Even Newer(er) Tavern Thread: The Hanged Man

BenBrown

First Post
Hú Lí sidles up to the newcomer. She taps once on her drum to gain his attention.

"Are you waiting for someone?" she asks. "Or are you interested only in solitary drinking?"

OOC: Whaddaya mean, "not a looker in the bunch?" :)

Mewness

First Post
"I am afraid, friend dwarf, that the tale is not mine to tell. I am here for my master. He needs an item retrieved and would prefer that the tale not be spread in a place such as this. You must understand how the noble few view the fragility of their standing. It is possible that his enemies have ears in this very establishment.”
"And is he so utterly without friends that he must beg for help in this establishment?" asks "Harold" sardonically. "Who is your master? His name, at least, you must reveal if you want any more attention from this quarter."

twilsemail

First Post
Reeve sniffs audibly in distate at the first comment. As if his master would stoop so low as to ask his friends to perform such a task. As if he wanted his "friends" to know such a task was necessary.

"Well into your cups then? I can certainly repeat myself if necessary. I work for the Merchant Lord Rustavich."

Aperion

First Post
Hú Lí sidles up to the newcomer. She taps once on her drum to gain his attention.

"Are you waiting for someone?" she asks. "Or are you interested only in solitary drinking?"

OOC: Whaddaya mean, "not a looker in the bunch?" :)

"Well, I'm not really waiting for anyone yet, so I guess I'm here to drink until the wisdom falls out of my head"

OOC: LOL, I was actually thinking of a Simpsons episode, the one where all the old people in the town have to be rescued at sea and the sea captain says 'aye, not a looker in the bunch'

nerdytenor

First Post
A human enters the tavern. At first glance, one might think him a beggar - he is thin, and his body has all the markings of someone who spends almost all his time outdoors. His eyes seem to carry an enormous amount of accumulated suffering. But those same eyes appear incredibly alert and knowing. All of his clothes appear hand-made - his hide armor and makeshift boots, his gloves and collar. Strapped across his back is a spear made of bone, twine, and steel. It glows faintly, humming with wild magic.

He glances around the tavern and grunts. He approaches the bar slowly as if he has never been in a tavern before. There is an awkward silence as the bartender awaits his order.

"Drink."

The bartender looks as if he is about to speak, perhaps to ask the newcomer to be more specific. But one look into those dark, brooding eyes is enough to convince him not to make the attempt. He serves up the most popular of ales, and the man places a few coppers on the counter.

"Thank you, Mr..." the bartender says, slightly fearfully.

"Jonathan. Jonathan Granville."

OOC:
Jonathan Granville is a lvl 5 Seeker, looking for his first adventure. He is a flexible skirmisher type, mostly ranged but can get in there for melee as well. His specialty is control and debuffs. This is character #2 for me so other folks with only 1 character take precedence as per the L4W custom.

Mewness

First Post
"Well into your cups then? I can certainly repeat myself if necessary. I work for the Merchant Lord Rustavich."
[sblock=ooc]Huh. I actually went back to look to see whether the master's name had been mentioned, and I somehow missed it. Oh well, Scarmiglione is only as smart as his player =)[/sblock]

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
Eithal, though silent has been paying attention to the proposal being discussed. Now she breaks her silence, "Oh come own Scar-ah meen 'Hay-rolled', yew know these felluhs down't tayell yew the deetayells lessun yew get 'em intah a pry-vuht room, all hushed-like."
OOC: Female Goliath Warden Level 7 (see signature for link to CS).

Sorry. I'm on a road trip, posting from my iPhone. I won't be able to engage deeply until Friday night, but I'm interested in staying with Scarm, Freddie, Toeto, Yishim, & Kaz.

Last edited:

Aperion

First Post
Aperion looks around and sighs. He's just getting more drunk and nothing else. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

OOC: Can anyone tell me how long this approval process for characters takes? I've been smoking the D&D crack hardcore for the last couple weeks and I want to do some ACTUAL PLAYING. Pbp here is the best option for me to play any actual d&d, are there any judges I can prod to get the process to move along? This whole process seems to stop new people from joining.

Dekana

Explorer
OOC: You can play in games while unapproved. It's just that you can't earn xp until then. Since adventures usually last a few months, you're likely to be approved by the time you actually earn any xp.

Aperion

First Post
OOC: You can play in games while unapproved. It's just that you can't earn xp until then. Since adventures usually last a few months, you're likely to be approved by the time you actually earn any xp.

OOC: Awesome, thanks. I'll focus on finding a game to participate in

Remove ads