Even Newer(er) Tavern Thread: The Hanged Man

DMDanW

First Post
"Well that was interesting" Xander comments to no one in particular. "I guess this is the right place then" he remarks referring to a comment he made a while earlier. The bartender arrives with the ale and whiskeys he ordered and he proceeds to throw back another one of the potent shots.

It appears that the multitude of alcohol the man has ingested is now starting to take its toll as he turn to regard Krav and 'Auntie' Mab. He takes a moment to focus his eyes on the old lady and stares at her for a moment. "So what's with the Rat?" he asks, his speech slurred only slightly.

Llama_Bill

First Post
"I'm sorry to hear about your nephew. Do you know what caused the coma?" asked the dragonborn his voice quieter than usual, once the question was done he got back to his usual voice, "If I wanted to sit around and do nothing I would have stayed in the Kingdom of Jade. At least we are happier and drunker here."

Llama_Bill

First Post
A massive goliath runs into the inn and slams down 5 bloody gold coins on the bar without stopping as he shouts, "I'm just passing through. Buy everyone a drink and keep the rest." After the words leave his mouth he disappears through the portal to The Drowned Man.
You don't get much of a chance to look at him as he charged through but it was easy to tell he was at least a foot taller than anyone else and very lean and muscular. The leather armour vest and shorts would normally look out of place but with all the exposed muscle it appeared functional. The massive sword and arms that look like they know how to swing a sword also imply you shouldn't mention him looking peculiar. His bald head displays his pale grey skin and stripes of mottled dark grey skin that normally cover a goliaths body. The giant hand that he slammed onto the bar is totally covered in lithodirms that only start to thin when they reach his forearm. These ithodirms are so densely packed and dark in colour that it looks like the goliath is wearing gloves made from coal.

[sblock=OOC]
I know I can't have both of my characters in the Hanged Man at the same time so Kavac is just passing through to show that he is ready. I'll get him a game after Krav.
[/sblock]

pacdidj

First Post
"So what's with the Rat?"

"Why, he's my familiar dearie. I've ensorcelled him with my great and formidable arcane powers!," says Auntie Mab, waggling her fingers at Xander in a manner that she clearly thinks is spooky and mysterious. Tristram the rat seems unimpressed though, rolling his eyes at his elderly mistress as he sips his whiskey.

"You see, I'm a fey-touched seer love. I was granted my powers by Luran, a dashing and handsome fey-lord. Luran, he's my... well... he's my friend. A very special friend dearie,"
says the old woman, blushing slightly. "We've been on many adventures together, not to mention more than a few romantic moonlit walks in the forests of Arcadia," she adds with a sly wink.

[sblock="Insight 18"]Something about Auntie Mab's description of her relationship with Luran rings false.[/sblock]

"I'm sorry to hear about your nephew. Do you know what caused the coma?"

"Thank you for your sympathies dearie. That's very kind of you," Auntie Mab says to the dragonborn, "Sometimes it's more than I can do just to keep up with poor little Yenros' treatments. He's been in this coma for almost a month now, ever since he fell sick from... what did the healer call it?... 'partially abortive wraith sickness' I think it was. See there was an undead attack on East Daunton a few weeks back, where my sister Therella's family lives... Lived, I mean to say. You see the awful things killed my sister, her husband, and her daughter, and they injured her son Yenros terribly. Ever since he's been in this strange kind of sleep. He doesn't breathe, and his heart doesn't beat, but he's not dead. His poor little body is warm to the touch, and sometimes his eyes move like they do when you dream."

"The healer says he's never seen anything like it. Most cases of wraith sickness end up with the poor victim dying and becoming another wraith, but for some reason that didn't happen to little Yenros. They say there's not much they can do for him, except keep applying the unguents and reagents, and wait to see what happens. The healer told me that that weird old wizard Doddoddod might be able to help with his strange Oan magics, but I can't afford his consulting fee," Auntie Mab says disconsolately.

Last edited:

Sanzuo

First Post
RAM TIGER crashes headfirst through the door into the tavern from the kitchen. He is holding a half-raw beef leg in his mouth and plods forwards on all fours. His newly enchanted claws click on the floor and he now has what appears to be a rotten, severed head of a githyanki braided into his mane and hanging off to the side. The head's expression is frozen in a ghastly state of surprise and horror.

The gnoll snarls at a group of patrons sitting in his spot. They rapidly vacate the booth and RAM TIGER plops down beneath the table and begins to feed loudly on his beef leg.

