• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Epic warlock advancment

Drakeskull

First Post
Ok Im running an epic game (played from level 1 in a game with very low xp), Its a solo game with only one player and his group of npcs, He just recently ran into a Very hard encounter and there were some bad save rolles and they all died. He decided on getting more people for his group since he only has 3 at the moment and one of the new ones are going to be a warlock but I cant seem to find a good advancment for them. They are still low on the epic field from 21-23 there is even a level 20 that he is about to pick up as well. But I need help with the warlocks epicness if you can help. Thanks

Rystil Arden

First Post
Drakeskull said:
Ok Im running an epic game (played from level 1 in a game with very low xp), Its a solo game with only one player and his group of npcs, He just recently ran into a Very hard encounter and there were some bad save rolles and they all died. He decided on getting more people for his group since he only has 3 at the moment and one of the new ones are going to be a warlock but I cant seem to find a good advancment for them. They are still low on the epic field from 21-23 there is even a level 20 that he is about to pick up as well. But I need help with the warlocks epicness if you can help. Thanks
Don't worry, its in the back of Complete Arcane on page 189, although they give the warlock a faster damage increase to EB than I would if I were writing it (since wizard spells have hit a damage cap without metamagic and such) and bonus feats quite quickly considering this. But hey, its the official progression.

Drakeskull

First Post
thanks

Thanks for pointing out the page. I noticed that it says 12d6 at 22 level and add one d6 every even number after that ..... it normally stops at 9d6 right? How did it jump to 12.

Rystil Arden

First Post
Drakeskull said:
Thanks for pointing out the page. I noticed that it says 12d6 at 22 level and add one d6 every even number after that ..... it normally stops at 9d6 right? How did it jump to 12.
That's either a typo or the writer became confused because every warlock worth his salt has a Chausible of Fell Power by then (which gives +2d6 on the EB damage). It should be 10d6

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads