post
"Want me to fix that eye, too, Commander," X12 says, spitting up blood. "Or... maybe... might... wanna grow... heart back..." X12 manages before he passes out.

Last edited:

Agamon

Adventurer
Sanjay watches as Majors uses X12 to heal Kevin. "Hey, how do you know he can handle it? Geez, we don't need to trade one life for the other. We're not here to be used like a bunch of tools," he says as X12 falls unconscious, adding in thought, "There's only one tool around here."

buzzard

First Post
"You know lady, it looks like you had a lot too much removed at one point or another. If he doesn't come out of this OK, I guarantee you won't get away with it" Adds John agrily as he sees the cyborg abuse X12.

buzzard

Remove ads