Which TTRPG has the best PvP rules?

Reynard

Legend
I really like how dread does it, when 2 players get in conflict nothing changes about the core resolution system: which in dread is making “pulls” from a jenga tower when you want to do as opposed to the normal method of dice, when the tower falls, whoever caused it to fall dies.

So effectively if two players are in conflict they are ramping up the game tension and risking their lives with every “pull” they take, and if neither backs down, eventually they’ll meet their demise.
And how would you implement that in a battle royal or moba inspired team competition?

Bladeac

Villager
And how would you implement that in a battle royal or moba inspired team competition?
I was speaking more genreally about pvp in rpgs I suppose, now that I reread the original post lol.

But I’d probably want to riff off one of the alternate methods of pvp dread uses, where each player has their own “tower” (stacking d6’s or something similar, dying if it falls over), that way their is a risk to getting into direct conflict with other players. Since It’s not a horror game, you wouldn’t be taking dreads system in the whole, just pulling inspiration from it for achieving the tension you want when players are in conflict.

Remove ads