• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Epic M&M: Issue 3 (IC)

Agamon

Adventurer
Once everything sinks in, Sanjay's mind begins to race. "Sandstone...Sandstone...she said get ahold of Sandstone..." he thinks, panicked. "Uh, ARIS? Where is Sandstone?"

Calinon

First Post
Sanjay
"Sandstone and Empath arrived ten minutes and thirteen seconds ago from their overseas flight. They are currently located outside the front of the school complex with the rest of the present EPIC members and prospective members, Sanjay," ARIS replies.

Agamon

Adventurer
Calinon said:
Sanjay
"Sandstone and Empath arrived ten minutes and thirteen seconds ago from their overseas flight. They are currently located outside the front of the school complex..."

Sanjay doesn't wait for the rest of the message, flying out the door and outside. Seeing Sandstone standing outside the bus, he flies right up to him and lands. "Sandstone! Affifi's gone crazy! He's going to assassinate General Melamu! And kill my family! He's got some kinda virus, Anaconda or something, it turns blood to black goo! We only have 48 hours to save my family, I dunno when he's going to assassinate the general!" Sanjay exclaims frantically, waving his arms for emphasis.

Mule

First Post
Calinon said:
"Thanks for walking me home, she says," looking at you with some uncertainty. "Um... I better... go in..."
"Yeah, I had a great time, we kicked some butt. Thank you for inviting me. Say, I'd like to give you something, a thank you gift." Randall will concentrate hard, creating an egg shaped ball of light in his outstretched palm. He will attempt to carve it into a semblance of the dragon from the Dragon Flight game they were playing together earlier. He gives the finished product to Monica. "It's something I've been working on, back at the institute. I'm not very good at it though, and I'm not sure how long it will last."

"I'll make my own way home from here. We'll have to do this again sometime. Um, I guess this is good night." Feeling awkward, and not quite sure what to do, Randall will offer his hand for a handshake.

OOC: How detailed can Randall create an object, if he takes his time? And how long would it last? I realize that he probably didn't do a very good likeness of a dragon.

Calinon

First Post
Sanjay doesn't wait for the rest of the message, flying out the door and outside. Seeing Sandstone standing outside the bus, he flies right up to him and lands. "Sandstone! Affifi's gone crazy! He's going to assassinate General Melamu! And kill my family! He's got some kinda virus, Anaconda or something, it turns blood to black goo! We only have 48 hours to save my family, I dunno when he's going to assassinate the general!" Sanjay exclaims frantically, waving his arms for emphasis.
All conversations stop. Everyone looks at you with mouths agape. Even Thunder looks at a loss for words.

"Calm yourself, my friend," the Kenyan Sandstorm says in a deep tenor voice. You feel a hand on your shoulder and jump a bit, but turn to see it's Empath, and suddenly feel extremely calm and carefree.

"I shall find out what is troubling young Sanjay, Kyle. Please, attend to your brother and his family. We shall join you if this turns out to be nothing, or contact you if we need your aid."

"Come with me, Sanjay," Empath says cheerfully, leading you back into the dorm areas. She and Sandstorm lead you to his room, where he makes some strong herbal tea. Setting a cup in front of you, he nods to Empath, though they do not speak. Your panic begins to set in again, very slightly toned down.

"Drink. Breathe. And tell me exactly what has happened," Sandstone says calmly.

Calinon

First Post
Mule said:
"Yeah, I had a great time, we kicked some butt. Thank you for inviting me. Say, I'd like to give you something, a thank you gift." Randall will concentrate hard, creating an egg shaped ball of light in his outstretched palm. He will attempt to carve it into a semblance of the dragon from the Dragon Flight game they were playing together earlier. He gives the finished product to Monica. "It's something I've been working on, back at the institute. I'm not very good at it though, and I'm not sure how long it will last."

"I'll make my own way home from here. We'll have to do this again sometime. Um, I guess this is good night." Feeling awkward, and not quite sure what to do, Randall will offer his hand for a handshake.

OOC: How detailed can Randall create an object, if he takes his time? And how long would it last? I realize that he probably didn't do a very good likeness of a dragon.
Hmmm... end of episode... wanting to impress girl.... Randall spends three hero points to make it continuous, shapeable and animated! It lasts until you want it gone or it is destroyed.

