Equivalent Exchange--Episode 1: Shattered Love

unleashed

First Post
As Al heads for the door Rose places her spoon beside her unfinished bowl of stew, before rising to follow him, “You’re not going without me, Alphonse Elric... who knows what kind of trouble you’ll get into on your own!”

Rystil Arden

First Post
*Claus sighs.*

"I guess there's no stopping you then. It's cold and dark out, though. If you get hurt, you come back here by the warm fire, okay?"

*Claus gets up and fetches them a lantern.*

"The graveyard is down the road and on the other side of the nearby hill, by the woods. Just follow the path past the old house and around.

Dire Lemming

First Post
Al blushes at Rose's scolding as he takes the lantern from Claus. Nodding to her directions, he opens the door and heads out into the night.

Rystil Arden

First Post
*They follow the trail past the big old house, as instructed, and around the next hill by the woods, they do indeed see a graveyard in the distance, by the light of the shining lantern.*

Dire Lemming

First Post
Al shudders involuntarily as he sees the lines of graves lit only my moonlight. "Uh, well, there is it, Rose. Let's go." He advances, being careful to keep a lookout for anything suspicious.

Rystil Arden

First Post
*The graveyard is quiet and still, peaceful. There is no sound except for Al and Rose's feet as they advance slowly, not even the hooting of an owl. The graveyard appears solemn and orderly, with rows of graves marked with the names of those who have passed on. Al shivers as one gravestone's shape reminds him of Mother's, and the first two letters in the name 'Tracy Hallman' had at first glance almost looked like they could be the beginning of 'Trisha Elric'...*

Dire Lemming

First Post
Al exhales sharply, in surprise, and shakes his head, reminding himself of how silly it is to be scared of the dead. "Eheh, well, it doesn't look like there's anything here, does it Rose?" he says, chuckling nervously.

unleashed

First Post
“Not right now, anyway,” Rose agrees quietly, her eyes darting around uneasily for any sign of movement. “Do you want to check the woods, Al?” she asks tentatively.

Last edited:

Dire Lemming

First Post
Al swallows dryly as he stares into the darkness between the trees, but it's not a graveyard.

"Uh, ERRR, why am I scared, it's only a graveyard! Uh, right, I guess we should check out the woods, but we shouldn't go too far in."

Remove ads