Eschton [mature] IC - Calling Arabesu

Voidrazor

First Post
[sblock=Shayuri OOC]Sigil does have a call from Starzaeon in her Psi-web queue that she can identify as party invitation. Sigil doesn't yet know anything about the chronomancer the governor mentioned. But even if she spends the next few days dealing solely with the kidnapping, she'll still be able to arrive 'at the same time' as the other PCs if she chooses to go. Alternatively, she could go (or attend virtually) now and have no time pass on Kaydia.[/sblock]

Voidrazor

First Post
Vertexx69 said:
Allowing herself just a couple of songs, which actually didn't help her longing to disappear for several days, she put on a brave face. -Dammit. I really need to attend that party too. He's been planning it for months- And as the music faded after much too short a time she kissed the two goodbye and signaled to Jenner that it was time to go. Pouting she met him halfway to the door. "Sometimes the universe is just out to ruin a girls evening of fun."

Outside the limo slid up silently as Jenner reached out for the door. "And you wouldn't have it any other way miss. You don't have to worry until they stop calling." Serraphina demurely lept into the backseat and hit her sub-con again. "Governor Staraeon, Thank you for your gracious invitation. And I'm pleased to say that, since my latest negotiations have closed ealier than expected, I would love to attend." Linking Jenner in to that snippet of the conversation, he relayed the destination to the driver and poured her a drink.
The driver arrives at Tran'sa 'Kuul's massive Gate. Serraphina is immediatley ushered though, a window for her transit through the busy Gate apparently having been arranged during the drive over. She finds herself in a receiving room decorated with understated elegance. The only furniture in the room is a table, and a couple of chairs all sized for Serraphina. A mirror on the opposite wall creates a feeling of balance the furniture placed 'just so'. A Second look however provides a wealth of tasteful details. The carpet, moldings and cornices all have intricate yet subtle designs that build upon each other and match the recessed filigree on the table and chairs. The lighting of the room seems sourceless, but is crisp yet flattering with just a hint of rose. The air has a refreshing outdoors scent with a hint of honeysuckle. The mumur of multiple conversations drift from and entraceway across the room.

A Kerub with the head of a bull bows formally upon Serraphina's entrance. "Welcome to Kal'e'zant Citizen DeLecorte. Our world is brightened by your presence. It would be my pleasure to bring you any palliative or spirit companion you desire before entering the main hall. Also, should you wish any temporary biophysical modification I be happy to provide such."

Shayuri

First Post
Sigil considers her options, and decides to visit this party. As no time will pass, she won't lose any chances...and frankly, she'd much rather spend her time enjoying herself than tediously scrying the heavens. It will happen sooner or later...but why not later? Besides, maybe there will be people at the party who can shed some light onto the situation. Maybe even this Melanoce.

She garbs herself in flamboyant, colorful clothes, calculated to display her natural charms without being too immodest about it. A layer of glamour lent sparkle to her hair and gown, and miniature fireworks that burst around her, throwing portions of herself into varying lurid colors before fading.

From there she asks the Psi-net instructional avatar how to attend the festivities. Thus enlightened, she obeys its instructions...to appear at the biggest bash on this side of the known universes!

Voidrazor

First Post
Nephtys said:
"You did not expect me to do some intelligence work on this before even considering your offer? Do not waste my time dissembling. It is all fairly obvious. Which Citizen do you think I'm referring to?"

ooc: Bluff 51, she suspects, but now she wants to trick them into confirming her suspicions.
"You are saying that Sigil has remote-viewing capabilities?

Nephtys said:
Sounds excellent, Melanoce contacts hir. Does she know of any potential clients who would be willing to purchase these technologies? Who are professional enough to keep quiet about it and wealthy enough to pay a good price?

ooc: You mentioned during character-creation that Mecha technology was considered somewhat restricted military hardware. Implying that common citicens were prohibited from owning such goods. Yet she knows that Mr Starzaeon and now this Xonorious Gödel are both in posession of the forementioned goods. How much trouble could she get into (considering her Diplomatic and Intelligence-gathering skills) from dealing with such goods?
Several hours after you first attempt contact, Xonorius responds with a single word, "Go."

