Even Newer(er) Tavern Thread: The Hanged Man

pacdidj

First Post
"Wouldn't undead aliments come under a clerics domain? Can I do anything to help? May the god be with him either way,"

"Oh, I don't think so love. The healer was very specific. He said only that strange old wizard Doddoddod had experience dealing with magically-suspended sickness like this. But thank you for your kindness, anyhow."

"Sorry to leave in such a rush and on such a serious topic but I have a meeting to get to. It was so nice to meet you all. If you get any information on jobs or Yenros' treatments leave a message with the barman as I have a room here for the next week."

"Ta ta, dearie! Nice to meet you," says Auntie Mab as the dragonborn departs, then lapses into quiet contemplation thinking of her nephew.

forgive the curiosity "But is it normal for the fey to choose mortal.. associates, assuming of course you are mortal- at which if I am mistaken then I am dreadfully sorry."

"What's that?," says Auntie Mab startled out of her reverie by Karma's question. "Oh, well... well, I say!," exclaims the elderly woman, her face flushing slightly. "Don't you know it's rude to ask an old lady about her private affairs? 'Associate' indeed. Well, I never!... C'mon Tristram!," she says grabbing her rat familiar off the bar, causing the small creature to emit an indignant *Meep!*

She turns back to Karma with a cross expression on her face. "Now, dearie, if you can mind your manners, and decide you want that tarot reading after all, I'll just be at that table with my friend Rysethynn over there," she says, pointing to where the dwarf is sitting.

Auntie Mab then turns and begins to stride across the room toward Rysethynn's table. Having not noticed RAM TIGER's entrance however, she acidentally blunders into the gnoll's chair. "Oh, excuse me dear-," she begins to apologize, but, seeing the creature's bared teeth, and savage expression, she quickly amends it to, "Um... nice doggie??," as she slowly backs away from RAM TIGER's table.

[sblock=ooc]Auntie Mab, level 1 Human Rogue (Warlock), is still looking for adventure. I'll be out of town until the 2nd of August though, and if any low-level adventures come along before then, I'd appreciate it if someone would save me a spot![/sblock]

Antithetist

First Post
"Oh don't worry, he's a sweetie really," Kasha says with a grin, stepping up behind Auntie Mab. "He likes it when you tickle his tummy. Try it!"

The wide-eyed look of innocence that she's attempting to pull off as she gives this advice is somewhat undermined by her barely-restrained giggles.

Sanzuo

First Post
HEHEHEHEHERAWR!?
________/

From his "den" underneath the table in booth 4, RAM TIGER is startled by the chair suddenly nudging him in the flank. He sits up too abruptly, smashes his head into the bottom of the table and then, snarling, looks for the transgressor. Suddenly he notices Tristram the rat perched on Auntie Mab's shoulder. Then he just... stares and salivates more than usual.

pacdidj

First Post
Judging by the hackles standing up on his back, Tristram clearly feels threatened by the gnoll's drooling stare, and decides to fight fire with fire. Rearing back on his haunches, the tiny rat assumes a "threatening" stance, extending his foreclaws as wide as they'll go to make himself look slightly bigger. He gives an engraged cry of, *Squeak, pffft, fft, fft, fft, hiss!*

"There, there now Tristram," says Auntie Mab petting the terrified rat to soothe his nerves. Though she puts on a brave face, the old woman is also clearly feeling nervous, as evidenced by the trembling of her age-wrinkled hands. "The poor thing is just hungry. Why look at his mouth watering!"

"Would you like a cookie nice doggie?," Auntie Mab asks in a quavering voice, as she reaches into her pocket, pulls out a small, hard biscuit, and tentatively offers it to RAM TIGER. "These are Tristram's favorite. I make them myself out of chopped liver, oats, and bonemeal."

Antithetist

First Post
Kasha's attempt at a gag might not have warranted anything more, but none the less she scowls petulantly as the old lady ignores her. Leaving the rat and the gnoll to their staring contest, she goes to find a table.

