• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Essentials Character Sheet Online!

AngryMojo

First Post
I really like that sheet. It's been my opinion since 3.0 that the WotC sheets are too cluttered. I'm looking forward to seeing how well it works in play.

JoJa

First Post
I really like the new sheet, too. My favorite part is that the skills are broken up under the appropriate attribute entries. I also am glad they added a little fluff underneath many of the categories to give new players a heads up what most of the terms/items mean for your character.

I do have one tiny quibble, though. I was disappointed that the download version (which is identical to the Red Box sheets as far as I can tell) didn't include a spot to log passive insight and perception.

I know it's not a big deal because you can just look at your number and add 10, but it was brought up in several places that when going through the Red Box solo adventure a player is instructed to fill in his or her passive scores and there is no place to do so. I had hoped they would fix that before making this one available online.

I'll probably do what I did on the solo adventure and just record them in the "character notes" section.

thewok

First Post
I'm not a fan of it myself. There is stuff missing (like the afore-mentioned passive scores), but I really prefer having all my skills in one spot and alphabetized.

Still, I'm glad Wizards is embracing options for people.

I do have one tiny quibble, though. I was disappointed that the download version (which is identical to the Red Box sheets as far as I can tell) didn't include a spot to log passive insight and perception.

My only problem with this as well. Other than that.........Goodbye tax form!!!! :p

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads