Epic M&M: Issue 5 (IC)

Calinon

First Post
Mai Pei, China
October 25, 2120
Conditions: Jackal (4HP), Sho (2VP, 4L, fatigued, disabled), Kevin (5HP), Dara (4HP, 2S), Xi (1HP), Li (1HP), Amazon (3HP, 1L), X12 (4HP), Carl (5HP, 2L)

"You said to take you down if you lost control," Carl responds to Raisa. "You can't get snitty about my options to do that now. Unless you call that in control," he adds.

Dara looks about ready to kill Carl, sharing Raisa's thoughts about Sho and more than a few angry and dark thoughts of her own enter the mix.

Jackal lets Kevin mimic him again. And for good measure, he mimics Li and Xi as well.

Same as before. You have a minute or so to do it, so may as well simply mimic what you did before as well.

"We will wait for him to awaken and see if he'll be useful to us," Xi says, nudging X12 with his toe. It takes about a minute, but he does awaken, and most of his injuries are already healed. After Li binds Sho tightly in the ooze she secretes from her hand, you all head quickly down the hall that Master Wen was carried down.

The hall is well worked, like the rest of the tunnels you've seen. You travel about fifty feet, turn a corner and come upon a pair of huge, ornate, double wooden doors. Though you are unfamiliar with it, the workmanship and age of the doors indicate that this cave network was likely used by some sort of ancient Chinese organization. The cave before the doors widen and become tiled in ancient marble, the walls in alabaster and the floor in onyx, with large braziers standing along the last twenty feet before the door. Everything has been restored beautifully and the value, historically and monetarily, are obvious even to the untrained eye.

Jackal's nose wrinkles, as does X12's, Li's and Kevin's. From ahead, you smell some sort of oil, like lamp oil or something. It's muted somewhat, probably because it is behind something. There are muffled voices that Kevin and Li can hear from beyond the door, at least two men.

Brazilia, SAA
SAP Research Facility
October 13, 2120
Containment Area

Michelle, Vince
Conditions: Monica (4HP, 2S, 2L), Vince (5HP, 1L, 2S), Metal Mistress (1HP, 1L)

"Then keep up if you can then," Loco says simply, as stone showers upwards and outward like a fountain and he drills instantly down into the tunnel the Mole made before. He begins to radiate light as he drops down, probably a light source he carries on him. Even before Michelle, Vince and Monica leap in after him, the light is fading and he is quickly vanishing down the wide, straight tunnel much faster than any of you can move.

While Monica and Vince can see well enough, Michelle is completely blind in the tunnel, the only light coming from the rapidly fading Loco and the hole above her.

Sanjay
Only one scientist seems to take notice of Sanjay's comments. He looks up from his work on a console directly outside of the containment area Sanjay is in and presses a button, activating a transmitter.

"If we can't bring the levels of anti-toxin in your blood high enough, a blood transfusion won't help you and you'll die," he says matter of factly and without any indication of concern. "Our analysis also shows that you have transmutation abilities. I advise you not to breach containment in any way, or we will be forced to proceed with biohazard containment procedure six."

On that statement, one of the armored guards from each door step forward and the guard watching you moves slightly, cannons emerging from their shoulder plating, laser sights training onto you.

"Congratulations on joining EPIC," the scientist says flatly. "I'm sure it impressed Ms. Vaile greatly." With that, he turns off his end of the transmitter, appearing completely unaffected by your attempt to intimidate him.

You didn't get a high enough roll (11) to beat the lab employees base sense motive.

Last edited:

Agamon

Adventurer
"So just inject me with more of that anti-toxin crap and get this over with! You can keep my tainted blood to study it, I won't be needing it anymore!" Sanjay yells back, frustrated.

He looks towards the guards. "Hey, guys. You can lower the weapons, alright? I might die because of these idiots, but I'll die for sure if I leave." He lays his head back, resigned to his fate. "This sucks," he mutters.

Velmont

First Post
"Two men behind that door" whispers Kevin. "They are speaking, I don't know what. I suppose it is the gang leader and the shadow guy. How about Raisa open the way, quickly followed by Jackal and Xi. The others follow and make sure they are alone before ganging up on them. If Mia or Wen is there, we can take care of it..."

Calinon

First Post
Brazilia, SAA
SAP Research Facility
October 13, 2120

Sanjay
The doctor seems rather irritated that you keep interrupting his work.

"The IV we have you on is not an anti-toxin. It's a communicable virus. One we have a fairly effective anti-virus for, and one we hope will help neutralize Anaconda. If we simply desired to study the effect we inject a massive does and do post mortem examinations to determine the effectiveness of the treatment."

He turns to another nearby scientist. "Begin temperature reduction to ten degrees."

Turning back to you, he continues. "You will soon take on an extremely high fever. You will need to remain conscious while we assess the effectiveness of the treatment. If all goes well, Anaconda will be neutralized to a point where a blood transfusion will be successful. The entire procedure should take no longer than 18 hours," he says before turning again to another scientist as he reaches to deactivate the communication system again.

"Begin the adreniline addition to the IV to keep him conscious..."

Mai Pei, China
October 25, 2120
Conditions: Jackal (4HP), Sho (2VP, 4L, fatigued, disabled), Kevin (5HP), Dara (4HP, 2S), Xi (1HP), Li (1HP), Amazon (3HP, 1L), X12 (4HP), Carl (5HP, 2L)

"We're all fine," Carl says.

"Where's that strong oil smell coming from though?" Jackal says, sniffing at the air.

Deva

First Post
Looking at Sho, and the condition she is in as Carl speaks, she feels a momentary twinge of remorse but it fades as quickly as is started. "You surprise me," She says quietly to Carl. "After what we did that night - what you did to those goons at that bar - I didn't think you would be the one to stop me from getting a little payback. I suggest you don't try to stop me again." She follows the others out the door.

At the ornate door, Raisa's lips curl up in a wicked grin at Kevin's suggestion and clench her fists so tight her knuckles crack. It obvious to anyone looking that she is in the mood for a fight. "Open says me." She steps to the doors and will kick them open.

Mordane76

First Post
"Okay, Carl," X12 responds, shaking his head.

X12 starts sniffing the air, trying to pinpoint the location of the oil.

OOC: Scent, Half Action to note direction, and then start moving in that direction. Hope to pinpoint it by moving within 5 feet of source.

Velmont

First Post
"I can only guess the light themselves with an oil lamp, old as it is. Or Mia is preparing a romantic night for me, well, kind of night she found romantic." Kevin say his last remark, trying to joke, but he feels a chill at the thought of the Crystal Palace 'drink.'

Elementor

First Post
Seeing Michelle having difficulties, Vince will slow up to help guide her. If she wants to head back he will help her that way or if she wants to continue, he will help guide her after Loco trying to keep up with Monica.

Agamon

Adventurer
Sanjay's head pops back up. "18 hours of high fever, awake?!? You have got to be..." he slumps back down. "I'm sure in a few hours I'll be praying for death, but if I do live though this, I swear I'm going to kick your ass."

Remove ads