• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Erfworld - getting good?

interwyrm

First Post
It's starting to remind me of the movie "Flight of Dragons" (which I loved).

Anyways, I think that people who dismissed Erfworld at the start should give it another chance.

Sejs

First Post
Honestly, I liked it at the outset but I've since moved to more guarded optimism.

It needs to go somewhere. Particularly just randomly shotgunning memes doesn't do the trick.

Nonlethal Force

First Post
Meh. I Didn't care for it at the beginning and reading the strip takes such little effort since I'm over to OotS anyway. I've continued to read. I must say that while at least now there is a hint of a plot and the story has potential (something that has changed over the past month) I still don't look forward to getting back into the "-omancer" vocabulary and the childspeak.

If the speech would adopt modern conventions simply for the reader's sake I'd be much more excited about the strip. As it is, the speech conventions will always be an irritant.

jollyninja

First Post
I was expecting funny, have not really seen it yet. cool idea though. story........ moving........ to.......... slowly............ to..........hook.......... readers.

Edit: standing corrected, I liked the new one, finally got to the point. though 16 comics in was a little long.

Last edited:

JustKim

First Post
I didn't dismiss it at all, I thought it had potential when it started. Since then I have really changed my mind.

Most people couldn't seem to get over the naming conventions, but for me it was the cheap laughs. When he broke out the comedy gold of "orly owls", I knew it was not going to be the comic for me.

Yair

Community Supporter
The last one wasn't half-bad.
And the black chick is hot.

Otherwise, very bad. I read it since it's next to OotS, sometimes, but it just isn't good - the words are annoying, it appears to refer to lots of things I know nothing about (younger generation... I'm feeling old), and it isn't funny or engaging.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads