• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Epic M&M: Issue 3 (IC)

Mordane76

First Post
Elementor said:
"Well....that was odd to say the least. I am definately starting to lock that door. C'mon X, your girlfriend is gone now. We have to hurry." Vince quickly finishes getting dressed and waits for X12 to be ready so they can get to the bus. "Dude. Sanjay got some homemade cookies in the mail today. I hope he brings them to the BBQ. That was a pretty big box he got so there must have been a ton of cookies in there!"

"She's not my girlfriend... she's very pretty, but... Can I tell you something -- and you keep it quiet," X12 ask, pulling a shirt over his head and closing to Vince. "I'd be a lot more open to some of these situations if it wasn't for two things -- the possibility that my healing powers will encounter something dangerous... and since I don't remember anything about me... I don't know how to relate to the girls in that way," X12 says, blushing a little.

"As to the cookies... I'll pass. In case you didn't know, I only eat and drink to keep up appearances -- I don't actually require food or drink. As of late, though, I keep smelling things that spark memories... It's kinda funny, really, since I don't remember ever really enjoying food."

Agamon

Adventurer
Sanjay looks like the weight of the world has been taken from his shoulders. "Wow, really? That's great. Looking forward to it," he says with a genuine smile. "Thanks. Both of you. This means a lot."

Elementor

First Post
Mordane76 said:
"As to the cookies... I'll pass. In case you didn't know, I only eat and drink to keep up appearances -- I don't actually require food or drink. As of late, though, I keep smelling things that spark memories... It's kinda funny, really, since I don't remember ever really enjoying food."

"Yeah, I'll keep it quiet but I cant believe you dont enjoy food!! Taste is one of our most important senses, easily in the top five," Vince quips with a smirk. "You know eating different foods might trigger some memories too you know. Maybe some less violent ones too."

Last edited:

Calinon

First Post
Sanjay
"Help is always available, Sanjay," Sandstorm says. "What on earth made you think you could handle the situation on your own is beyond me. Don't you realize you need to be in your mid-twenties before you can save the world by yourself," he says with a smile.

Empath returns shortly. "ARIS has found us matches of blood types for most of the team. We'll have to use an actual sample from Cosmo and Jackal though; a family marker plus Jackal's canine markers will be evident. And we may as well use actual samples from Tara and Sanjay as well, since the ALF will have a record of their DNA anyway. We gather them all from the infirmary in the morning."

"See, simply handled," Sandstone says.

"Sandstorm, Sanjay, a reply to your recently sent e-mail has been received. Would you like me to display it now?" ARIS asks.

"Yes, please," Sandstone says. The message flashes up on the screen.
It is wise of you to comply. Speed is essential. After the recent attacks, Anarchy cannot be permitted the upper hand. I expect the samples within a week, two at the most.

AA
"That should provide me enough time to do some investigation into this," Sandstone says. "Now lets get to the barbeque."

The Barbeque
As you board the bus, Thunder stops Monica as she's boarding.

"And where do you think you're going?"

"To the barbeque!" she declares with a grin.

"I don't recall inviting you," he says flatly.

"And I was real hurt. I mean, how can you have a party without me?" she says, batting her eyes at him.

Thunder scowls, but Dara speaks up. "Hurry up, Monica, I saved you a seat," and Monica just hops up the stairs of the bus, ignoring Thunder's scowl completely.

After a brief stop to pick up the flying trio of Neutron, Empath and Sandstorm, you arrive at Doctor Johnson's estate at about 4PM and are treated to an enjoyable evening. Between Romario Sanchez good and proper schooling the lot of you at football, the American Football game on, the food and pool, you are able to temporarily put behind you all of the bad things that have happened in the past few days. Nobody's power but Dara's goes wonky, Monica almost behaves other than a few quick turns in her sundress when the boys are looking and everyone has a great and relaxing time. Oh, and everyone pretty much finds out about Sanjay's dilemma. About 10PM you are packed up and hauled back to the school, well aware that training starts tomorrow.

And nothing bad happens! Wow!

Randall
You make it back to the institute and your room at about 11PM and crawl into bed.

Raisa
You get to experience what probably would have been your best night of fun and partying since you got here... second hand through Dara. It kind of takes the fun out of dancing and makes you wish you went.

Kevin
Boy, those movies sure managed to keep you in a sulky mood. Good stuff!

Epilogue to come... because there's always a teaser to the next issue :)

Calinon

First Post
Epilogue
The face on the monitor was hideous, but he hid his disgust at it.

"You have the trucks, I see," General Affifi said, a wide grin on his face.

"A simple task. It hardly seemed worth the effort," The Mole answered, his nose twitching.

"How soon until you are ready to proceed?"

"We'll get the cryogenic storage containers soon. Maybe three weeks before we can move on those."

"Excellent. I should have everything I need by then. Things are right on schedule."

"Breaking into SAP Labs is risky. My price is going to be high for this, General," The Mole grumbles, his greed creeping into his voice.

"Your price shall be paid, mutant," he says, his smile fading. "Just make sure the completed Anaconda Virus is delivered as we planned and all research data is destroyed at the facility." With the push of a button, Affifi shut off the link.

"And my doctors will tailor the virus to be more selective. Then Anaconda will spread across the world, infecting every mutant. Any who wish to live will learn to serve me, and the African Liberation Federation shall take its proper place as the leader of the world. No," he said coldly, running his plan through his mind. His smile returned. "It shall become the World Government. And I shall rule."

End of Issue 3
Link to Issue 4

Last edited:

Remove ads