• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

EPIC M&M: Issue 2 (IC)

Calinon

First Post
Agamon said:
"Hey, how do you know he can handle it? Geez, we don't need to trade one life for the other. We're not here to be used like a bunch of tools," he says as X12 falls unconscious,
Buzzard said:
"You know lady, it looks like you had a lot too much removed at one point or another. If he doesn't come out of this OK, I guarantee you won't get away with it" Adds John agrily as he sees the cyborg abuse X12.
"He's come back from far worse," Majors says flatly, leaving the med-techs to tend to the two on the ground. She ignores Mendez and all of you and heads for the door. Her eye glows as she passes Sanjay.

"Since M-Tac is no longer required, we'll be returning to base," she says, putting on her helmet and heading for the elevators.

Last edited:

Mule

First Post
Calinon said:
"He's come back from far worse,"
Disgusted at X12's treatment by the M-Tac captain, Randall's ears perk up at the hint that she has met X12 before.

"How much do you know about X12? He can't seem to remember much of anything about himself, or how he received his healing powers. Have you two met before?"

Calinon

First Post
Mule said:
"How much do you know about X12? He can't seem to remember much of anything about himself, or how he received his healing powers. Have you two met before?"
The Captain of M-Tac brushes past Loki, knocking him aside slightly, and strides to the elevator, pushing the button. "No. Whatever gave you that idea." She turns slightly and you see her cybernetic eye glowing from inside her helmet, examining you. "Illusion. Light control. Adaptive skin camoflauge. Interesting." The stare and comments leave you feeling rather chilled.

The elevator dings and the doors slide open. She turns from you dismissively and steps inside.

buzzard

First Post
Calinon said:
"He's come back from far worse," Majors says flatly, leaving the med-techs to tend to the two on the ground. She ignores Mendez and all of you and heads for the door. Her eye glows as she passes Sanjay.

"Since M-Tac is no longer required, we'll be returning to base," she says, putting on her helmet and heading for the elevators.

"Oh yeah, I'm gonna miss her. Shame we didn't have a chance to hang out -NOT!"

buzzard

Dalamar

Adventurer
"Obviously she was acting with more knowledge of X12 than any of us have combined. I still do not accept her methods, but I trust in her judgement."

Mule

First Post
Calinon said:
The stare and comments leave you feeling rather chilled.
Randall is rendered momentarily speechless by the callous actions of the Captain. But he quickly recovers, and finds himself quite angry.

"Well you do seem to know more about X12 than any of us! If the way you're treating him now is any indication, maybe you had something to do with the reason why X can't sleep many nights, and why he sometimes wakes up screaming when he does!" Randall shouts at the back of Captain Majors as she enters the elevator.
EPIC Website said:
It’s commonly known that X12 suffers from severe nightmares, and often looks haggard from spending many nights lying awake or waking in fits of screams.
Link

Calinon

First Post
buzzard said:
"Oh yeah, I'm gonna miss her. Shame we didn't have a chance to hang out -NOT!"
"Growth. Elongation," she says, shifting her gaze to you over her shoulder. "Something else," she says in her flat voice. "Curious."

Dalamar said:
"Obviously she was acting with more knowledge of X12 than any of us have combined. I still do not accept her methods, but I trust in her judgement."
"The joy of earning your trust fills me," she says without emotion. Her eye focuses on you as she speaks. "Duplication. Some degree of mental abilities." She continues to stare at you until you look away.

Mule said:
"Well you do seem to know more about X12 than any of us! If the way you're treating him now is any indication, maybe you had something to do with the reason why X can't sleep many nights, and why he sometimes wakes up screaming when he does!" Randall shouts at the back of Captain Majors as she enters the elevator.
Captain Majors calmly hits a button in the elevator.

"He'll get over his nightmares too," she says as the elevator doors slide shut silently, the elevator beginning its rapid decent to the main floor.

Elementor

First Post
Vince has been running up and down stair cases and around the building looking for any other possible avenues of escape by any of the Red Rose clan. If he comes across nothing suspicious he will finally make his way to the penthouse.

"HOLY CRAP!! What happened to X!!??"

Calinon

First Post
The med-techs wheel the wounded out on stretchers, taking them down in the elevator. Mrs. Raynes, unhurt now, goes under her own power. As the police gather evidence, Mendez is watching something on his data pad. He turns it off shortly after starting it, pulling Sanjay into the torture room and shutting the rest of you out.

"You saw what's on here I'm gathering," Mendez says to Sanjay, looking at the shattered television. In his hand is a flash hard drive. It doesn't take much to realize what he's getting at. He reads your face and simply hands you the card.

"Toast it. Turn it to air. You never saw it." He grabs your wrist as you take the card. "You understand me? You never saw it. And for gods sake, don't mention this around Empath." He lets you go and heads for the door.

Sanjay and Mendez exit the room shortly after they entered.

"Alright. Your teammates are headed to hospital and we're headed back to base. Gather everyone downstairs in fifteen minutes," he says gruffly to nobody in particular. "Now get out and let the detectives do their work," he says, shooing you out the door and into the penthouse foyer. "Avoid the press!"

"Not you," he says, grabbing Raisa by the arm. "You either," he says loudly at Carl. "You, sit," he says to Raisa, pointing to a bench on the wall. "You, come with me."

He leads Carl inside the other half of the penthouse. About five minutes later, Carl emerges and he gestures for Raisa to come inside. Carl is about to say something as he passes Raisa and Mendez stops him. "Not a word!" He slams the door shut behind you.

"Start talkin'. What the hell were you doing at the G-Spot?" He does not look amused.

Deva

First Post
With a faint groan, Raisa rolls her eyes. "I've got a killer headache here, can't this wait until mor-" She catches the look on Mendez's face and purses her lips. "Right..."

She meets the detective's eyes dead on and doesn't miss a beat as she speaks.(Bluff 3) "I was a little upset after the mall thing, Carl wanted to cheer me up so he bought me some clothes since he knew I couldn't afford them. I was so exciting I wanted to go out somewhere. I wasn't thinking and I didn't think we'd be missed. I heard some guys in the mall mention this place, so I insisted Carl bring me here. I've never been to a North American Club before, thought what harm could it be if we ditched the rest of the class. People got hurt, I almost got mush for brains, so yea... I'm thinking Big Mistake."

She sighs, rubbing the bridge of her nose in an attempt to relieve some of the pain still lingering. "Anything else, Detective, or can I go now?"

Remove ads