• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Epic vs. Demigod Smackdown!!! [Recruiting/Setup]

silentspace

First Post
True, if money were no object, epic spellcasting wins hands down. Unfortunately those epic spells are insanely expensive...

I think starting wealth at level 40 should be 702,000 gp. Enough to buy 1 high spellcraft spell, or maybe a few lower spellcraft spells...

Burne

First Post
Just a quick balance comment from someone who has spent to much time playing and making characters and Gods at the 30th+ level. Divine rank 0 is worth about 3 levels to a epic character. Divine Rank 1 is worth about 5 levels. Every rank beyond that is worth a little more than a level, with the threshold Divine ranks 6,11,16) being worth another.

Compare a 40th level human, with a 30th level human Divine Rank 5 godling and they are pretty close in power assuming you give the Godling stats consumate with the humans after magic items stats.
Other comparisions vary, the 40th wizard vs 30th godling comparison is less favorable unless the god is defense heavy.

Ferrix

Explorer
nameless said:
I'm considering a melee enthusiast, Monk 11, Dervish 29 (possibly less, if some fun templates/races are available, I especially like the air elemental template from MotP). In a Dervish Dance, the attacks are going to be something like +66/66/66/66/66/61/61/56/56/51/51 from flurry of blows, two weapon fighting with kamas, and haste, and twice per day +66/66/66/66/66/66/66/66/61/61/61/61/56/56/56/56/51/51/51/51, each one doing around 1d6+50 (I haven't looked at enchantments and magic items that might bring the attack and damage higher). That's 20 attacks. I've never played above level 25 or so, though, so I'm not sure the kind of power I'm supposed to be throwing around.

flurry & twf don't work together... although you should go with greater wounding so each hit sucks out 2 con

silentspace

First Post
Paxus Asclepius said:
Well, you might feel that way, but the ELH lists it as a handy 13.6 million, and I don't mind terribly.

Were you replying to my post? Did you mean that the ELH lists starting gold for a 40 lvl char at 13.6 million? If so, could you give me a page or table number?

nameless

First Post
Ferrix said:
flurry & twf don't work together... although you should go with greater wounding so each hit sucks out 2 con

silentspace hit that one on the head. I'm pretty sure TWF and Flurry works together with the special monk weapons, though. Do you have a FAQ entry or rule entry to support that?

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads