Even Newer(er) Tavern Thread: The Hanged Man

Neil1889

First Post
A few of the nearby drinkers clink Rabbit's glass in a toast. He sips his drink and settles back to scan the tavern, looking for anyone he knows.

Distracted in her reading, Lilli is suddenly aware of the smoke in the room that came from somewhere; her frantic handwaving to clear the air suddenly becomes a wave to 7Rabbit at the bar.

ScorpiusRisk

First Post
Bell perks up at the mention of the IAC. She turns her head to view the bar, before being scooped up in the smoke.

[Sblock=Block of Bell]Bell Jabson, Shardar-Kai Bard 8 ()
Init: +5; PI 17, PP 17; low-light vision
HP: 60/60, B 30; Surge 15 hp, 8/8
AC 24, F 18, R 23, W 21
Saves: +2 Racial bonus against the unconscious condition; +2 to all death saving throws
Speed 6; AP: 1

Skills: Acrobatics 10, Arcana 15, Athletics 7, Bluff 12, Diplomacy 13, Dungeoneering 8, Endurance 8, Heal 7, History 15, Insight 7, Intimidate 12, Nature 8, Perception 7, Religion 15, Stealth 10, Streetwise 13, Thievery 8(10)
Languages: Allarian, Imperia, Tsugo, Magari, Draconic, Hzakan, Old Allarian, Silentus, (Read Any)
Rituals: Arcane Mark (Arcana), Amanuensis (Arcana), Battlefield Elocution (Arcana or Religion), Brew Potion (Arcana or Religion), Comprehend Language (Arcana), Disenchant Magic Item (Arcana), Enchant Magic Item (Arcane or Nature), Endure Elements (Arcana or Nature), Eye of Alarm (Arcana), Glib Limerick (Arcana), Purify Water (Arcana, Nature or Religion), Raise Dead (Heal), Silence (Arcana), Tenser's Floating Disk (Arcana)

Powers
Guiding Strike, Staggering Note, Deep Pocket Cloak
Focussed Sound, Dissonant Strain, Hypnotism, Insightful Warning, Theft of Life, Shadow Jaunt, Majestic Word 2/2, Words of Friendship, Second Wind
Stirring Shout, Song of Defense, Satire of Bravery, Swordmage Warding, Harmonic Songblade +2, Philosopher's Crown, Onyx Dog Summon

Trigger (An enemy adjacent to Shard attacks Bell)
Bite (Standard; At-Will); +7 vs AC; 1d6+3
[/sblock]

dimsdale

First Post
ooc: Some have already rolled initiative. Let's have everyone else roll as well. Roll for the baddies = crit

I'll be nice a say that anyone else who rolls a nat 20 can go first, otherwise, the badguys will go first. If you haven't rolled a initiative roll before tomorrow night then I'm going to assume that it was a lower roll. All hell breaks loose tomorrow. :)

This is a one encounter deal, feel free to use everything you got. Also, since so many characters are participating I'm not going to wait an extended time for people to post. If you take more than a day or so I'll have someone post for you. Thanks

JoeNotCharles

First Post
Jarel-karn see 7 Rabbits enter the bar. "Hey, 7 Rabbit. I'm happy to hear you brother is under good care. It was some time since we get your team out of Rinch's hoard. Sadly, it seems our meeting are cursed to be in trouble time. It seems those one are not hear to play darts."

7 Rabbit nods to Jarel-Karn, and is about to thank him for his concern when he is suddenly swallowed by the thick smoke. Rabbit blinks in surprise, and looks around to see the other combatants disappearing. "Well, nothing more to learn here now," he says in disappointment.

Distracted in her reading, Lilli is suddenly aware of the smoke in the room that came from somewhere; her frantic handwaving to clear the air suddenly becomes a wave to 7Rabbit at the bar.

Rabbit hops off his stool and carries his drink over to Lilli's table. "Hello!" he says. "Sorry again for getting you into that trouble at Stargazer Hill. I really didn't think that ceremony would be dangerous... Was that young Bell who just vanished into the smoke? I seem to recall I sponsered her for IAC membership, seems like ages ago now. She looked much more confident and experienced than she did back then..."