OOC - Some potential customers would be put off if Melanoce regularly kept mecha around. But there is no precedence for prosecution for trafficking in that technology. Certain nanotech and soul-destroying weapons are a different story.

When Melanoce arrives on Kal'e'zant she finds herself in an elegant receiving room pressurized with her native atmosphere and lightly scented with the covetted aukoi flower. Subtle yet complex designs decorate the walls, floor and the only furniture, a pair of eddyvares (think of a cross between a sofa and a jacuzzi). On the far side of the room an airlock field flickers in muted, tasteful colors.

A spirit in the form of alaobosh, a hundred-finned creature from Borogashi mythology, genfluects to Melanoce. "O wise and peerless Citizen Melanoce, welcome to Kal'e'zant. If it is in accordance with your wishes, I would be glad to adapt your form for compatibility and bouyance in the oxy-nitrogen atmosphere in the great hall. As well, it would be my pleasure to you with any palliative or spirit companion you desire."

Last edited:

Nephtys

First Post
Voidrazor said:
"You are saying that Sigil has remote-viewing capabilities?

"She has the resources of an entire world at her disposal. Surely it must have occured to you that she might have access to mid-level Divinations? And arcanists and priests of the eight valence are not that rare, hiring one to cast Discern Location would cost her mere pocket-change. My dear beings, if I had believed we would get away with it I would have taken you up on your offer." Melanoce conveys an apologetical mental shrug. "But this does not necessarily prevent our cooperation on other projects."
"Unless, of course, there is a fast and efficient way to process the cargo into its useful components. Depending on what it actually is you're going to use them for it might be practical to at least separate and refine their souls. If they can no longer be considered the same individual or object they were before they were harvested I doubt there's a way to locate them with any kind of divination. Of course, if you simply kill than without taking care of the soul she will be able to have them resurrected, or at least contact them in the afterlife. This is all speculation on my part, but you may consider it a free consultation and a sign of good faith."

ooc: Dip 80. As she said, it's mostly speculation, but is she right?

Voidrazor said:
Several hours after you first attempt contact, Xonorius responds with a single word, "Go."

Melanoce leans back, smiling, pleased at having completed such an important transaction. Then she begins looking for customers.

Voidrazor said:
When Melanoce arrives on Kal'e'zant she finds herself in an elegant receiving room pressurized with her native atmosphere and lightly scented with the covetted aukoi flower. Subtle yet complex designs decorate the walls, floor and the only furniture, a pair of eddyvares (think of a cross between a sofa and a jacuzzi). On the far side of the room an airlock field flickers in muted, tasteful colors.

A spirit in the form of alaobosh, a hundred-finned creature from Borogashi mythology, genfluect to Melanoce. "O wise and peerless Citizen Melanoce, welcome to Kal'e'zant.
If it is in accordance with your wishes, I would be glad to adapt your form for compatibility and bouyance in the oxy-nitrogen atmosphere in the great hall. As well, it would be my pleasure to you with any palliative or spirit companion you desire."

Melanoce looks critically at herself in a large mirror for a moment. Adjusting the deep blue and ultraviolet shades of the holographically projected Lightsuit a fraction and making sure her feromones are emitted at an apropriate level she then turns to the spirit. "My compliments to your choice of shape, your master has excellent taste. Please do your adaptations, and then be welcome to accompany me to the hall." She turns away, before turning briefly back. "Oh, and have the personel bring in the Citizen's present after the introductions."

ooc: I wrote a while ago that she was buying an appropriate gift for the Citizen for this occasion, a modest 3-5000gps worth. Nothing adventurish, or even necessarily magical. I don't know the universe well enough to think of anything (though Melanoce would), but it's the gesture that matters.

