• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Erik Mona's secret project revealed yet?

sad_genius

First Post
Nightfall said:
So can I but I'd like to point that Undermountain is being written by Eric BOYD!, not Erik Mona. :p (Notice firstly Erik's name is spelt with a k at the end for starters.)

But in any case Exploration of Undermountain = much FR goodness! :D

Oh, I know, the link was that most people think that Eri*k*'s project will be in the "Expedition To (x)" series, and that a big classic dungeon had been leaked already, fuelling speculation that the Mona Project (TM) could be something along the same lines.

sad_genius

First Post
grodog said:
Sigh. Thanks, sad_genius.

Which reminds me - on the tidbits front, Erik also mentioned that someones comment about "mirror universe Greyhawk" in the Star Trek sense would seem ironic in those 10 months time; in the spirit of wild speculation, that makes me think either:

a) Land Beyond the Magic Mirror

or

b) More fuel for the Castle Greyhawk flame, afforementioned Land Beyond the Magic Mirror being inside and all. Maybe Erik has put down the first official location for the mirror?

Sulimo

First Post
Maldin said:
And that eloquently summarizes why the universally despised WG7 Castle Greyhawk module is nonetheless still very popular and fetches reasonably high prices at auction, while the classics can be bought for a song.

Well I liked it. :eek:

Well...I found it very entertaining to read. I never actually played any of the adventures.

How can anyone not like Bugsbear Bunny?

Ripzerai

Explorer
ruleslawyer said:
That said, I *love* WG7. It's clearly NOT for actual play (unless you've got some WHACKED-out players)

I ran parts of it. Of course, I ran some of the wackier things from Dragon Magazine's April Fools issues too. A good time was had by all.

James Heard

Explorer
Hrm. Given all the stuff Paizo's doing for Greyhawk right now with the fitting the new adventure paths together with the old one, I wonder if they really haven't secured the rights to an "alternate Greyhawk." You know, you'd have the "Core Setting" and "Paizo Presents: Greyhawk Adventures" or something like that? That extra bump for pushing the core setting can't do anything to hurt the popularity of the stuff in the generic WOTC books, after all.

Ah, but maybe I dream. Again.

qstor

Adventurer
James Heard said:
Hrm. Given all the stuff Paizo's doing for Greyhawk right now with the fitting the new adventure paths together with the old one, I wonder if they really haven't secured the rights to an "alternate Greyhawk."

I seriously doubt it. WOTC has shown they aren't interested in doing anymore Greyhawk stuff beyond the LGG and even the Living Greyhawk Journal has gotten the axe.

Mike

James Heard

Explorer
qstor said:
I seriously doubt it. WOTC has shown they aren't interested in doing anymore Greyhawk stuff beyond the LGG and even the Living Greyhawk Journal has gotten the axe.

Mike
Which is what gets me wondering about them passing along a license to Paizo for Greyhawk.

sad_genius said:
Which reminds me - on the tidbits front, Erik also mentioned that someones comment about "mirror universe Greyhawk" in the Star Trek sense would seem ironic in those 10 months timer

Mirror universe Star Trek reminds me of imperialism -- the Imperial Starship Enterprise and so on. I know someone who wore a sweatshirt with the ISS Enterprise logo (sword through the Earth) as a subtle protest of foreign policy . . .

Anyhow, that makes me think something like a revisit of the Empire of Iuz (been there, done that) or perhaps the Great Kingdom recovers its imperial grandeur and goes on the march? Perhaps colonization Hepmonaland?

Remove ads