• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Erekose's Savage Tide - Act 1: There is No Honour

Velmont

First Post
OOC: Wait a second, a scroll? Come on! We have a spellthief. Malarky goes to a caster who is willing to sell one spell (10 gp per caster level, which is far cheaper), but instead of casting it, Malarky steal his spell. She do that at most 1 hour before casting it.

Malarky

First Post
ooc: You know I hadn't thought of the spellthief working like that but I like it! Let me see what my boy can do.

Tereg contemplates Alix's word and strategy, a sudden glimmer coming into the faen's eyes. "You know, give me a few hours and I may just be able to come up with something that would work."

Rystil Arden

First Post
'Interesting...'

"You can procure spells? Fascinating! We don't need it just yet, I'll wager, since we need to gather information first, but the fact that we have that as a backup is good to know."

Erekose13

Explorer
[At Dinner with Lavinia]

Rystil Arden said:
"I would rather we get started now and reschedule dinner for the triumphant victory celebration," Alix agrees, "And if you could arrange for a private room where the details of our discussions needn't disturb your repose, my lady, that would be wonderful," Alix smiles gratefully.

Malarky said:
"With all do respect Master Alix, I don't think well on an empty stomach and I welcome just about any occassion to get away from my Aunt's cooking. Seeing that we have been offered the wonderful hospitality of the house and access to delightful cooking I don't really see any harm in continuing our discussions in private over food." he bows his head and smiles to Lady Lavinia. "If my Lady doesn't mind."

"Either way, privacy or company, I am happy that you are all so eagre to help me out." replies Lavinia.

Manzanita said:
~cut~
"M'Lady. It must be tough inhereting such a complex estate. I see the painting of your brother on the wall. He hasn't been seen in months, I've heard. Is he well, may I ask? I would feel better if I knew you had him at your side in this venture."

Lavinia pauses for a moment, not quite prepared for that question, "He, um, appears to have left town. I don't know where he is, though I wish I did."[sblock=Sense Motive DC 20]She seems quite distraught when the topic is raised. Her answer is hesitant and it is tinged with worry and concern.[/sblock]

Rystil Arden said:
"Continue in private over dinner, you say? That would be fine, Tereg. Come, then--let's head to the private room our lovely hostess has so graciously offered us and begin our planning. Can you have food delivered there, Lavinia?"

As discussion returns to talk of privacy versus dinner, Lavinia makes a new offer, "Actually, I think it might be easier if you continue your discussion here. I'll have Kora bring the rest of the food and the two of us will leave you to your planning. I am impressed with the zeal with which you are all taking this in. Please excuse me."

With a polite bow she stands and leaves through the northern door calling out to Kora as the door closes behind her.

[Once Lavinia has left]

The group is left to make plans in private with all the delicious food they could hope for.

Manzanita

First Post
OOC: Sense motive: 17+5=22. Finally made one!

IC: "A shame." says Julian sincerely, at hearing Vanthus' location is unknown.

Once they are alone and have finished the discussion already posted, Julian finishes eating, and sits back. "I, for one, am ready to go. I'm ready to relax with some wind, sing some songs, and hit the pubs for information on Vark. Maybe the Empty Grave, or the Bloodthirsty Pelican. Alix, do you know Rowyn Kellani? It would be great to have her on our side, but have no leads on the nobility in this city."

Rystil Arden

First Post
"Check for Vanthus too--he's more of a concern than Vark because Vark is just a low-level thug. As to Rowyn Kellani, well, if you'll recall, I already said I'd handle her..."

'Trust me, you got the easier job, my friend!'

"So let's see what we've got here:"

"Tereg, you seem far and away our best scout, so you said you'll spy on Vark for us and try to catch who comes on and off the boat, and when. If you can maybe grab a Disguise spell, that would be interesting, though it wouldn't let you disguise as a human, would it?"