Vertexx69

First Post
On the way the gate, and the party beyond, Serraphina taps her subcon to send a message to this "Lord Karnak" - "Greetings and salutations Lord Karnak, I am Serraphina DeLecourt ruler of Tran'sa Kuul. Lord High Inquisitor Quillian Bliss speaks highly of you, and mentioned that you might be able to help me with a situation developing in my little end of the galaxy. I will be attending Argus Oloriel Staraeon, Governor of Kal'e'zant's gala event this evening if you wish to speak on the matter at length in person."
Voidrazor said:
The driver arrives at Tran'sa 'Kuul's massive Gate. Serraphina is immediatley ushered though, a window for her transit through the busy Gate apparently having been arranged during the drive over. She finds herself in a receiving room decorated with understated elegance. The only furniture in the room is a table, and a couple of chairs all sized for Serraphina. A mirror on the opposite wall creates a feeling of balance the furniture placed 'just so'. A Second look however provides a wealth of tasteful details. The carpet, moldings and cornices all have intricate yet subtle designs that build upon each other and match the recessed filigree on the table and chairs. The lighting of the room seems sourceless, but is crisp yet flattering with just a hint of rose. The air has a refreshing outdoors scent with a hint of honeysuckle. The mumur of multiple conversations drift from and entraceway across the room.

A Kerub with the head of a bull bows formally upon Serraphina's entrance. "Welcome to Kal'e'zant Citizen DeLecorte. Our world is brightened by your presence. It would be my pleasure to bring you any palliative or spirit companion you desire before entering the main hall. Also, should you wish any temporary biophysical modification I be happy to provide such."
As she steps into the room with Jenner, her form fitting maroon leather outfit crackles with energy and morphs into a flowing, creamy satinesque gown more appropriate to the occasion. The saphires on her various bits of jewelery start glowing from within to exactly match the shade of Serraphina's eyes. At the same time, the Efreeti's outfit crackles into a molten obsidian powersuit (formal not mechanized) as he gently jerks the lapelles with a slight smerk on his face. "You are most gracious, and I am pleased to be available for this event." Gesturing to Jenner passively, she shows passing interest in the molding for a moment then glances at him. I don't need another fiasco like just happened with the markotians over interpretations. "M'lady should require a set of translator nanites for the evening to avoid any unpleasant misunderstandings."
[sblock=OOC]Whats a cerub? And reading its surface thoughts, what kind of other "temporary biophysical modifications" is he thinking I might require?[/sblock]

Last edited:

Voidrazor

First Post
Shayuri said:
Sigil considers her options, and decides to visit this party. As no time will pass, she won't lose any chances...and frankly, she'd much rather spend her time enjoying herself than tediously scrying the heavens. It will happen sooner or later...but why not later? Besides, maybe there will be people at the party who can shed some light onto the situation. Maybe even this Melanoce.

She garbs herself in flamboyant, colorful clothes, calculated to display her natural charms without being too immodest about it. A layer of glamour lent sparkle to her hair and gown, and miniature fireworks that burst around her, throwing portions of herself into varying lurid colors before fading.

From there she asks the Psi-net instructional avatar how to attend the festivities. Thus enlightened, she obeys its instructions...to appear at the biggest bash on this side of the known universes!
Sigil arrives in a room similar to the one Serraphina arrived in. A figure that appears human, dressed the Kaydian equivalent of a waiter's tuxedo, bows deeply. Despite his appearance, Sigil's arcane senses can immediately determine that he's a spirit. He speaks in a melodious voice, "Citizen Sigil Queen of Faerie, it is a pleasure to welcome you to Kal'e'zant. If there is any elixer, enchantment or companion your grace desires, I would be most happy to oblige."

