Espranachtis, Amphousa, and Disnomia--Corruption Incarnate

Bront

The man with the probe
Erekose13 said:
I think we've managed to speed up the proposal process over the past couple of weeks. Lets see if things pick up across the board.
That's because there are 2 new approval judges ;)

Someone

Adventurer
Bront said:
That is the mortalists belief, not stated as fact.

Yes, the tricky part IMO is not making them true, but making them not false. If I make a mortalist cleric character, I´d like at least to have the posiblity of being right, not following a philosophy that I know ooc to be false.

I don´t think I´ve explained myself well :heh:

Bront

The man with the probe
Someone said:
Yes, the tricky part IMO is not making them true, but making them not false. If I make a mortalist cleric character, I´d like at least to have the posiblity of being right, not following a philosophy that I know ooc to be false.

I've never been a big fan of the Mortalists, it seemed more like a good compromise for an incomplete pantheon than anything that realy felt like it had a place in the world.

Rystil Arden

First Post
Someone said:

No, you're crystal clear. However, I would suspect that like the Athar in Planescape, Mortalists are going to need to have most of their beliefs pretty strongly challenged by all our deity info just by necessity. Now, that doesn't mean I don't think the Mortalists are cool or that I don't like their philosophy--it just means that I think that one philosophy that gods aren't really gods should not be given equal precedent to the entirity of all the other gods in creating the pantheon. Of course, the real problem for the Mortalists lies in Demipowers and Avatars, which are pretty obvious manifestations of the gods in this world.

Someone

Adventurer
Rystil Arden said:
These are Aspects of herself, but they are also fundamentally different.

I can get that, since I proposed something very similar; the fact that gods (preferably greater, alien gods) don´t neccesarily adjust to mortal´s perception of being adds a nice touch.

Otherwise, she is more inscrutable to mortals and an alien entity. Her daughter-aspects present an approachable face--indeed, that connection to modern mortals is why she used Urdiga's essence in her plan.

Good questions! Keep em coming :)

I see. Still, if Espranachtis is so alien she shouldn´t have many worshippers. Would be cool if only a handful of crazed scholars were aware of her, and maybe having a book written by the mad Sairundanese Abdul Alhazred that can tear your sanity if you read it.

Rystil Arden

First Post
I see. Still, if Espranachtis is so alien she shouldn´t have many worshippers. Would be cool if only a handful of crazed scholars were aware of her, and maybe having a book written by the mad Sairundanese Abdul Alhazred that can tear your sanity if you read it.

Oh, that's correct--she doesn't have many worshippers, and only a handful of crazed scholars and very sedulous students of the divine are really aware of her. Check the Lore I added and see how high the DC is to even know about her. And that evil book sounds pretty cool--except since she isn't as much into madness as Ahrianna, it would probably seduce you to a life of depraved evil instead :D

Rystil Arden

First Post
I can get that, since I proposed something very similar; the fact that gods (preferably greater, alien gods) don´t neccesarily adjust to mortal´s perception of being adds a nice touch.

Actually, Espra did adjust somewhat when she first began to feed on the darkness in mortals' souls. Though it wasn't enough to change her very much, it was enough to make her motivations understandable enough for me as a mortal to write of them, as she gained minor aspects of anthropomorphism. Even so, she still created her aspects because her main godhood was too alien to relate to worshippers, and the two aspects seem much more human.

Someone

Adventurer
Rystil Arden said:
And that evil book sounds pretty cool--except since she isn't as much into madness as Ahrianna, it would probably seduce you to a life of depraved evil instead :D

It´s not that madness is her portfolio, but maybe stressing the alienness that she is would make more obvious the importance of creating two deities, as direct contact with her would be too much for a mortal mind. The book would make a good artifact, minor or greater.

What do you think about an order of corrupted ex-paladins?

Rystil Arden

First Post
Someone said:
It´s not that madness is her portfolio, but maybe stressing the alienness that she is would make more obvious the importance of creating two deities, as direct contact with her would be too much for a mortal mind. The book would make a good artifact, minor or greater.

What do you think about an order of corrupted ex-paladins?
Ah, I see :) I was thinking too much about Ahrianna, I guess. Corrupted ex-paladins would definitely be her cup of tea--those who fall from the purest heights of good to the vilest depths of evil are her favourites :]. The only thing that would be better is corrupted ex-celestials :].

Bront

The man with the probe
Rystil Arden said:
Ah, I see :) I was thinking too much about Ahrianna, I guess. Corrupted ex-paladins would definitely be her cup of tea--those who fall from the purest heights of good to the vilest depths of evil are her favourites :]. The only thing that would be better is corrupted ex-celestials :].
Can you be an Ex-celestial?

Remove ads