• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

EPIC M&M: Issue 6 (IC)

Agamon

Adventurer
Sanjay watches the exchange between the two women with an exasperated 'I-got-played' look on his face. He looks over at Monica and covers her up in a yellow t-shirt and a pair of cut-offs. "You and I need to talk, Monica."

He then turns back to Tyra, less than impressed. "Uh, yeah, just me. Sorry, but Monica's not the slut you'd hoped she'd be. And Cosmo's nice? No, sorry, he's a grade A a-hole, thanks for playing. I'm sure he's around here somewhere, maybe he'd be more willing to be 'borrowed' than I am."

Dalamar

Adventurer
"She is going to run right into them."
Johan leaps after Jennifer, hoping that she doesn't get herself killed.

OoC: Going to need to see the situation before knowing what to do.

Mimic

First Post
"Anithos, stop it." Michelle demands as she walks up and grabs his arm. "This isn't funny, you shouldn't play with people's emotions like that and how long was I talking to an illusion?"

Velmont

First Post
"Ok... we needs to know what he was doing here. If he took your shape to run away, it must be because he needs not to be catch, mostly because he know womething or did something. If it was teh latest, what is it? You said he was looking at someone when you found him. What happen to that person?" He pause for a moment and then asks to X12 "And what is a directive?"

Calinon

First Post
October 26, 2120
Dover, England
Dover Medical Facility

X12, Jay

"Search the rooms," Kodiak says. "Vibro, Trailblazer, phase through the rooms on your left. Communicators open at all times. Dara, Amazon, check the stairwells at the end of the hall. Let us see what this card is," he says, reaching for the knife imbedded in the wall, but he stops before grabbing it, nose wrinkling as he catches a scent.

"Contact poison," he growls, and X12 catches the same scent he detected faintly in the emergency room. In fact, he actually recognizes the scent. It's very similar to a type of poison made from a breed of lotus that invokes lethargy and paralysis. Like many poisons, it is only dangerous when first applied and for a short time thereafter. A few minutes of contact with the air should negate the effect, though you are fairly confident you can resist its effects.

Dara and Raisa bang open the stairwell doors and go on their searches, and a scant few seconds later, after a few surprised shouts and screams from hospital employees and patients in the rooms, Carl and Trailblazer appear, Carl at the far end of the hall and Trailblazer near you.

"I got nothin', partner," Trailblazer says.

Carl looks down and shakes his head, having found nothing.

Brazilia Medical Facility
October 14, 2120

Sanjay

Tyra grins toothily. "Oh, he's fiesty isn't he. I can see why you like him. But don't worry, stripes," she says, plopping down in a nearby chair. "I'm not going to rob my daughter of her favorite boytoy just yet."

You get the distinct feeling that most of what Tyra says is designed to get under someone's skin. Whether it is on purpose or just by habit, you don't know.

"But you two go ahead and talk. I have my own questions to ask you," Tyra says. Then she continues without actually giving you a chance to talk. "Like what you think you're doing playing hero when I told the human lightning rod that under no circumstances were you to be put on any stupid little teams. And I thought we had an agreement about this sort of thing. I was willing to let you go to that school so you could be around other people without worrying about discrimination, but we agreed," she says, getting animated.

Michelle
"I'm just avoiding arrest," he says with a casual smile. "She'll be fine, won't you Angelique?" Empath nods dazedly as she wanders over towards Titan, smelling her rose dreamily. He pulls his arm free of you and starts over to Tara. "I just threw up the illusion when Angelique and Titan came in. Add in a little voice projection and you were still actually talking to Tara. Now come on, help me at least get her up so we can get out of here before Titan comes to. My powers aren't nearly as effective againt guys."

In the M-TAC Mainframe, New York
Johan

You pop back through another light and into the mainfraim of M-Tac, entering by the same route you exited by. You aren't very surprised to see the two M-Tac cyber-guards still in the room. You are standing directly behind the female, who has her back to you. Near the door, you hear a scream as a rather familiar looking troll has a rather familiar looking girl clutched in his oversized hands. The male guard is standing in front of the troll.

"The captain says we're to make her exit into holding cell F3," the female says. "If she won't, we delete her here."

The male guard's shoulder slump a bit and he turns, saying. "I remember when we could just disconnect hackers and they didn't actually physically come into our look out behind you!" he shouts in warning.

Only one made the surprise roll! Your current weapon is a water gun (energy blast -- water)

Initiatives: Female Guard 31 (surprised), Johan 30, Male Guard 29, Jennifer 25 (pinned), Troll 22 (surprised)

Velmont

First Post
"Trying to find a shapeshifter... it is like trying to find a needle in an haystack. Hey, X12, you said he touched you and you filled some diziness. That mean he must need to touch someone to take his shape."

Jay open his communicator.

"By any chance, anyone has seen some twin anywhere? Good chance the shapeshifter need to touch someone to take his shape, so if you see two persons alike, there is some chance one of them is our man."

Agamon

Adventurer
(You pause at this point as though I'm to interject...alrighty then)

Sanjay scratches the nape of his neck as Tyra starts to rant. "Hey, it's not like she can't defend herself. In fact she's pretty good at it. And I'm sure Thunder wouldn't let her..." His face screws up at a thought as he turns to Monica. "Yeah, why did he let you on the team? I don't get it."

Mordane76

First Post
Velmont said:
"Trying to find a shapeshifter... it is like trying to find a needle in an haystack. Hey, X12, you said he touched you and you filled some diziness. That mean he must need to touch someone to take his shape."

"He's not a shapeshifter - he's a Directive; more like an identical twin brother of mine. I recognize the poison. It's what he used on me when he touched me on the way out of the emergency room; it's similar to a organically produced poison from the tropics... kinda smells acrid," X12 says. "Let me grab the card - I'm pretty sure I can handle it," he says to Kodiak, and reaches up for the card and knife. "If not... well, the poison's efficacy should subside in a few minutes."

Unless stopped, he grabs the knife and card down from the wall.

Mimic

First Post
"What makes you think I am going to help you?" she says standing, her forcefield springing to life around her. Two bolts of electromagnetic force streak towards the boy.

Regardless if the bolts hit or not she will activate her communicator. "Thunder, Anithos is here in the cafeteria."
powers: Forcefield (free action) energy blast: (half action) Heroic effort

Velmont

First Post
Mordane76 said:
"He's not a shapeshifter - he's a Directive; more like an identical twin brother of mine. I recognize the poison. It's what he used on me when he touched me on the way out of the emergency room; it's similar to a organically produced poison from the tropics... kinda smells acrid," X12 says. "Let me grab the card - I'm pretty sure I can handle it," he says to Kodiak, and reaches up for the card and knife. "If not... well, the poison's efficacy should subside in a few minutes."

Unless stopped, he grabs the knife and card down from the wall.

"A twin? I'll have to be brief about it, as soon as possible."

As he sees X12 trying to grab the knife, Jay grab his wrist and stop him.

"Hey! What were you going? We are in an hospital... Trailblaizer. Can you find some latex gloves please. It will be safer. I suppose you can do it in a blink of an eye, so we won't waste time. Thanks."

Remove ads