Sanzuo

First Post
"Would you like a cookie nice doggie?," Auntie Mab asks in a quavering voice, as she reaches into her pocket, pulls out a small, hard biscuit, and tentatively offers it to RAM TIGER. "These are Tristram's favorite. I make them myself out of chopped liver, oats, and bonemeal."

RAM TIGER perks up and eats the biscuit instantly. He licks his chops and growls something at Auntie Mab in Abyssal.

ramtigerspeaks.png

Last edited:

Voda Vosa

First Post
Earth turns his head towards the ruckus produced by the gnoll. Apparently he reacts slowly, for the creature had already nested beneath a table.
He starts to move slowly, dirt falling from him as he goes, and the little plant sprouting from his back, dancing with the slow motion of the massive earth and rock thing.
Earth stops next to the table and fixes his empty eye sockets on Ram Tiger.
But he does nothing more. He stands there, like a statue.

OOC: Hey, actually, I'm the gnoll. =P

Otakkun

Explorer
As Shrakk enters the tavern once again, he finds amusement at the scene playing in front of him.

"Be grateful he didn't eat your hand as well ... I've seen him do worse in battle."

pacdidj

First Post

"Do you want some more, then?," Auntie Mab asks hesitantly. "Well, okay. Here you go... there's a good boy," says the old woman as she pulls an old paisley handkerchief out of her pocket and empties the rest of her rat treats onto the floor, then rapidly retreats before RAM TIGER devours her hand in addition to the biscuits.

The tiny rat on her shoulder cries a mournful *Squeeeaaak!,* but is quickly shushed by Auntie Mab, who whispers, "Hush Tristram! I'll fix you more later."

"Be grateful he didn't eat your hand as well ... I've seen him do worse in battle."

Not having heard him come in, Auntie Mab is startled by Shrakk's admonishment. She whirls around and eyes the gith quizzically for a moment. Then her expression turns stern, "Aha! So, you're this poor doggie's owner then? Well I must say dearie, this is highly irresponsible of you! Don't you know Daunton has leash ordinances? Leaving the poor thing all alone and hungry to fend for himself, frightening old ladies and eating all their rat biscuits. Should be ashamed of yourself..." Auntie Mab mutters irritably as she turns to go rejoin Rysethynn at her table.

Kasha's attempt at a gag might not have warranted anything more, but none the less she scowls petulantly as the old lady ignores her. Leaving the rat and the gnoll to their staring contest, she goes to find a table.

On the way, she spots Kasha sulking in a corner. Having been frightened completely out of her wits by RAM TIGER, Auntie Mab only now realizes that she had ignored the half-orc. "Oh, I'm sorry dearie. Did you say something?"

Noticing the young girl's sullen expression, she adds, "You look a little down on your luck, you poor dear. Did you perhaps want a reading? Auntie Mab knows all the ins and outs of fortune and destiny! And, for a minimal fee, I can tell you when your luck will change: when to buy low and sell high, which goblin dens to plunder, and when you'll finally meet that special guy. What do you say dearie?," the old woman asks ingratiatingly as she pulls out her trusty deck of tarot cards.

Antithetist

First Post
On the way, she spots Kasha sulking in a corner. Having been frightened completely out of her wits by RAM TIGER, Auntie Mab only now realizes that she had ignored the half-orc. "Oh, I'm sorry dearie. Did you say something?"

Noticing the young girl's sullen expression, she adds, "You look a little down on your luck, you poor dear. Did you perhaps want a reading? Auntie Mab knows all the ins and outs of fortune and destiny! And, for a minimal fee, I can tell you when your luck will change: when to buy low and sell high, which goblin dens to plunder, and when you'll finally meet that special guy. What do you say dearie?," the old woman asks ingratiatingly as she pulls out her trusty deck of tarot cards.

Kasha's strop ends as swiftly as it began, replaced by a wide-eyed look of wonderment which she quickly attempts to conceal with a show of bravado.

"Down on my luck? Ha!" she snorts, folding her arms. "Some fortune teller you are! I just had the biggest pay-off of my life, and you're telling me I'm down on my luck?"

"Seriously though, it's all just a scam, right?"
she regards the woman guardedly. "That stuff's just for kids and rubes. Nobody can see the future."

Remove ads