[sblock=OOC]
I can't believe Bell is level 8, and Rabbit's only level 5! Then again, he's only been on a couple of adventures. I keep using him as an NPC instead...
[/sblock]

While Rabbit converses with Lilli, the door opens again and a tall, stern looking human with a severe close-cropped haircut, enters. He wears gleaming armour with a tabard ardorned with Juna's scales of justice. He sweeps the room with military steel in his gaze, assessing the patrons for threats, and spots Kauldron. He moves through the crowd next to the paladin, and asks in a low voice, "I'm glad to see another of us made it out ok. Do you know what happened? We were trapped in a cavern and then - darkness. Or was the darkness first? I can't remember anything, not even how I got back to Daunton. I just woke up in Juna's Temple a few days ago - I've been fasting and praying ever since, trying to make some sense of it. What about you?" He looks around again. "And have you heard from any of the others?"

[sblock=ooc]I hope Kauldron's still here - I noticed that Pheonix and Damen left but I didn't notice Kauldron check out.[/sblock]

[sblock=Tarkus]
Tarkus the Crusader, Level 5 Pacifist Cleric, ready to go. He's my second character, so I won't take both him and Rabbit out at the same time, obviously.
[/sblock]

Karlowitch

First Post
Iron Sky said:
Phoenix glances at Ryan, but is distracted by the commotion in the center of the room.

"Hold that thought,"
she says. "Something... interesting going on here."

" Sure thing "
Ryan says but none the less, he and Randal are quite surprised when she just vanishes along with the others into thin air. Glancing at his companion Ryan shrugs " I must say, I didn't expect that..."

Noticing that the combatants have truly vanished, Randal furiously scouts every corner of Tavern, as best he can from the table, before realising that they are not coming back. " CRaAAAPPP! "

[sblock=Ready for some Adventuring]
Just wanted to say, that I am also looking for an adventure and I stand ready with my BV Fighter level 1 :D !
[/sblock]

Neil1889

First Post
Rabbit hops off his stool and carries his drink over to Lilli's table. "Hello!" he says. "Sorry again for getting you into that trouble at Stargazer Hill. I really didn't think that ceremony would be dangerous... Was that young Bell who just vanished into the smoke? I seem to recall I sponsered her for IAC membership, seems like ages ago now. She looked much more confident and experienced than she did back then..."

"Oh that..." Lilli waves her hand dismissively (and then a few times more frantically as another smoke cloud billows over).

"It mostly ended well in the end. The report I wrote is with the Igors and that helped with my shopping, funnily enough. I do hope poor lost Karma's alright, though."

"Sorry, don't know the lady in question, alas."

JoeNotCharles

First Post
"It mostly ended well in the end. The report I wrote is with the Igors and that helped with my shopping, funnily enough. I do hope poor lost Karma's alright, though."

"Karma didn't make it back?" 7 Rabbit looks concerned. "For some reason I thought he had! We need to send out a search party!" The dwarf looks incredibly stricken and guilty.

At the other end of the room, Tarkus realizes that the person he accosted is not Kauldron, merely someone encased in similar armour. He apologizes and retreats. Finding an open space, he addresses the room. "I am Tarkus the Crusader, originally of Allaria, a priest of Juna. Lately the Goddess has charged me to increase my faith, not by leading in battle, but by serving others with humility. So I am available to aid any party that has need of my services." He takes a seat and waits for any takers.

A second later, the portal to Bacarte flashes into life an a huge form lumbers out. It has the appearance of a large walking tree, its branches brushing the ceiling. It is not large enough to be a treant, but it is undoubtedly some sort of nature spirit from the Feywild - except for two points which make it seem much more rooted in the world of men. First, half of its trunk is shrivelled by fire, and an iron rod covered in sorcerous looking runes juts out of the blackened area. Second, oddly for a tree, it carries a sinister looking long-hafted axe.

"I am Ironheart," rumbles the newcomer. "Once I guarded a grove in Arcadia. Now I have journeyed long through mortal realms, and I seek a new circle to protect." It crosses the floor and plants itself in an open space - ironically, the very one vacated by Earth not long ago.

7 Rabbit stares at it in fascination. "Now that's interesting!" he says. "I wonder if its birth in the feywild was affected by the same stars that affect us here?"

[sblock=OOC]
Ironheart, Level 3 Wood Woad Warden (a reskinned Warforged)

Now, I prepare to utterly dominate conversation in the tavern by sheer weight of numbers. Somebody save us by recruiting one of me for an adventure, quick!
[/sblock]

Remove ads