Even Newer(er) Tavern Thread: The Hanged Man

Xeterog

Explorer
Well, I'm finished with this ale anyway..come on, lets go see if this is worthy of our notice or not. Fredrock says as he finishes off his Ale. Besides, he sent a very nice carriage for us!

Mewness

First Post
"Harold" gives his head a dismissive shake and gets up to follow Fredrock, but turns first to Hú Lí. "It seems I am wanted elsewhere," he says airily. "But is was a pleasure to meet you, and I should take great pleasure in attending one of your performances in the future." He then follows Fredrock out of the tavern.

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
"Hey, y'all!" Wheyah yah gowin'!?" Eithal rises from the table. "Yew ain't gownna layast a meenut withayout me!" The giantess bounds across tavern floor and out into the street after her friends.

Pentius

First Post
Noriaki walks into the Hanged Man, his stride light as a breeze and his chin held high. His nose is assaulted by the smell of stale ale, unwashed bodies and cooking food, the combined aromas overpowering the light, flowery scent he had been wearing. His lip twitches, almost imperceptibly, at the smell. "Why does he always insist we stay in such places? Probably some peculiar point for the Way of Iron." he thought to himself, as he glances about the room for a free table. No point in asking for a private dining room in a place like this.

Luckily, he spots a table recently vacated and moves to seat himself there, lightly adjusting the Katana in his sash and thinking twice about putting his arms on the table. The bartender spots his fine silk clothes and sends a stout, halfling barmaid over with a mug of their finest. "Good evenin', sir." she says, "And who do I have the pleasure of servin' today?"

Noriaki accepts the mug gracefully, not even flinching as he takes a sip of some vile concoction. He speaks in Allerian, with a light Jadian accent giving his voice an almost musical quality. "I am Noriaki Matsumoto, third son of the House of Storms, a prodigy of the sword taught by Master Hachi Danmyou." Noriaki notes the bouncers' lack of response, though he specifically spoke just loud enough for them to hear. They must be used to rowdy guests.

"Well," says the barmaid, not really impressed, "I'll bring your food out shortly." and with that she walks off into the kitchens, leaving Noriaki to wait.

VanderLegion

First Post
Tyris steps through the doorway into the Hanged Man and stops to allow his eyes to adjust to the gloom after the sunlight outside. He is a short, slender man in a flowing black robe with a large hood pulled up to hide his face. The light seems to dim around him, almost as if he is wreathed in shadows. He slowly scans the room with his eyes, looking for threats.

Sensing no immediate danger, he moves to a table in a shadowy corner of the room and sits with his back against the wall, almost seeming to fade out of sight. When he finally manages to catch a barmaid's eye, he flashes some coins, then leans back against the wall to await food and drink, his eyes always moving around the room.

Remove ads