• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[eTools] Adding feat with AC bonus?

Hecatol

First Post
I'm trying to add a feat to eTools (editing the db directly in Access) that gives a +1 bonus to AC. This is where I'm at:

1. Added an entry "ModArmorClass" to the table "lookup Feat Bonus Type"

2. Added the feat itself to the table "info Feat"

3. Added an entry to the table "info Feat Bonuses" with these fields:
Id = feat name,
BonusType = ModArmorClass,
Target = 0,
SkillId = None,
Data = 1

The missing piece is how to get ModArmorClass in the lookup table associated with the AC so that the bonus is reflected. I'm hoping this isn't hardcoded, but I can't seem to find it.

Any ideas?

Hecatol

First Post
Unfortunately it doesn't. Keep in mind that I'm adding the ModArmorClass field myself, and there doesn't seem to be any way to associate the entry with the actual AC.

Cergorach

The Laughing One
Hmm... How annoying, i thought that the program would calll the bonus types and thus tried to add BonusACDodge and AddACBonus, this doesn't work. Why it doesn't work i don't know exactly, but intend to find out. What we really need is Fluid to add ModArmorClass.

Hecatol

First Post
I had expected there to be an existing ModArmorClass. I've been trying to tie into AddACBonus or BonusACDodge, but with no luck so far.

bitz

First Post
Unfortunately, it says right in the manual that bonuses from Feats will not stack.

Look in the 'House Rules - Overview' section which states:

It is important to note that the level of customization varies. A new weapon created with this tool is fully functional -- that is, when you equip a character with it, the attack and damage statistics will be calculated in with the character's other attributes and those statistics will appear on the character sheet or stat block. A new feat is not fully functional -- it will appear on the character's list of feats but it will not affect the character in other ways and any mechanics-related effect it would have on a character's stats or abilities will have to be altered by hand either on the Stats screen of the character generator (if applicable) or simply by making a note of it by hand on the printout.

Now, I don't know if Fluid said you can go into Access and do steps A, B, C to get it to work, but just figured I would show you a probable cause of why it does not.

Hecatol

First Post
What Cergorach said.

The helpfile doesn't take direct Access editing into account, and most effects are achievable by going that route. There just doesn't seem to be any way to associate a new mod type with an existing parameter such as AC.

Remove ads