Voidrazor

First Post
Nephtys said:
"She has the resources of an entire world at her disposal. Surely it must have occured to you that she might have access to mid-level Divinations? And arcanists and priests of the eight valence are not that rare, hiring one to cast Discern Location would cost her mere pocket-change. My dear beings, if I had believed we would get away with it I would have taken you up on your offer." Melanoce conveys an apologetical mental shrug. "But this does not necessarily prevent our cooperation on other projects."
"Unless, of course, there is a fast and efficient way to process the cargo into its useful components. Depending on what it actually is you're going to use them for it might be practical to at least separate and refine their souls. If they can no longer be considered the same individual or object they were before they were harvested I doubt there's a way to locate them with any kind of divination. Of course, if you simply kill than without taking care of the soul she will be able to have them resurrected, or at least contact them in the afterlife. This is all speculation on my part, but you may consider it a free consultation and a sign of good faith."

ooc: Dip 80. As she said, it's mostly speculation, but is she right?
"Ah. Yes. We will make alternative arrangements for now. Rendering the cargo may be an option, but until the current shipment is delivered there is no way to acquire permission for such a process. We will be in touch."

OOC - Something along those lines would probably work if the client simply wants 'soulstuff'. Such a process would be difficult to reverse, probably requring a high XP wish or epic spell. Discern location would, in fact, find the soul if separated but not refined.

Nephtys said:
Melanoce leans back, smiling, pleased at having completed such an important transaction. Then she begins looking for customers.
Fom the tenor of the silence after Xonorius' single word, you gather that its waiting for your pitch.

Nephtys said:
Melanoce looks critically at herself in a large mirror for a moment. Adjusting the deep blue and ultraviolet shades of the holographically projected Lightsuit a fraction and making sure her feromones are emitted at an apropriate level she then turns to the spirit. "My compliments to your choice of shape, your master has excellent taste. Please do your adaptations, and then be welcome to accompany me to the hall." She turns away, before turning briefly back. "Oh, and have the personel bring in the Citizen's present after the introductions."

ooc: I wrote a while ago that she was buying an appropriate gift for the Citizen for this occasion, a modest 3-5000gps worth. Nothing adventurish, or even necessarily magical. I don't know the universe well enough to think of anything (though Melanoce would), but it's the gesture that matters.
The alaobosh flicks a pair of pectoral fins in the equivalent of a nod. The gesture ripples across a score of other fins as the spirit speaks, "I am certain the Governor will appreciate your gracious gift. Arrangements have just now been made to present it in accordance with your wishes."

The spirit follows you to the airlock, and moments later multi-hued particles drift from him, alighting on and then sinking into Melanoce's scales. The sensation is pleasant but strange. The airlock begins to cycle, seeming to match the process of transformation perfectly.

Nephtys

First Post
Voidrazor said:
Fom the tenor of the silence after Xonorius' single word, you gather that its waiting for your pitch.

ooc: Oh, I thought he gave the go-ahead to the implementation of the deal. Hmm, she has 60 pairs of portals to set up and not even one completed yet. I had hoped to get the network up and running in chapter 1, so that it could begin to pay for its own cost... Guess I'm going to need a lot of sales pitches. Is it ok if some of them are going to be the same? :uhoh:
Heh, I've been trying to write some pitches, but they all make me sound like a telemarketer. I'll get back to this once I can think of something that doesn't sound too rediculous.

Voidrazor said:
The alaobosh flicks a pair of pectoral fins in the equivalent of a nod. The gesture ripples across a score of other fins as the spirit speaks, "I am certain the Governor will appreciate your gracious gift. Arrangements have just now been made to present it in accordance with your wishes."

The spirit follows you to the airlock, and moments later multi-hued particles drift from him, alighting on and then sinking into Melanoce's scales. The sensation is pleasant but strange. The airlock begins to cycle, seeming to match the process of transformation perfectly.

And Melanoce floats out of the airlock, her monstrous maw smiling politely at the assembled dignitaries.

Voidrazor

First Post
Nephtys OOC - I'd like to play out some, but definitely not all, of the deals. No hurry on the pitch. I probably won't have the next round of responses ready until next wednesday.

Remove ads