• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Erik Mona's secret project revealed yet?

Jason Bulmahn

Adventurer
Erik Mona said:
Well, well, well, would you look at that.

--Erik

Ahhh.. finally, this cat is out of the bag. I don't know about Erik and James, but keeping the secret on this one was slowly killing me. Phew.

Jason Bulmahn
Co-Author of Expedition to the Ruins of Greyhawk
Managing Editor of Dragon

Is this already the secret project? Quite cool, though it wasn't THAT secret any more...

And a friendly word of warning:

Ahould someone dare to write Castle Greyhawk into the Realms, I'll personally lead the mob with torches and pitchforks...

Seriously, can you already disclose if the adventure will

a) include information on the City of Greyhawk?

b) be set in a *generic* environment with suggestions of how to be made part of the other 3e settings? (For me personally, this would be the main point to buy or not to buy the book.)

c) be a comedy approach like the classic TSR module or be a more or less epic adventure?

:) In any case, good luck with this project!

Yours,

Rafael

Erik Mona

Adventurer
The extremely generic product description leaves me little room to discuss details without violating my NDA, but I think I can safely confirm that a significant section of the adventure takes place in the City of Greyhawk. Provided you are willing to 'port the Free City into your campaign, you could pretty easily run it in any campaign setting, but come on. It is written to be used in Greyhawk or as a stand-alone, primarily. I certainly didn't spend a lot of time thinking about how to plug it into Eberron or wherever.

And while there are some humorous elements to go along with Zagig's madness, it is not a joke module, and we did not bother to consult the joke version of Castle Greyhawk when researching the book.

We did include several elements from "Greyhawk Ruins," but that is a deeply imperfect adventure, and we certainly didn't follow it slavishly.

--Erik

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads