Even Newer(er) Tavern Thread: The Hanged Man

Sanzuo

First Post
SUDDENLY, a simple civil servant wearing a jaunty feathered cap enters the tavern, walks up the the announcement board and tacks a leaflet to it. He tips his cap at the patrons and strolls out.

The Leaflet said:
ATTENTION

The honourable Mr. Guy Manley, Amazing Artificer of Reknowne is seeking a troupe of heartey explorerators to undertake a myssion of greate importance for fun and profit. Those interested in applying should do so in persone at Mr. Manley's Laboratorey in Daunton at the address(es) provided belowe.

Disclaimer: Explorerators chosene to undertake this myssion do so at thyne own peryl. Guy Manley and the City of Daunton assume no riske or liabilitey for any injurey, psychological or propertey damage or deathe caused during the aforementioned myssion(s). If the Explorerator does not survyve to accept paymente for services renderede, arrangements can be mayde to have paymente delyvered to nexte of kine, or other successor(s).

This message brought to you by Daunton Civil Scribe and Messenging Services, LLC.

Adventure said:

Edit: Do the sblock buttons seem to be broken for anyone else?

Last edited:

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
Hit the "Quote" button on any thread whose sblocks aren't working and you can read the contents of the sblock in the quote reply chunk.

Llama_Bill

First Post
The goliath that some of you saw running through earlier comes back through the portal. Has a quick glance at the notice board and jabs a finger at one of the notices. He then continues out of the door without saying a word to anyone.

[sblock=OOC]
Looks like Kavac is never going to get a drink in the inn.
[/sblock]

Voda Vosa

First Post
Earth moves slowly to the sign, but after reading it, he returns to his position near the door, and remains there like a stone statue; immutable.

Cute-Hydra

First Post
A fleeting look of satisfaction flashes across Karma's eyes, Kasha can see his focus stop though as if he had got what he wanted. He is interupted from commenting though, when the notice is put up. He spins around his curiosity seemingly uncontainable.

Cute-Hydra

First Post
A fleeting look of satisfaction flashes across Karma's eyes, Kasha can see his focus stop though as if he had got what he wanted. He is interrupted from commenting though, when the notice is put up. He spins around his curiosity seemingly uncontainable.

Luinnar

First Post
There seems to be a great commotion in the bar, more than usual. Everyone seems to be talking about the mysterious man in the corner.

Heard 'e wants someone to deliver a pac..pac..package.
you hear one drunken dwarf say to his fellows. Told the bartenderer he wants good adventurers for an easy job. Ha! probably dangerous, or ill..ill.. against the law. He hiccups into his drink.

Nobody gives that amount of money for something easy. says the more sober dwarf next to him. Probably one of those, wossnames, artifacts of ultimate power. Not wanting it to fall into the wrong hands and won't tell the people case they nick it and run off with it. he says glancing over to the man.

Mabee it is one of those ambush things. Gets them off in an out of a way place and steals their gold. says the third dwarf staring into his empty mug.

[sblock=Adventure: Delivery of Death]
I'm looking for 4-5 people levels 1-3. The adventure takes place on the new and mysterious island of Sojourn.

The adventure is not encounter heavy, but will certainly have battles. It is a conversion of an old 2E adventure of a different name. I won't give you the name of it or the setting name to keep things as mysterious as possible ;)

If you are interested please post a link to your character sheet and tell me if you have any other characters in L4W adventures, since those without an adventure should get first priority.

I will be happy to take new players and those whose characters are not yet approved. Please tell me if either is the case and have your character sent in before the adventure starts.

Posting requirements: at least every 48 hours when you are in skill challanges or encounters please. Weekends are optional. If you have special posting habits, say can't post Friday - Sunday that should be OK, but please say so.

Any other questions please asks the dwarfs or in OOC.

Thanks! :)
[/sblock]

Yishim is taken aback by the commotion, and is taken aback as Firete and Brenwar hurry out of the tavern. Hey, aren't you going to drink these meads?

Well, I, for one am going to hang around and enjoy some well-deserved rest.
[sblock=OOC]I'll stick around until we've got a critical mass for a Level 3 - 5 adventure. I like being a bit underpowered vs the strongman of the party.[/sblock]

Remove ads