Monica squeals and takes the reins, throwing her hands around you and giving you a big, novice kiss. "I love it, thank you!" she exclaims finally. Embarassed by her boldness, she dashes into her house with a "G'night! E-mail me!"

All you really notice is that she tastes like cinnamon.

Mimic

First Post
Michelle stands around to stunned for words and once Empath, Sandstone and Sanjay leave she looks to Thunder.

Do you think we should stay, just incase what Sanjay said is true?

Agamon

Adventurer
"Sorry," he says, sipping the tea. "I've been kinda pent up since last night and I just kinda exploded..."

He thinks a moment, collecting his thoughts, continuing to sip the tea. "Okay, well, see, I almost never made it here, to New York, I mean. The ALF wanted me to stay, but my dad called in some favors. Anyway, they let me come, but Atsu Affifi stopped me before I boarded the plane and told me I was still ALF's property and that I better do what I was told or they'd kill my family.

"So, of course I agreed. But then I got this message that I'm supposed to get blood samples from all of the Beta team and send it to the ALF. I guess, they want to find out what Anarchy is trying to find out, but do it first.

"Anyway, I told them to go to hell and threatned them not to hurt my family."
He looks a bit sheepish. "I didn't tell anyone. I was afraid for my family's lives, you know. And I thought I could handle it myself.

"So I got this package today, and it had 3 vials and a datapad. The datapad was from Affifi. He told me about this Anaconda virus. It was in one of the vials, in a clear liquid. When I mixed it with some blood in another vial it turned black and gooey. He said if I don't get agree to conform, he'd release this virus into my neighbourhood!

"And then after his message, there was another message, from a doctor at the Congo Medical Research Facility. She said Affifi was crazy and going to assassinate the general! I heard gunfire and the message ended abruptly. We have to do something!"
he says to the two adults expectantly.

Calinon

First Post
Do you think we should stay, just incase what Sanjay said is true?
"Let Sandstone and Empath sort it out. I doubt it's as bad as Sanjay thinks it is, whatever it is. If it is, well, we can always come back. But I'm willing to bet they show up at my brother's farm before too long," he says confidently.

"Besides, if we have to go to the ALF, we won't be dragging you guys along. They don't overly like us there as is."

Calinon

First Post
Agamon said:
"Sorry," he says, sipping the tea. "I've been kinda pent up since last night and I just kinda exploded..."

He thinks a moment, collecting his thoughts, continuing to sip the tea. "Okay, well, see, I almost never made it here, to New York, I mean. The ALF wanted me to stay, but my dad called in some favors. Anyway, they let me come, but Atsu Affifi stopped me before I boarded the plane and told me I was still ALF's property and that I better do what I was told or they'd kill my family.

"So, of course I agreed. But then I got this message that I'm supposed to get blood samples from all of the Beta team and send it to the ALF. I guess, they want to find out what Anarchy is trying to find out, but do it first.

"Anyway, I told them to go to hell and threatned them not to hurt my family."
He looks a bit sheepish. "I didn't tell anyone. I was afraid for my family's lives, you know. And I thought I could handle it myself.

"So I got this package today, and it had 3 vials and a datapad. The datapad was from Affifi. He told me about this Anaconda virus. It was in one of the vials, in a clear liquid. When I mixed it with some blood in another vial it turned black and gooey. He said if I don't get agree to conform, he'd release this virus into my neighbourhood!

"And then after his message, there was another message, from a doctor at the Congo Medical Research Facility. She said Affifi was crazy and going to assassinate the general! I heard gunfire and the message ended abruptly. We have to do something!"
he says to the two adults expectantly.
"And we shall, Sanjay," Sandstone says calmly. "But we will need to buy some time. Use ARIS to respond to Affifi and tell him you will get him his samples. Let him set the time table. We will meet it, but not with what he expects."

"I'll go arrange for a 'sample,'" Empath says, obviously thinking along whatever line of reasoning Sandstone is using. She leaves the room.

"We will provide him with samples that match the blood types of the others, but from other students. He will learn nothing. Trust me, my friend. The situation is not as bad as you think. Your family will be fine, and I will get to the bottom of this. Affifi has not as much power as you, or he, thinks."

He grasps your shoulders firmly. "And when we are ready to reveal his actions to General Melamu, and reveal them we shall, I promise you will be there to see his downfall."

Remove ads