Even Newer(er) Tavern Thread: The Hanged Man

Llama_Bill

First Post
Krav walks back into the inn and looks around for anyone he recognises, as he does this he easily makes his way to the bar to get a drink.

[sblock=OOC]
I'm back. Is anyone else in the Hanged Man that I can talk to?
[/sblock]

LadyLaw

First Post
[sblock=ooc]Rysethynn (Dwarf Warden) is sitting off at a side table.. There's also RAM TIGER (the gnoll) and Mab is about. I think she's over by Kasha at this point.[/sblock]

DMDanW

First Post
[sblock=OOC]
Xander Kain, Human cleric of Maros is currently sitting at the bar, face down on the bar surrounded by a massive collection of empty shot glasses.
[/sblock]

Llama_Bill

First Post
Krav sees both Auntie Mab and Xander but as Auntie Mab is more vertical he makes his way over to her drink in hand. As he sets his drink down on the table he introduces himself and offers his newly freed hand to the half-orc, "Hello, my name is Krav. Is this seat taken?"

pacdidj

First Post
"Seriously though, it's all just a scam, right?" she regards the woman guardedly. "That stuff's just for kids and rubes. Nobody can see the future."

"Oh my, no dearie! You see, I'm a fey-touched seer. I can see clear into the future and beyond! I was granted my power by a great Eladrin lord, you know. Luran is his name, and he is ever so dashing and handsome. He's a friend of mine dearie, a very special friend if you catch my meaning," Auntie Mab confides to Kasha with a wink. "But alas, we can hardly ever be together these days, what with all his wars and intrigues against the Unseelie Court. He's promised to bring me back to Arcadia though one day, and make me his queen. That, and to help my poor nephew Yenros who's stuck in hospital. He told me to wait here for adventure, he did. That his plan would become clear in time..." the old woman's rambling trails off into reverie.

Snapping out of it, she says, "But I assure you dearie, my powers are real and formidable. So, mind your manners, or I might have to give you the evil eye!," while waggling her fingers at Kasha in what she hopes is a spooky and impressive gesture.

Then, in a more businesslike tone she asks, "So how about that tarot reading love? A full Allarian Cross spread will only run you 10 gold."

[sblock="Insight 10"]Most of what the old woman has just said is hogwash, though there are a few kernels of truth thrown in as well. You can tell however that she is a practiced liar. Her swindling skills are likely suffering due to a bad case of nerves, trying to hold her own amongst so many seasoned adventurers.

Bluff Check (1d20+8=10)[/sblock]

Seeing the dragonborn return, Auntie Mab brightens saying, "Ah, hello again Krav dearie! No signs of adventure yet, but we've kept a seat warm for you."

Cute-Hydra

First Post
Karma looks away from Mab, a look of quiet triumph in his twinkling eyes, he seems to have got the information he needed/wanted. He does however replace his thin smirk with a warm actual smile as he approaches Kasha having got up from the bar and walking over.

"Karma Palminetti," he says offering a hand.

[sblock=Insight DC20]
Karma seems to be addicted to observing and gathering information about people, how they think and what they do. He clearly is excited about a new person joining the bar and seems to be unused to the exciting variety of people the bar of adventurers provides.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Perception DC12]
As Karma extends his hand towards Kasha, you can see his hand is glowing with what seems to be energy. It seems to glow off him, but only from the hand.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Arcana DC10 but only available if passed above perception check]
The energy seems to be some kind of psychic force energy. It does not seem presently dangerous to Kashas well being.
[/sblock]

Remove ads