Even Newer(er) Tavern Thread: The Hanged Man

pacdidj

First Post
"Everyone is trying to get as much attention as possible. Were we like that before we saw horrors of the wolrd?" asks Illarion nobody in particular, but quiet so not to intrude upon those already competing in bardic competition

"Oh, cheer up dearie. It's youthful enthusiasm is all. Oh to be young again," says Auntie Mab with a sigh. "But just think, there's a few less horrors in the world now thanks to us. Though I did hope we would get a bit more gratitude for it, at least get to shake the mayor's hand if not a nice little cash prize. Ah well, maybe next time."

"I'm going for another cup of tea dearie. Do you want Auntie to bring you one as well?," she asks noticing that the blind elf has finished his beverage.

jkason

First Post
Devinihm, wilden druid

A wilden enters the tavern, a branch with an odd red bark and laced with gold in his hand. He turns his white eyes* to look around and, apparently satisfied with the sight, touches a talisman clasped to the shoulder of his white leaf cloak. His hide armor disappears at the contact. Its absence makes obvious the black, twisted scar in his bark that runs down one side of his neck and along to his shoulder.

"I am Devinihm, once of the mangroves, though I think I am of more than that now," he says.

OOC: *Aspect of the Ancients

Cleverusername

First Post
At the sight of Castile, Alkas smiles and also clasps this dwarf hard on the shoulder. "Hail cousin. I am Alkas Glanrak" he states.

[sblock=dwarven]
Alkas means searcher/scout
Glanrak means treasure/vault
[/sblock]

Dekana

Explorer
Castile jumps a little when a total stranger hits her shoulder, but her look of concern fades when he gives a well-mannered introduction. She smiles back at him. "A pleasure, Alkas. And likewise to your friends." She nods at the others. "May I ask about the occasion?" While speaking, Castile puts her own hand, enclosed in a metal gauntlet, on top of Alkas's.

[sblock=dwarven]Castile is an unusual name for a dwarf. Its comes from Old Allarian and it is occasionally used as a given name in Daunton. Angzak is thoroughly dwarven.

Castile means castle
Angzak means terror/terrible

Alkas's name sounds less foreboding, lol.[/sblock][sblock=picture]
Blumen_by_janaschi.jpg
[/sblock]

Pentius

First Post
Sitting in his chair near the Magari, Noriaki is still a little overwhelmed by all the bustle in the tavern. He focuses more intently on Tlacamatli and the other candidates, but Tlacamatli has taken to talking to the dwarves, and that hardly interests the young swordsman. He turns to Hu Li, reverting gladly to his native tongue, though he still talks in his habitual court dialect. Ah, perchance we shall yet have the opportunity to hear you play. Through your music and our swordplay, we may spark a fire in the hearts of these strange people, that they will go out and seek to enrich themselves with art and culture." he gestures to her flute, "Have you played long?"

Mewness

First Post
Castile appraises the gaunt dwarf more closely. He's very exotic; definitely not from Daunton. "Are you from the valley then? You're, uh, not what I would have pictured."
"Most of us are not like me," replies Tlacamatli simply.

[sblock=ooc]I'm basically waiting to hear from VanderLegion about Tyris's joining Ben's game. If he's good to go with that, I can add Castile to the squad.[/sblock]

BenBrown

First Post
Hú Lí takes her flute from its pocket. "I have played for several years," she says simply. She places the instrument to her lips and plays a slow trill. "Do you make music as well? I have heard that many fine swordsmen are also artists." Her dialect is not as courtly as Noriaki's but there is a bit of an old-fashioned sense to the words she uses.

VanderLegion

First Post
Tyris rises from the table and nods at Tlacamatli. He moves over to the pile of ash that used to be Lenard, curious. He kneels down beside the pile and peers at it. Reaching out with one hand, he dabs a finger in the still-warm ashes. Suddenly he is glad he took up the martial arts as opposed to the arcane.

[sblock="ooc"]I messaged BenBrown about it last night and let him know I was interested but would be out of town for the weekend etc. Also, I saw that the Irregulars expressed interest in joining that adventure as well, so I wasn't sure who Ben might prefer. I haven't heard back yet, so I figured I'd go ahead and post before I leave for the weekend. I can always retcon it on tuesday if something changes...[/sblock]

Pentius

First Post
Noriaki smiles slightly at the note. "It is true that any good swordsman must also know the arts. I am but little learned of the flute or drum, but have played the koto for many hours. My smallest sister used to entreat me to play for her every day, so that my skills would never rust. Sadly, I did not bring a koto with me to these lands, and it seems those of these lands know little of its classical musics. It seems I will have to rely on my traditional sword techniques and the blessings of the spirits to prevail in the Games, for I will not be able to impress with Courtly Arts as you will."

Mewness

First Post
Tlacamatli gazes back and forth from one of the Dartmoor Irregulars to another and begins counting upon his fingers.

[sblock=ooc]OK, we'll be going with Alkas, Castile, the Dartmoor Irregulars, Hú Lí, Takahaan, and Noriaki. I have an actual face-to-face game today, but I'll try to get the adventure thread up sometime over the weekend.[/sblock]

Remove ads