Epic M&M: Issue 5 (IC)

Calinon

First Post
Mai Pei, China
October 25, 2120
Initiatives: Amazon 21 (4HP, 3L, 1S, stunned), Kajo 19 (2VP, 1L), Kevin 19 (5HP), Mia 18, Dara 18 (4HP, 2S), Jackal 14 (4HP), X12 14 (4HP), Havok 11, Carl 10 (5HP, 2L), The Shadow 9 (2VP), Li 8 (1HP), Xi 7 (1HP)

OOC: I'm assuming you mean you are using a ramming attack, not trying to trip him. But make sure you tell me what you are trying to do with an attack in the future.

Raisa rushes at the behemoth, slamming her shoulder at his midsection. He gives a grunt that sounds like stone grinding on stone, but doesn't move even an inch.

Attack roll: 21 hits
Damage save, Kajo (DC31): 18, VP 27 (1S)

Kajo, already being in the process of winding up for a punch, delivers a blow to Raisa that hits her from chest to pelvis, driving the wind from her! She ends up flying back through the doorway, just over everyone's heads, over the pit and lands hard on the dirt, bouncing twice and sliding back against the stone wall at a corner in the tunnel.

Attack roll: 15 hits
Damage save, Raisa (DC35): 11; HP 26 (1L, stunned)

Kajo lets out a roar, raising his hands above his head in victory.

Kevin is up!

Calinon

First Post
Mai Pei, China
October 25, 2120
Initiatives: Amazon 21 (4HP, 3L, 1S, stunned), Kajo 19 (2VP, 2L, stunned), Kevin 19 (5HP), Mia 18, Dara 18 (4HP, 2S), Jackal 14 (4HP), X12 14 (4HP), Havok 11, Carl 10 (5HP, 2L), The Shadow 9 (2VP), Li 8 (1HP), Xi 7 (1HP)

Kevin rushes into the room as well, ducking as Raisa soars overhead. He rolls past the behemoth, dragging his hands over his feet and the marble floor, trailing rapidly hardening mucus. But the huge, stone man leaps up with amazing agility, landing a few feet closer to the door and avoiding the attack.

Attack roll: 12 misses

Dara stays where she is, focusing her mental powers on the stone giant as well. The giant grabs at his head as a wave of mental energy strikes him, letting out an angry and pained "GRAH! Kajo head hurt!" as he staggers to the side.

Attack roll: 19 hits
Willpower save (DC19): 11 fails (1L, stunned)

Jackal rushes forward, seeming like he is going to follow with Raisa in a rapid bull-rush attack. But at the last moment, he lunges to the side, attacking the man beside him with a heavy slash of his claws! His claws meet some sort of barrier though, and don't even hurt the man who starts to hum...

Attack roll: 22 hits
Damage save (DC26): 27 succeeds

X12 is up!

Mordane76

First Post
X12 moves near Dara. "Raisa, touch my arm as you come back through," he says, hoping to utilize the connection the two usually share. "You too, Dara -- I'll try and keep you safe so you can wear this thing down."

Half action: Move. Free Action: Speak. Half Action: Total Defense.

Calinon

First Post
Mai Pei, China
October 25, 2120
Initiatives: Amazon 21 (4HP, 3L, 1S, stunned), Kajo 19 (2VP, 2L, stunned), Dara 18 (4HP, 2S, stunned), Jackal 14 (4HP, helpless), X12 14 (4HP, stunned), Havok 11 (1VP, 2L), Carl 10 (5HP, 2L), The Shadow 9 (2VP, 1L, stunned), Li 8 (1HP), Xi 7 (1HP)

"Then how about you use the damned weapons you brought and make yourself useful," growls Dara.

"Keep them safe, huh?" the other man says, moments before he opens his mouth and your entire equilibrium goes to pot as a painful sonic energy wave races outward in a cone shape, striking at Jackal first, then impacting X12, Carl, Dara, Li and Xi who are all still outside the room in the doorway.

Attack roll (on Jackal): 14 misses
Reflex saves (DC18): Dara 15, Jackal 27, X12 8, Carl 11, Li 18, Xi 12
Fort saves (DC18): Dara 14 (stunned), X12 17 (stunned), Carl 18, Xi 22
Fort saves (DC14): Jackal (automatic failure), Li 18

X12's vision blurs and he loses his orientation, staggering about as his ears ring violently. Dara is in a similar state, while Jackal is reduced to a huddled form on the ground, clutching at his ears in agony.

Carl growls, a low sound, causing a rumble to rip through the air. A bolt of vibrating energy slams into the man, sending him staggering backwards with a surprised look on his face.

The ceiling swirls with shadow suddenly above Kevin, forming into a rapidly turning maelstrom. With rapidity, it detaches from the roof, landing fully on Kevin. It ends up flat to the floor, then forms into the shadowy man, who chuckles darkly. Kevin has vanished.

Attack roll: 18 hits
Reflex save (DC20): 15 fails

Li leaps forward towards the shadow man. With a metallic ring, her fins extend and she drives her arms and legs at the man. He manages to block one blow, but a second slices into his side. She withdraws her leg, her fin slick with shadow, more shadow dripping on the floor.

Xi rushes forward at the sound affecting mutant, lashing out with his energy encased hands. He strikes solidly, but the man manages to roll enough with the blow to minimize harm.

Amazon is up! Let me know if you're using your last hero point to unstun. X12 should let me know as well.

