Epic Rules or Immortals Handbook...which is the better title?

Epic Rules or Immortals Handbook? Which is the more appealing book title?

• Epic Rules (Gods & Mega Monsters)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Epic Bestiary (Gods & Mega Monsters)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Immortals Handbook (Gods & Mega Monsters)

Votes: 9 81.8%
  • Immortal Rules (Gods & Mega Monsters)

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Something Else? Write Below

Votes: 1 9.1%

Hey guys,

The more I think about this project, the more I think its perhaps more specifically about Immortals than necessarily Epic characters/play. For instance there are no specific "epic levels". You essentially go from Level 20 straight to Hero-deity (once you meet the requirements of course). Now you could argue that Hero-deities and Quasi-deities are 'epic characters' and not true immortals, so there is that, but looking over the 4 chapters of the book: The Divine; The Epic; The Monstrous and The Bestiary (this last chapter is approx. 2/3rds of the book) I am wondering if maybe the Epic Rules title/moniker is a tad misleading as its NOT a never ending continuation of existing class levels.

Curious to hear what the rest of you think as to the best or most appropriate title?

...maybe I am just overthinking it. :unsure:

Hey Chess435 buddy! :)

You can't beat the classics. Immortal's Handbook stands out amongst the various other preexisting 3rd party epic rules expansions, and also gets you a little bit of brand recognition from those who have been a fan of your old 3rd edition work.

Yes I am thinking this may be the way to go.

This book is basically a 5E version of Ascension cut in half*, combined with a 5E version of the Epic Bestiary doubled in size...plus it also adds the Grimoire and new rules about Mega Monsters (plus a ton of other stuff).

*I completely over-reached with the Divine Abilities and Portfolios in Ascension, so I made a few changes to those elements in this new book (ie. I won't be covering 400+ abilities and 40+ portfolios in this book).

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
Immortals Handbook invokes nostalgia and Brand recognition

or Epic Handbook? To get branding but distinguish it as something different?

Epic Legends? And create your own legacy brand?

I honestly think Immortal's Handbook: Gods and Monsters is the most succinct. Drop the mega.

You could be right. I agree 'Gods & Monsters' reads better.

There were two reasons why I was specifically going with Mega Monsters.

Firstly, one whole chapter of the book is devoted to outlining monsters particularly "Mega Monsters" which are the new, very simple, size rules for big monsters and all the cool stuff that goes with them.

Secondly, assuming I ever get to doing more than one volume of the book I wanted the subtitle of each to be: [prefix] Gods & [insert monster]

So for example Volume II: Alien Gods & Fallen Angels

That said, Gods & Monsters as a flat subtitle, does encompass the majority of the book.

Hey there Tonguez! :)

Immortals Handbook invokes nostalgia and Brand recognition

I agree, I was too hasty to cast aside my Immortals Handbook brand.

or Epic Handbook? To get branding but distinguish it as something different?

I think its too close to the Epic Level Handbook.

Epic Legends? And create your own legacy brand?

The more I think about it, this book is mainly a 'handbook' for Immortals with a lot of Epic Level* Monsters thrown in and a bunch of new rules for running truly massive creatures.

*...and indeed Immortal Level and Sidereal level monsters.

Remove ads