"Jerrell, your strength of arms will be needed later, but for now, make sure you are prepared--I'm sure you just didn't bring it to dinner, but you do have more arms and armour, no? If not, we can try to help bankroll you to get some."

(OOC: Note--according to my quick search of Jerrell's sheet in the RG, he has tons of cash but absolutely no armour and just a single dagger despite the TWF feat :uhoh: )

"Nathan and Julian, I trust the two of you to pursue direct information gathering. You may want to divvy up the tasks between yourselves to suit your interests--I suggest whichever of the two of you who is more professional and discreet should check on Vanthus. Based on the funny eye Lavinia was giving, I don't doubt he's still lurking around somewhere. If my hunch is right, I have an interesting social gambit that may flush him out as well..."

'If his greed gets the best of him, he can't fail to bite--I just have to find where to plant the hook...and make sure that the bite doesn't kill me!'

"In any case, Julian, your list of places to start is good, but also consider shady areas like Widow's Walk, Dead Dog Alley, and Dusk Street--Vark is probably hiring thugs from the dark side of town, and Vanthus wouldn't exactly be able to keep a low profile if he was galivanting about any of the high districts."

"As for me, as previously mentioned, I have a date with a Ms. Rowyn Kellani, noted heir of pirates, cheaters, and thieves and member of a house on the rise...I may not be able to see her tonight, but if so, it will be an...interesting evening."

Velmont

First Post
[SBLOCK=OOC]He is a whaler, not an adventurer. He only need a dagger as a tool to cut rope and to cut into pieces whales. And for two wepaon figthing, he has two fist, it is enough to use that feat. I'm never disarmed.[/SBLOCK]

"So I have to wait until the things get messy and it is there I should appear? You could also hire some thugs to do the job you know, you could have a whole band for half of what she is paying me." answers Jerrell, not please to be seen as a mountain of muscle.

Rystil Arden

First Post
[SBLOCK=OOC]Hahaha :lol: We're all going to die :lol: :uhoh: [/SBLOCK]

'If the shoe fits...'

"It is best that everyone work in their areas of strength. For instance, if I tried to help Tereg, I would blunder and trip, and I would be noticed, thus not only not adding any help, but also ruining the effort of Tereg as well. I know for sure that there are many things you can do that none of us can, particularly if we ever wind up on the high seas for any reason, but right now, the ball is mainly in Tereg's court, as well as Julian's and Nathan's. It doesn't make sense to use our more dangerous options when we haven't tried the easy ones first, right? However, if you'd like to follow whichever of the latter pair is checking after Vark and offer assistance, that could be a great help. The only issue is that you may be seen in association with them, which could hurt your cover for a later sting operation."

Manzanita

First Post
Julian stands and stretches. "What a nice meal. Much better than the grub at the House of the Dragon, and loads better than the slop they feed us at sea. I'd love some company, Jerrel. Even if you don't want to be seen with me, perhaps you could come along. You might learn something yourself."

Julian is ready to hit the pubs.

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: Aye--seems like everyone is ready. If Julian's doing Vark maybe with Jerrell, Nathan can work on Vanthus, then, and Tereg and Alix will do their things--We can continue discussion more if anyone likes--I'll post some details for Alix after we split up following the two ~s below)

~~

*Once everyone is clear on what to do, Alix heads out and checks the time. If it is too late to invite Rowyn yet, he'll wait until tomorrow, though otherwise he will do so now. Either way, before he sees her, he'll grab a flower (OOC: What's her favourite colour? Also, what else does Alix know about her? Is there more I could get with Kn: Nob & Roy? Gather Info?) and steel himself for the upcoming conversation.*

*If he has extra time and can't see Rowyn, Alix won't waste the time--he also begins gathering information after Vanthus. He's not worried about attracting attention to himself--in fact, if there seems to be someone shady who knows more about Vanthus and is taking too much interest in Alix's queries, he has something to say to them.*

Remove ads