CRUNCH CRUNCH CRUNCH
________/
ramtiger.png

[sblock=ooc]RAM TIGER is a level 2 claw fighter. Here are his stats:

[sblock=Statblocks]RAM TIGER, Male Gnoll Fighter 2

Passive Perception: 19, Passive Insight: 12

AC: 19, Fort:19, Reflex:15, Will:12 -- Speed:7

HP:40/40, Bloodied:20, Surge Value:10, Surges left:11/11

Initiative +4, Action Points: 1

Powers: Grappling Strike, Cleave, Combat Challenge, Ferocious Charge, Takedown Attack, Second Wind, Seize and Stab

Opportunity Attack: +10 vs. AC, 1d6+5 damage, and the target is marked, grabbed, and their movement stops for that action.[/sblock][/sblock]

Llama_Bill

First Post
"Thank you for your sympathies dearie. That's very kind of you," Auntie Mab says to the dragonborn, "Sometimes it's more than I can do just to keep up with poor little Yenros' treatments. He's been in this coma for almost a month now, every since he fell sick from... what did the healer call it?... 'partially abortive wraith sickness' I think it was. See there was an undead attack on East Daunton a few weeks back, where my sister Therella's family lives... Lived, I mean to say. You see the awful things killed my sister, her husband, and her daughter, and they injured her son Yenros terribly. Ever since he's been in this strange kind of sleep. He doesn't breathe, and his heart doesn't beat, but he's not dead. His poor little body is warm to the touch, and sometimes his eyes move like they do when you dream."

"The healer says he's never seen anything like it. Most cases of wraith sickness end up with the poor victim dying and becoming another wraith, but for some reason that didn't happen to little Yenros. They say there's not much they can do for him, except keep applying the unguents and reagents, and wait to see what happens. The healer told me that that weird old wizard Doddoddod might be able to help with his strange Oan magics, but I can't afford his consulting fee," Auntie Mab says disconsolately.

"You should do everything in your power to help him, as nothing comes before family. I know I'd be doing all I could like you are. Wouldn't undead aliments come under a clerics domain? Can I do anything to help? May the god be with him either way," says the dragonborn more seriously than he has been all night. As the gnoll burst in Krav can't help but look upon it with disdain, sometimes he can't help growing up in the Kingdom of Jade and having the views it instills. Upon hearing bells chime in the distance the dragonborn gets up, "Sorry to leave in such a rush and on such a serious topic but I have a meeting to get to. It was so nice to meet you all. If you get any information on jobs or Yenros' treatments leave a message with the barman as I have a room here for the next week." Krav gives everyone a nod, says good bye again, then leaves through the door with a confident stride.

[sblock=OOC]
I'm going on holiday until the 3rd so if you could save me a spot on any adventures that turn up that would be excellent. Have fun without me.
[/sblock]

Cute-Hydra

First Post
Karma watches Krav leave and turns back to Auntie Mab, forgive the curiosity "But is it normal for the fey to choose mortal.. associates, assuming of course you are mortal- at which if I am mistaken then I am dreadfully sorry." Karma smiles as if to reassure that he is just making conversation. Aunt Mab can see Karma looking very intently however examining the older women carefully.

Antithetist

First Post
The influx of new blood continues as the door opens once more and a young girl swaggers in. Her build is athletic and well-muscled, and her jutting jaw and heavy brow betray half-orc heritage. Her skin is dusky, with a slight greenish tinge. Big dark eyes rove around the inn with a challenging stare. "Kasha," she announces with a half-cocked smile.

She steps over to the bar, giving a wave as she goes to the feral gnoll gnawing on his beef leg. "Hey Tiger," she calls. "I see you put your share of cash to good use! That looks like a nice step up from the rotten goblin you were noshing on last time I saw you here."

She carries on her way, obviously not expecting an answer, and orders an ale at the bar with a level stare that dares the barman to question how old she is.

[sblock=OOC]Kasha, level 2 half-orc Rogue.

Sorry about the colour clash DMDanW. :([/sblock]

LadyLaw

First Post
Rysethynn looks curiously at the half-orc girl when she walks in. At first she thought perhaps this might be one to talk to about the symbol. She seemed jovial enough, but then Rys notices that the girl is friendly with the beast under the table and she changes her mind. Clearly this is one to stay away from. She turns back to her ale then, mumbling under her breath something that no one else can hear.

Remove ads