Kevin
Mia 28, Kevin 19 (5HP)

You are dropped a few inches to a cold floor, quickly regaining your feet. Wherever you are, it's dark. Pitch black in fact. It is also obviously somewhat nearby where you were, as you hear sounds of combat echoing from somewhere. Then you realize that somewhere, from one of the others, you gained the ability to see in the dark and shift your sight to a black and white that lets you to see clearly.

"Hello, Kevin," you hear a recognizeable voice say sweetly from right behind you, accompanied by a featherlight touch on the back of your neck. Even as you spin and see her, Mia is just out of reach. Her effect on you, however, is apparent as every single cell in your body seems to come alive. Even the feel of your uniform on your skin is bothersome.

Attack roll: 17 hits
Willpower save (DC20): 14 fails

Mia Toan is dressed in elaborate and beautiful body armor, complete with a mask. A katana hangs at her hip and her visor in her mask glows slightly. She rips her Katana free with a ring of steel.

"Let's play!" she says cheerfully from somewhere behind you.

Kevin is up!

Velmont

First Post
Kevin takes a deap breath to relax. He extend his arms with a quick move. A small noise is made by the claw that come out of his fingers. He take a defensive stand he learns recently, under Wen.

"You have me, you can release Wen."

A smile is drawn on Kevin face.

"You know, the Prophet has offered me your head on a silver plate, and literally. I really start to think I should have accepted. You live because I choose so, remember that.

And you aren't respectuous of such an honorable weapon. To draw it properly, you should make no noise. You damage the edge."

On a quick move, Kevin try to touch Mia's legs to immobilize her right on place, and then move backward and resume is defensive stance.

OOC:
(Half) Snare
(Half) Move back, up to 30 ft.
Ready to deflect incoming attack.

Last edited:

Calinon

First Post
Mai Pei, China
October 25, 2120
Initiatives: Amazon 21 (4HP, 3L, 1S, stunned), Kajo 19 (3VP, 2L), Dara 18 (5HP, 2S), Jackal 14 (4HP, 1L, disabled), X12 14 (4HP, stunned), Havok 11 (1VP, 2L), Carl 10 (5HP, 2L), The Shadow 9 (2VP, 1L, stunned), Li 8 (1HP), Xi 7 (1HP)

As Raisa tries to recover, Kajo does just that, shaking off the effect of the mental blast with another grating roar. "Who do that to Kajo!" he shouts, head swivelling side to side but apparently unable to determine who caused him the pain. In the end, his eyes fall on the prone form of Jackal. "Kajo smash dog man!" he shouts, and punts Jackal across the room and into the ornately tiled wall.

Dara ignores the pain in her ears, focussing on the big stone man again. Kajo's eyes sort of glaze over and he stops his pursuit of the already badly hurt Jackal.

"Kajo, don't you want to be the boss?" Dara says across the room to him. "If you take that guy out, then won't you get to be the boss?" she says, pointing at the sound emitting mutant.

"Kajo like Havoc," the stone giant replies.

"Really? Just back in the other room, he and Sho were saying how stupid and easily tricked..."

"Kajo not stupid! Kajo smash Havoc!" the man roars.

"Uh oh," Havoc and the Shadow both say at once.

Dara just grins with a feral little smile.

X12 is up! If you aren't going to use a hero point to unstun, let me know.

Kevin
Mia 28, Kevin 19 (5HP, 2L)

OOC: It's a half action to prepare a deflection, so I'll assume you don't move back.

Kevin smacks at Mia's legs, trying to encase them in the mucus he exudes from his hands, but Mia isn't very easy to hit at all, dancing aside, then flipping up and over Kevin easily. Kevin spins, fins painfully erupting from his shins, calfs and forearms, as he prepares to deflect an incoming attack.

"Look around, my dear Kevin," Mia says lyrically. "I don't have your old man here. It's just you and me. Isn't that romantic!" At his other words, she laughs.

"Oh, such fantastical stories! Prophet is just a legend! And I don't worry about the edge of my blades," she laughs. "I only use each blade on one person," she adds, serious for a moment. "I'm so going to miss our chats," she pouts, then launches twin slashes at you. You catch the first attack on your forearm fin, shoving it aside, but even so your arm explodes in agony! The second strike is even worse, as she slices hard and deeply into your hip.

Even through the pain, you can tell she's attacking carefully, trying to find out just what your powers are before she fully commits. It probably also has to do with her desire to inflict as much pain as possible before killing you...

Kevin's sense motive: 20

Attack rolls: 18, 15
Deflection roll (DC18): 19 succeeds on the first attack
Damage save (DC17): 12 (1L) --> this is a required save on your deflected attack, due to pain
Damage save (DC22): 15 (1L, stunned)

OOC: I didn't use a save on the first because of the low DC of the save, and the other wasn't a roll below 15. It was 15... you currently have +0 damage save, including your +8 AS.

Kevin is up! But this won't move faster than the other battle.

Mordane76

First Post
"Yeah, because we've seen how effective beating this guy up is with Raisa and Jackal," X12 thinks to himself, shaking aside the haze.

X12 plants his feet firmly, and pushes his powers out towards Raisa and Michael, assuming their wounds.

OOC: Spend last HP to unstun.
Extra Effort: Ranged, and sustain the extra. Half: Healing on Raisa, Half: Healing on Jackal.

Remove ads